.600 Nitro Express Revolver

shadowcat1313

Re: .600 Nitro Express Revolver

It's actually a far more effective weapon firing the .458 WM....better ballistics. Don't think anyone has tried to wrap a revolver around the .700NE or .577 T-Rex yet, that should be a matter of time though. If you want silly stopping power in an actual weapon one could conceal and carry, I recomend the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull. Double Action and you get 6 rounds of make stuff real dead.

~Rex

It's actually a far more effective weapon firing the .458 WM....better ballistics. Don't think anyone has tried to wrap a revolver around the .700NE or .577 T-Rex yet, that should be a matter of time though. If you want silly stopping power in an actual weapon one could conceal and carry, I recomend the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull. Double Actiona and you get 6 rounds of make stuff real dead.

~Rex

.454 is something of a monster, it is certainly true. And with a rifle in the same caliber... Though I am not sure the Puma .454 is still being made.

http://www.legacysports.com/flash/flashcatalog/lsi_2011_catalogB.html

The Rossi Lever action? Not sure if it's still in production but it's easy enough to fine. It's on my christmas list. :D Fired the Legacy 92 a few times it's a fantastic rifle. Runs you around 400 bucks give or take if you hunt for them.

Some of the rifle rounds coming from Lapua now should end up as a handgun load fairly soon. Lapua is doing some silly stuff in the .338m range.

~Rex

The Rossi Lever action? Not sure if it's still in production but it's easy enough to fine. It's on my christmas list. :D Fired the Legacy 92 a few times it's a fantastic rifle. Runs you around 400 bucks give or take if you hunt for them.

Some of the rifle rounds coming from Lapua now should end up as a handgun load fairly soon. Lapua is doing some silly stuff in the .338m range.

~Rex

My friend has the Rossi .45 LC, he loves it.

The .338 Lapua is a great long range round, and the .338 Norma is the darling of the long range shooting set.

They were talking about a .375 on the same Norma case, but it has not appeared.

Yeesh.......Considering how flat both .338 rounds fire, a .375 on the norma case would be interesting to see. A lot of the design and tech going into the actual rounds themselves nowadays is rather interesting and has a lot of game impact potential.

Got a lot of stuff on the christmas list but the first I think is going to come off the Red Jacket Firearms catalog, hmm, Page 1 thorugh the end, heh.

~Rex....down to only 4 firearms at the moment but once the day job materializes, will be back up there in armory standings once again. :D

I lucked out a decade back or so and found a really nice and maintained Savage over under .22LR /.20 gauge. Still my favorite varmit rifle. Savage put out some of the best light caliber material out there. Shame the light caliber material doesn't get the same attention as the heavy weights. Great stuff and a lot of fun without killing the checkbook for a box of ammo. :D

~Rex

Sure' date=' a double-barreled rifle. But what's the fun in putting only two rounds in something? :P[/quote']

If you needed two rounds in with a nitro .700 you did something very, very wrong.

...unless you were shooting a charging elephant or rhino.

Most of the critters you would be wanting these caliber's for, if you didn't kill it on the first shot, unless you are really good you won't have time for the second. The cost on the double rifle for the .700 would require a Wealth perk level in HERO anyway, heh.

Besides you think the .700NE is a power house round, you should see the .950 JDJ.... How's that movie line go.....oh yeah. "Big Badda Boom!"

~Rex

Most of the critters you would be wanting these caliber's for, if you didn't kill it on the first shot, unless you are really good you won't have time for the second. The cost on the double rifle for the .700 would require a Wealth perk level in HERO anyway, heh.

Besides you think the .700NE is a power house round, you should see the .950 JDJ.... How's that movie line go.....oh yeah. "Big Badda Boom!"

~Rex

Isn't that the one that fires a one pound projectile from a modified shortened 20mm Vulcan case, fired from a 100+ lb bench gun?

he does a .50 BMG case necked up to 14.5mm too....

For hunting dinosaurs?

There's a fifty- or maybe even sixty-year-old science fiction story in which big game hunting for dinosaurs via time travel figures prominently. I think it was an L Sprague DeCamp but it's been 20+ years since I read it. "... with cartridges the size of bananas" is one quote I recall.

There's a fifty- or maybe even sixty-year-old science fiction story in which big game hunting for dinosaurs via time travel figures prominently. I think it was an L Sprague DeCamp but it's been 20+ years since I read it. "... with cartridges the size of bananas" is one quote I recall.

'A Gun For Dinosaur'. By L Sprague DeCamp. Great story.

... And, in 'Fallout 3', there is a mod that places a .700 'Nitro Express' (with a small but steady ammo supply) into the game.

It is an Awesome weapon.

Just one shot (medium range) will explode the head off a Supermutant, demolish power armour or turn an unmutated unarmoured Human into minestrone. :D

~Rex

Well you got to love a bullet that could be sold in a adult book store;)