Champions Villains, Volume 1: Master Villains

Steve Long

Here's our back-cover text for CV1:

VILLAINY MOST FOUL!

A superhero needs just the right villains to make his adventures exciting. Whether you want world-threatening master villains, teams of supercriminals, or solo villains to oppose your heroes, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Champions Villains, a trilogy of books describing over 300 of the most important, powerful, and fun supervillains of the Champions Universe!

This book, Volume 1, describes Master Villains — the costumed criminals with enough power to conquer humanity, take on entire superhero teams singlehandedly, and affect the course of entire campaigns. Some of the fiendish foes you’ll find between its covers include:

—Dr. Destroyer

—Gravitar

—Holocaust

—Interface

—Invictus

—Istvatha V’han

—Kigatilik

—Kinematik

—King Cobra

—Mechanon

—Menton

—Necrull

—Baron Nihil

—Professor Paradigm

—Shadow Destroyer

—the Shadow Queen

—the Slug

—Slun

—Franklin Stone

—Takofanes the Archlich

—Teleios, the Perfect Man

—Tyrannon the Conqueror

—the Warlord

—Dr. Yin Wu

Besides those villains and more, you’ll find information on their minions, bases, resources, and evil schemes. So prepare yourself for the most dangerous enemies your heroes will ever face in Champions Villains!

Full color, hardcover

Price: $37.99 US

ISBN: 978-1-58366-130-7

Stock Number: DOJHERO1103

• 1 year later...

Re: Champions Villains, Volume 1: Master Villains

I had a question about the character Arthon. It is noted in the text that he cannot use powers in his Variable Power Pool greater than 30 active points unless he uses limitations, and that he must take at least -2 limitations to be able to use powers of 60 active points. Yet, his power pool is 80 points with a 60 point control cost with no limitations, and he has the power skill, 20 or less. Shouldn't he get some kind of limitation to his control cost?

• 1 year later...

Following up on my earlier question, I was wondering if there was an errata page(s) anywhere for the 6th Ed. Villains books?

One minor complaint I have is that the point totals are not set forth for multipower slots, so it's sometimes unclear whether a character can use two or more slots at the same time (since the combined point total might exceed the total pool, especially where one of the slots is a defensive power). I've sometimes computed the totals myself but sometimes wonder if maybe I'm making a mistake somewhere. It might be helpful to set forth the point total in square parentheses, in addition to the slot cost.