Urban Fantasy Setting: Here There Be Monsters

Killer Shrike

Re: Urban Fantasy Setting: Here There Be Monsters

How about...Tyrone "Big T" Jackson? I went w/ 4 points on the Heroic Recovery' date=' and morphed him into more of a brawler.[/quote']

Wow, KS. That is SO much a better character than what I came up with. He lost the exorcism to do it of course, which I had seen as an essential for the concept, but the original build simply did not work. By turning his faith into a compliment to his size rather than simply an adjunct, you really made this shine. Dropping the DCV but picking up the defensive martial maneuvers to make up for it, would never have occurred to me without having the damage potential bolstered by his faith.

Just so everyone knows, as I really like this 'new' Tyrone, that this is in truth much more KS' work than my own, even though KS has credited me with this character. I sent him a very rough designer file that bears very little remaining semblance to this 'new' Tyrone other than the extremely rough definition of; "An ex-con/enforcer who found his faith in prison and now works with street kids."

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Character is built with 5th Rules (no I dont have a copy of 6th or Hero Designer, i wasnt good nuff for Santa to get me one)

The real interesting things ought to be in the Blessed pool. If he is interesting enough then by all means convert him and post him. Yeah he is a non-campy version of a Watcher from Buffy TVS. I have another Character that I'll build for conversion later, My wife helped build a Professional so it should be interesting.

Character Name: Timothy Drakeford

Campaign name: Monster Hunters

Genre: Dark Champions

Timothy Drakeford outwardly appears to be a fairly normal member of society who makes his living as a consulter to architects in-between Monster hunting jobs. However for a long time he also had another job as an Observer, one who finds and trains certain supernatural fighters to combat the worst of the Monsters. He and his Childe were exceptionally good at their jobs when ultimately he failed to find a solution that would have allowed his childe to defeat an enemy without sacrificing herself. Simultaneously a Monster he and his Childe had trusted turned on him and destroyed his mind and life. Since then he has recovered from that fall that nearly cost him everything to the point in his life where he is ready to begin again.

Characteristics

13 Str

14 Dex

13 Con

13 Body

18 Int

18 Ego

8 Pre

12 Com

3 PD

3 ED

3 SPD

6 REC

26 End

27 Stun

6 Run

2 Swim

Characteristics Total Cost: 56

Skills, Perks and Talents:

3 Jack Of All trades

3 Scholar

3 Traveler

2 PS: Hunter

1 PS: Remote Control Hobbyist

2 PS: Researcher

1 PS: Architect

2 PS: Instructor & Physical Trainer

1 KS: RC toys and Items

1 KS: Believers & their powers

2 KS: Instruction & Training Techniques

2 KS: Research Techniques

1 KS: Buildings & Architectural Designs

2 KS: Supernatural Lore

2 WF Common Melee Weapons

2 WF: Common Missile Weapons

1 WF: Handguns

3 +1 W/Handguns

3 Stealth

3 Paramedic

3 Concealment

2 AK: Local Campaign City

1 AK: Sewers

1 CK: Egypt

2 CK: Local Campaign City

2 CK: New Mexico

2 Survival: deserts

3 Linguist

3 Language: Arabic

3 Language: Greek

3 Language: Hieroglyphics

3 Language: Sumerian

1 Supernatural hunter License

Total Cost of Skills Perks and Talents: 69

Believer Pool: 25 Base (a character pays for any relics and / or faith-based abilities they may have out of their Believer Pool. They can also take something ephemeral like a one-time boon granted by a powerful being.)

