Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

RexMundi

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

Much time he has been spent in the NGD. ^^

What he said. I come here mainly to spout my wild ideas in the NGD. The game is really just a sideline for me. :P

I have a bunch of characters, actually, but they don't have backgrounds because I'm lazy. And I hate to post something that's incomplete. At least that's the excuse I'm going with.

I would have thought he would have digi-volved into Chimichanga Teen by now actually.

~Rex

Again with the Chimichanga cracks. Aylwin got to you to huh?

So long as he brings the Cart to the Movie when it comes out. Probably going to need something more solid for this flick, if it comes out in a theater (starting to think, direct to DvD now), then popcorn and cola......make sure there is some beer on that Chimmichanga Cart to.

~Rex

So long as he brings the Cart to the Movie when it comes out. Probably going to need something more solid for this flick, if it comes out in a theater (starting to think, direct to DvD now), then popcorn and cola......make sure there is some beer on that Chimmichanga Cart to.

~Rex

Good beer, none of that cheap stuff.....

Unfortunently I live in America and while I do live smack dab in the middle of Awesome Micro Brew Central, it's not the same as "back in the day.." I'd kill for a Henniger Pilsner or a Tuborg right now. :D

~Rex

Poking around in the Conan movie stuff, recently brought a queation to mind. How would you all have cast the "Perfect Conan Movie" Feel free to give it a Producer to Actors scope. I've got my own take already of course being the over opinionated bastich that I am, but I'm curious to see how others would approach it. Besides. It entertains me in my laid off hours. :D

~Rex

Yeah but we already kinda Had the Rock as Conan aka The Scorpion King and I really wasn't that impressed. I'm not hating on Momoa as Conan yet. I feel his look is far better then what Arnolds was actually. But I think I would have prefered someone along the lines of Manu Bennett as Conan really.

~Rex

Yeah but we already kinda Had the Rock as Conan aka The Scorpion King and I really wasn't that impressed. I'm not hating on Momoa as Conan yet. I feel his look is far better then what Arnolds was actually. But I think I would have prefered someone along the lines of Manu Bennett as Conan really.

~Rex

I said based on his size... not his acting skill (which is better than Arnold's was). And who's Manu Bennett?

Who?

I said based on his size... not his acting skill (which is better than Arnold's was). And who's Manu Bennett?

Who?

Heh, Manu Bennett plays Crixus in the Spartacus Blood and Sand stuff. If you look up his name in google Images, you'll get a good look at the guy. Looks like he stepped out of a Frazetta painting for the most part. Seen a lot of his other work, the acting is good enough for Conan, and the look would be spot on. Wasn't to thrilled with him in Condemned because he played a cryababy for the most part but he can do "badassery" with little to no issues in his other flicks.

Size wise I'd be fine with the Rock but my issue with Dwayne Johnson is that, well I always see "The Rock".......not the Role on the screen. Still, when he pulls on the tights as Black Adam, that will be pretty cool. :D

~Rex...says no to Ewan Macgregor as Conan.......Maybe someone Conan KILLS in the movie....but not Conan.

I wasn't aware they were doing a new Conan movie, I do hope they are actually inspired by the REH stories and take the time to do it right. I cringe whenever I hear about people working on Conan movies because they tend to sound like TV movies along the line of Xena and Hercules.

The first Arnold Conan movie worked for me despite its flaws because it managed the right feel, and there were scenes clearly based on events in the stories (his fighting off the wolves and discovering his sword was lifted almost right out of one of the early stories). Yeah, it could have been better but I think they did a good job particularly if you look at other fantasy movies from the 80s. The second movie fell into the typical corny half comedy of many fantasy movies.

As far as perfect casting, I don't have anyone picked out but I do hope they don't go with the body builder or long haired "Fabio" model look they typically try to cast. Conan should be a large man but he should have an athletic build like a boxer or martial artist, maybe even a swimmer, not a huge steroid enhanced body builder. He also absolutely should not be a buff pretty boy.

The 13th Warrior is one of my favorite fantasy movies, if they could give this new movie that kind of atmosphere, and work some of the stories into the movie that would be awesome.

It probably isn't possible to base the movie directly around the stories, it should be very easy to work them into a larger plot which would work fine for me.

I'm less concerned about casting than writing, frankly. It would be very very easy to write a bad Conan movie. I can forgive imperfect casting if the script involves realistic character development and interactions, and takes itself seriously.

Ah but who to Write the flick ........Hmmm.......Well you have the source material written already so you just need to turn it into a screenplay.....The animated Red Nails looks to be a good example of that......but for Live action. Writer, Director, and Producer would be as important as actor....

Oh, I had fun with the Original Movie as well. Still prefer Real Conan to Arnold-Conan though. Still a fun movie.

~Rex

I got a question what scene from the books would you most like to see in the movie. Mine is the one where he is nailed to the tree and he pulls himself free. It's been done but failed capture feel from the book. The best one was in the non-conan movie Sword and the Sorcerer, which I thought captured the genre better than the Conan movies did.

Heh' date=' Manu Bennett plays Crixus in the Spartacus Blood and Sand stuff. If you look up his name in google Images, you'll get a good look at the guy. Looks like he stepped out of a Frazetta painting for the most part.[/quote']

He does look good. Momoa's got six inches on him, though.

The problem is -- the Conan scene with the wolves and the sword is taken from a pastiche... not anything REH ever wrote.

I don't think so, I remember reading the story a few years after seeing the movie and thinking it was cool they had used it almost straight from the book. It had to have been an REH story or at the least one of those incomplete bits completed after his death as I haven't read the other authors who have tried to write Conan stories.