Ring of Faith: his simple wedding band, when it strikes supernatural creatures it causes a significant problem for the opposition. 1d6 NND Does Body (defense is being a ‘good’ supernatural or Professional, +2), Linked to Str Based Strike (-1/2), RSR: Faith Skill (-1/2), IIF Difficult to recover (Wedding band, -1/2), (15A, 6R)

Holy Dirt (of Santuario de Chimayo): 2d6 NND Does Body (defense is being a ‘good’ supernatural or Professional, +2) 1 Charge, Difficult to recover (Pilgrimage to Santuario de Chimayo, -1 1/2), OIF (Holy Dirt, -1/2) Range Based on Strength (-1/4) (30A, 9 R)

A Prayer Most Benevolent: Change Environment (5), 16” Radii (the sound of my voice, +20) -4 to All Magical Skill Rolls, (Failure indicates the caster must restart the spell preparations, +9) Incantations (throughout, -1/2), Extra time one turn (-1/2), Only vs. magic’s of differing faiths (-1/2), ½ DCV throughout (-1/2), (29A 9R)

Total cost of Equipment: 24

Complications:

15 Dependent NPC: Girlfriend 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

5 Distinctive Features: Soulless Eyes (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Psychological Limitation: Irrational (or perhaps not so) hatred of Monsters

15 Psychological Limitation: Frustrated Idealist, Hates Injustice (Very Common, Moderate)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other Observers/Researchers; Rival is More Powerful; Rival is a Group; Seek to Outdo Rival; Rival Unaware of Rivalry)

Total value of Complications: 50

Characteristics + Powers + Skills, Perks and Talents= Total Character cost

Base Points=75 + 50 Available from disadvantages + = 125 Maximum

Wow, KS. That is SO much a better character than what I came up with. He lost the exorcism to do it of course, which I had seen as an essential for the concept, but the original build simply did not work. By turning his faith into a compliment to his size rather than simply an adjunct, you really made this shine. Dropping the DCV but picking up the defensive martial maneuvers to make up for it, would never have occurred to me without having the damage potential bolstered by his faith.

Just so everyone knows, as I really like this 'new' Tyrone, that this is in truth much more KS' work than my own, even though KS has credited me with this character. I sent him a very rough designer file that bears very little remaining semblance to this 'new' Tyrone other than the extremely rough definition of; "An ex-con/enforcer who found his faith in prison and now works with street kids."

Thanks for the praise, but I just added flourishes, found some synergy. Besides, I've got my name on enough things, and collaboration is more important to me than a byline any way.

This Character is built with 5th Rules (no I dont have a copy of 6th or Hero Designer, i wasnt good nuff for Santa to get me one)

The real interesting things ought to be in the Blessed pool. If he is interesting enough then by all means convert him and post him. Yeah he is a non-campy version of a Watcher from Buffy TVS. I have another Character that I'll build for conversion later, My wife helped build a Professional so it should be interesting.

Cool.

A) can I get the hdc?

B) you want to be credited as "AnotherSkip" or something else?

Looking over character builds I have a few questions:

1. how heavy of an armor for an upper limit for the Gear Pool versus needing a Professsional Pool?

2. Do you wish to swipe cellphones from the Cyberpunk stuff you have on your site?

3. Do you consider this stuff Gear or Professsional Pools stuff (Questioned because of cost differentials)?

7 Smoke Bombs: CE 2" radius, -4 to Sight Group PER Rolls, (19 A); 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2), Explosion (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4) OIF Costume (-1/2), Real Smoke (-1/4)

13 Tear Gas Pellets: CE 1" radius, -3 to Normal Sight PER Rolls, -2 to Con Rolls, Multiple Combat Effects, Sticky (+1/2) (30 A); 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4), May be missile deflected (-1/4) OIF Pellets (-1/2)

[Notes: If Con roll is failed character is stunned, sticky does not include the AE of the power. The cloud dissipates after one turn, but the effect to those in the area last 5 minutes]

(Both were stolen then modified from the Bat gear thread)

Grenades in general are Professional Pool fodder. Weak Smoke Grenades would be an allowable exception for the Equipment Pool.

As to cellphones, I'm wondering if you mean the PDA's from MetaCyber? You'll have to point me to it.

For armor, motorcycle armor and basic mail order body armor would be ok in the Equipment Pool. Full on high-quality flak jackets, SWAT style armor, and so forth would be Professional Pool.

Really, honestly, if you are making a character that needs to rely on Gear, you should be making a Professional character. If its important enough that you need it for a concept to work, the character is probably a Pro.

All four Origins are just justifications for a particular sort of ability. Gear and Skill = Pro. Innate Superhuman abilities = Innatus, Real Magic = Mystic, Psionics = Psychic, Faith and Religion and Spiritualism = Believer. Within those broad concepts most abilities can be made to work, in different ways. A Pro can wear body armor, the other Origins can justify some kind of innate or activated power based defense if it makes sense. Defensive options are plentiful. All characters can have Combat Luck and Supernatural Resistance regardless of Origin.

Attached it the Updated version of Darren Walters, the Dark Doc.

The Dark Doc

Darren Walters

Player: The Rose

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

16 DEX 12

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

14 INT 4

13 EGO 3

11 PRE 1

2 PD 0

2 ED 0

2 SPD 0

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

12m RUN 0

4m SWIM 0

4m LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 20

Cost Power

9 Psychic Healing: Healing BODY 2d6; Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Requires A Roll (13- roll; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Unified Power (Tied to Psychic Scalpel & Psychic Surgery; -1/4), Side Effects (-1/4)

3 Psychic Surgery: Major Transform 1d6 (Patient into Modified Patient, Surgery, magical healing, etc.), Improved Results Group (+3/4); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Limited Target ([slightly Limited]; Living Beings; -1/4), Unified Power (Tied to Psychic Healing & Psychic Scalpel; -1/4)

12 Psychic Scalpel: HKA 1d6-1, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Power Defense; +1/2), Does BODY (+1); No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Unified Power (Tied to Psychic Healing & Psychic Surgery; -1/4)

Powers Cost: 24

Cost Skill

3 +1 with any three pre-defined (Manuel Dexterity)

4 +1 with all Intellect Skills

5 Power 13-

2 PS: Street Surgeon 11-

2 CK: Campaign City / Area 11-

1 Bribery 8-

2 Conversation 10-

2 CuK: Supernatural world 11-

3 Deduction 12-

2 Forensic Medicine 10-

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate)

2 PS: Hunter 11-

3 Paramedics 12-

1 Persuasion 8-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Medicine 12-

3 2) KS: Monsters 13-

1 3) KS: Occult 10-

2 4) KS: Supernatrual world 12-

3 Scientist

3 1) SS: Anatomy - Human 13-

3 2) SS: Anatomy - Paranormal 13-

2 3) SS: Biology 12-

2 4) SS: Chemistry 12-

2 5) SS: Micro-Biology 12-

2 6) SS: Para-Biology 12-

4 7) SS: Surgery 14-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Sleight Of Hand 12-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Streetwise 11-

3 WF: Small Arms, Surgical equipment (scapple)

Skills Cost: 79

Cost Perk

1 Positive Reputation: Honest Street Doctor (A small to medium sized group) 8-, +1/+1d6

Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 124

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Psychological Complication: Monsters aren't people! (Common; Strong)

10 Distinctive Features: Scarred Eye (left) (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Physical Complication: (Frequently; Greatly Impairing) [Notes: Lacks depth perception (? OCV with all Ranged Attacks), no peripheral vision on one side.]

5 Negative Reputation: Speciest , Infrequently

10 Hunted: Paranormals (monsters) Infrequently (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

Disadvantage Points: 60

Base Points: 125

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I ended up getting rid of the "psychic sight thing" for use on a different character. This one is Street Doctor of Horror Styling. Healing gives him a group usable dynamic. Psychic Scalpel gives him an offensive power. The Surgery is, however, a trademark. The ability to pull of a "Frankenstein's Monster" effect. I kept the blind left eye aspect because I think it adds character and a key piece of his backstory for explaining why he so hates Monsters.

Enjoy,

La Rose.

Okay, I'm now trying to write up "Doc Jones." Supernatural resistance sounds interesting and I'll see where I can take it.

La Rose

Actually, at this point, a couple of characters have Supernatural Resistance; feel free to ignore that requirement; I'll just change the example character name to be one of the existing ones.

It seems like your example for END Reserves and Hermetic Wizardry is using 5th edition rules. You might reconsider your current cap considering this, as a 5 character point END Reserve doesn't amount to much.

Also, at least once you change the spelling between Hermetic and Hermatic.

Blanc is coming along... he's been tougher to build than I thought, mostly because his description on the site notes multiple VPP and I'm trying to avoid redundancy.

Actually' date=' at this point, a couple of characters have Supernatural Resistance; feel free to ignore that requirement; I'll just change the example character name to be one of the existing ones.[/quote']

Fair Enough. I still went ahead and produced a character that used Supernatural Resistance, and in a way that others haven't (iirc).

Spoilered below if my version of a "believer" with Sn. R.

Player: Priest 

Val	Char	Cost
10	STR	0
10	DEX	0
13	CON	3
10	BODY	0
14	INT	4
15	EGO	5
17	PRE	7

2/6	PD	0
2/6	ED	0
3	SPD	10
4	REC	0
20	END	0
20	STUN	0

12m	RUN	0
4m	SWIM	0
4m	LEAP	0
Characteristics Cost: 32

Cost	Power
12	Grace of God: Super Natural Resistance (5pts), Usable Nearby (+1); OAF (Bible; -1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2)
6	Holy Light - Blinding: Darkness to Sight and Mental Groups 3m radius, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Does not work vs Humans; -1), OAF (Bible; -1), No Range (-1/2), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2)
9	Guardian Angel: Resistant Protection (4 PD/4 ED), Usable Nearby (+1); OAF (-1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)
Powers Cost: 27

Cost	Skill
3	Conversation 12-
3	Linguist
0	1)  Language:  English (idiomatic; literate)
0	2)  Language:  German (basic conversation; literate)
1	3)  Language:  Greek (Byzantine) (fluent conversation; literate)
2	4)  Language:  Greek (Koine) (completely fluent; literate)
1	5)  Language:  Hebrew (Classical) (fluent conversation; literate)
1	6)  Language:  Latin (completely fluent; literate)
3	Scholar
2	1)  KS: Biblical Text 12-
2	2)  KS: Chritian History 12-
1	3)  KS: Monsters 11-
2	AK: Campaign area 11-
3	PS: Priest 12-
3	CuK: Clergy 12-
1	Cryptography 8-
3	Oratory 12-
1	Paramedics 8-
3	PS: Researcher 12-
Skills Cost: 35

Cost	Perk
4	Fringe Benefit:  Priest, Right to Marry:  Can perform the marriage ceremony
Perks Cost: 4

Total Character Cost: 98

The idea here is a Catholic Priest that is a true believer in the Lord Almighty. His faith is so strong that he can call upon the Lord's protection via scripture recitation. Each of this three powers are area of effects (either naturally or via Usable by Nearby).

God's Grace protects those near him from supernatural harm. Holy Light shields the Priest and his follows from the eyes and minds of evil (namely Monsters in general). Guardian Angel(s) come forth and provide a cloak of protection to the priest and his fellows.

One thing I wasn't sure about for your game world was how much "access" to the Vatican and its library would be worth.

I still need to finish this character but I thought I'd post the prelim.

La Rose.

It seems like your example for END Reserves and Hermetic Wizardry is using 5th edition rules. You might reconsider your current cap considering this, as a 5 character point END Reserve doesn't amount to much.

Also, at least once you chance the spelling between Hermetic and Hermatic.

I updated the VPP guidelines to include both 5e and 6e mechanics earlier today. I was unaware that Endurance Reserve had changed...reading the changes I'm not pleased with them, but nonetheless I just added a 6e limit and example. I also fixed the typo.

Blanc is coming along... he's been tougher to build than I thought, mostly because his description on the site notes multiple VPP and I'm trying to avoid redundancy.

Do your best. The reason the example cites two VPP's is to make it clear that the character can't take one big VPP with an either or foci lim. They don't have to be big VPP's. However if its simply unworkable feel free to cut something.

Very Nice, Killer Shrike. I like the changes to the Complications and editing of the Back Story. Definitely two :thumbup:!

La Rose.

Glad you like. He wins the award for hardest to get a pic for thus far. I had to blunder together a photomanip; it turned out ok I suppose. Getting pics for more extreme characters is going to be a pain methinks.

Whew! Just finished the first draft of JB. This is my first time really diving into VPPs and MPs, and thus I am entirely unsure as to whether I've built something good or not. I still think he needs a bit of work (i.e. the Skills section), but I figured it'd be helpful to get feedback on his Powers and then I can make the appropriate changes.

I decided to make both his wands MPs, but I struggled with that. I really did want it to match the website but I just kept hitting a wall figuring out how to make multiple VPPs mesh together in a unique and meaningful way. Again, I have very little experience using these.

JOSEPH BLANC

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6

13 DEX 6 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

13 CON 3 12-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

18 EGO 8 13- ECV: 3 - 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

4 OCV 5

4 DCV 5

3 OMCV 0

3 DMCV 0

3 SPD 10 Phases: 4, 8, 12

3 PD 1 Total: 3 PD (0 rPD)

4 ED 2 Total: 4 ED (0 rED)

4 REC 0

30 END 2

11 BODY 1

30 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 56

Movement: Running: 12m/24m

Leaping: 4m/8m

Swimming: 4m/8m

Cost Powers END

30 Hermetic Wizard Rote Magic: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 20 base + 40 control cost, (40 Active Points); all slots Variable Limitations (requires -1 worth of Limitations; Extra Time, Concentration, Ritual, Window Of Opportunity, Incantations, Increased END Cost, Side Effects, Gestures, Requires a Hermetic Magic Roll; -½), Hermetic Wizardry Rote Spells Only (-½)

13 Ivory wand: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼)

1f 1) Take that!: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 2) Get back!: Blast 4d6, Double Knockback (+½) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 3) Didn't expect that, did you?: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+½) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 4) Behold!: Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 5d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

13 Ebony wand: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼)

1f 1) Get thee behind me! No, seriously, they're coming!: Barrier 6 PD/6 ED, 3 BODY (up to 4m long, 4m tall, and ½m thick) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 2) Whoa, down boy!: Drain STR 3d6 (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 3) Alright, enough of that!: Dispel 6d6, Magic (+½) (27 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

1f 4) Don't worry, there's plenty of me to go around!: Sight Group and Normal Hearing Images, +/-5 to PER Rolls (28 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (Pointing or flicking the wand; -¼) 3

Boomstick

13 Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 10 base + 34 control cost, (27 Active Points); all slots 1 Charge (-2), OAF (-1), Gestures (Requires both hands; -½), Incantations (-¼)

Perks

1 Fringe Benefit: Supernatural Hunter License

Notes: Joseph would refer to this as his "license to be a BADASS!"

Talents

10 Alert: PER roll to avoid being Surprised, even if a PER roll has already failed. Cannot be reduced to less than 10-

Skills

0 Everyman

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) Climbing 8-

0 3) Concealment 8-

0 4) Conversation 8-

0 5) Deduction 8-

0 6) Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

0 7) Paramedics 8-

0 8) Stealth 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

0 10) TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

0 11) AK: Home country, region, or city 8-

0 12) Bring it on: PS: Monster Hunter 11-

0 Six Spell Samurai

3 1) KS: Heremetic wizardry 12-

3 2) Streetwise 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 94

Total Cost: 150

125+ Matching Complications

10 Hunted: Supernatural Beings Infrequently (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Authorities Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Watching)

10 Dependent NPC (Girlfriend): Cody Carpenter Infrequently (Normal)

10 Psychological Complication: Cocky and carefree (Common; Moderate)

10 Psychological Complication: Thrillseeker (Common; Moderate)

25 Experience Points

Total Complications Points: 150

EQUIPMENT CARRIED

Equipment END

Mystic Pool: (25 Active Points) 0

Background/History: Joseph Blanc is a young man, early to mid-twenties, and if you were to ask him he'd probably tell you that's how old he's always been. He doesn't talk about his past much, and says he prefers to live "in the very now."

He started out doing odd jobs, amateur detective work and improvised "troubleshooting" for people who came to him with a lot of need but only a little cash. Case in point: Joseph met Cody on the job by saving her from a vampire who was about to feast on her (she was in a "vampire groupie" phase, but quickly got over that when she found out they were real and not at all romantic). She was panicking, the vampire was gloating, and Joseph was annoyed at having to take so many stairs. He blasted it off the skyscraper rooftop (it was a TALL building), and then he checked on Cody: it was love at first sight.

Taking out a major preternatural (or "preet" as Joseph calls them, much to the annoyance of his fellow hunters) in such a spectacular fashion caught the attention of some people "In the Know," and they helped Joseph become aware of and integrate with the hunter community. He even got a license, though he claims that it says that they put "supernatural" on it to describe him and not his job.

Personality/Motivation: Joseph Blanc (or JB as he prefers to be called) loves danger, adventure, and living every moment to its fullest. Stumbling into the world of magic and subsequently monster hunting was a windfall in Joseph's life, and he's never looked back. Why should he? Now he's making bank, dating an amazing girl, and is constantly testing himself and proving that he has what it takes to take on whatever challenges the supernatural world can throw at him. Money's never been a huge concern to Joseph; rather the thrill of the hunt has always been the real reward. For Joseph, life is one adventure after another and he is the modern, alt-rock knight in shining armor.

Joseph Blanc likes rock shows, indie clothes, slinging spells, impressing people and spending time with his girlfriend. He has a cocky, flashy manner to him that puts of a lot of more experienced or disciplined hunters. Once they take time to get to know him, however, they discover that he's genuniely a good person who cares about the people around him...and that he's NOT stupid. He has a lot going for him in this business: a knack for dodging traps or ambushes, creativity, and a powerful and diverse set of spells that he can draw upon.

He's generally pretty easy going (if loud, both visually and audibly) and irreverent, but that is likely a mask for some personal issues. Cody is the only person who seems to regularly have any affect on his behavior: he dotes on her completely and can practically never tell her no. He even (once) actually answered her when she asked him about his past (he usually brushes those questions off with a joke). He said that he spent some time in an orphanage, that he was adopted, and then he spent some time on the streets.

Quote: Alright, let's DO this!

Powers/Tactics: If Joseph Blanc were in the military, he'd be a fighter pilot. He likes being a part of a team but still retaining a strong sense of individual style and autonomy. He usually dual wields his wands: he uses the ivory wand for a loud, obvious offense (he's never explained where it came from), and his ebony wand (the shaft of a painting brush that Cody gave him) to provide direct defense or counter the bad guys in unexpected ways. When he knows what he's up against and has time to prepare, he charges his staff with one powerful spell that he can unleash at the right moment for maximum damage (for example, a suped up Create Sun spell if going up against vampires, or a massive AoE Dispel if there's a ritual to be interrupted, etc). He tends to rely on his magical muscle and good fortune to see him through to the end of the day (which worries Cody to no end). He prefers to plan by prepping magical items for various contigencies, because once he has a definite target he tends to eschew heay planning for fairly direct approaches, but he'll gladly listen to someone he respects if he or she asks him to hold off.

Campaign Use: JB has a lot of potential as a hunter and a person, but his vulnerabilities are very real. Without a trustworthy group of people to look after him and restrain his impulsive tendencies, it'd just be a matter of time until he bit off more than he could chew.

Appearance: Young white male, early twenties, alt-rock/indie/hipster clothing style. Likes sunglasses or anything else that makes him look "cool."

Oh, I have some pictures I found online as suggestions/starters if you'd like. Also, I need to go back and add in a detail or two hinting at his need for a mentor/paternal figure in his life.

But, it's almost 4 in the morning, and my teeth feel fuzzy.

Okay, this is my submission version of "Father Jacob," The believer. By the Website's standards, he best fits as a blend of Consecrator and Blessed. He makes use of the Supernatural Resistance (5pts) among other things to protect himself and fellow travelers.

Father Jacob

Player: The Rose / Dillon

Val Char Cost

10 STR 0

10 DEX 0

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

14 INT 4

15 EGO 5

18 PRE 8

3/15 PD 1

3/15 ED 1

3 SPD 10

4 REC 0

30 END 2

20 STUN 0

12m RUN 0

4m SWIM 0

4m LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 37

Cost Skill

2 AK: Campaign area 11-

3 Conversation 13-

1 Cryptography 8-

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: English (idiomatic; literate)

1 2) Language: German (basic conversation; literate)

1 3) Language: Greek (Byzantine) (fluent conversation; literate)

2 4) Language: Greek (Koine) (completely fluent; literate)

1 5) Language: Hebrew (Classical) (fluent conversation; literate)

1 6) Language: Latin (completely fluent; literate)

1 Priestly Training

2 1) CK: Vatican City 12-

2 2) PS: Priest 13-

2 3) Oratory 13-

2 4) CuK: Clergy 12-

1 5) PS: Researcher 10-

1 PS: Hunter 8-

1 Deduction 8-

1 Paramedics 8-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Biblical Text 12-

2 2) KS: Chritian History 12-

2 3) KS: Supernatural world 12-

2 4) KS: Theology 12-

Skills Cost: 39

Cost Perk

4 Fringe Benefit: Priest, Right to Marry:

3 Access

28 Resource Pool

Perks Cost: 35

Cost Talent

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Talents Cost: 12

Cost Believer's Faith

1) Holy Light - Blinding: Darkness to Sight and Mental Groups 3m radius, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Does not work vs Humans; -1), OAF (Bible; -1), No Range (-1/2), Limited Power (Only While In Good Standing With Faith; -1/4), Unified Power (Believer's Faith; -1/4) [Notes: Real Cost: 6pts]

2) Grace of God: Super Natural Resistance (5pts), Usable Nearby (+1); OAF (Bible; -1), Limited Power (Only While In Good Standing With Faith; -1/4), Unified Power (Believer's Faith; -1/4) [Notes: Real Cost: 12pts]

3) Guardian Angel: Resistant Protection (6 PD/6 ED/2 Mental Defense), Usable Nearby (+1); OAF (-1), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Power (Only While In Good Standing With Faith; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4) [Notes: Real Cost: 15pts]

4) Binding Light: Entangle 2d6, 2 PD/2 ED, Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DMCV; +1/4), Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), LOS (+1/2), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2); OAF (Bible; -1), Limited Power (Only While In Good Standing With Faith; -1/4), Unified Power (Believer's Faith; -1/4) [Notes: Real Cost: 20pts]

Total Character Cost: 123

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Hunted: Vatican Frequently (Less Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Watching)

15 Social Complication: Subject to Orders (vatican) Frequently, Major

10 Distinctive Features: Guardian Angel (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Psychological Complication: A Christian life (code of conduct) (Common; Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 50

Attached is the HD file. I even found a Picture that resembled what I was going for.

Enjoy,

La Rose.

I'd like to see someone take a stab at Leo Gattling - Professional with 2d6 Lucky Damage Dice. My attempt keeps looking way too much like Killroy's brother. I also assume that the last name of Gattling is indicative of his having a love for machineguns. My version has him toting a Steyr AUG HBAR, a heavy barreled variant of the regular assault rifle, designed to tolerate sustained autofire, yet it still weighs in at less than 9 pounds and is only 31 inches long due to it's 'bullpup' configuration. It is a full up Nato 5.56 assault rifle/squad support machinegun however.

So, Leo Gattling is a Professional with 2d6 of lucky damage dice. Hmm. Why not build something similar to "the Professional" with Jean Reno. But also have him pay straight points for a lucky amulet (or other such thing) that is passed down. It grants a basic array of Luck to the holder: Lucky Damage, bonus to OCV and DCV, combat luck, and maybe even a die of normal luck. Other than that, build him as a normal professional with some kind of expertise (combat, hunting, interpersonal, etc).

La Rose.