My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

Zeropoint

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

[ATTACH]39104[/ATTACH]

Are you getting this? Cause i can't read them.

No, we can't read them, but we can download them. THEN read them in Hero Designer.

Personally, I prefer to post a character as in-line text, and also attach the HDC file for thsoe who want it. Except as often as not I forget to attach the file.

Lucius Alexander

Or a palindromedary eats it

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she's ever done that. When "animals" are there she can get them to back down and cooperate with her' date=' but she wouldn't and therefore can't call an army to risk injury much less inflict it on her behalf.[/quote']

Wouldn't and can't are two entirely different things. :)

Wouldn't and can't are two entirely different things. :)

I think "can't" is the better answer. Fluttershy can't control the minds of animals -- they still act independently. What she can do is persuade them that what she wants them to do is good for them. Going into battle is hard to convince a creature to do, especially if it has no stake in the outcome. So Fluttershy can't recruit an army of forest creatures to attack her enemies.

It might be possible for her to persuade a dragon to fight, though, because dragons are naturally combative and, as the top predator in the forest, have very little to fear. It is also easy for her to persuade the dragon that ponies are not part of the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long for the write ups. Never did figure out the HD alt write up system, so I typed these out by hand from the files. They are all based on 6E 175 points/50 comp. The two characters have booku experience on top of that.

The write-ups are all a page back.

This is the standard Knight of Equestria (all unicorns)

Equestrian Lancers

STR 15

DEX 15

CON 15

INT 13

EGO 10

PRE 13

OCV 5

DCV 5

OMCV 3

DMCV 3

SPD 3

PD 5

ED 5

REC 14

END 30

BODY 10

STUN 36

20 Running

4 Swimming

10 Leaping

Total Characteristics 93

Powers

12 Chain Mail Barding. Resistant Protection. 6PD/6ED (18 APs) OIF( -1/2)

34 Enhanced TK Multipower 34 Point Reserve

3) Telekinesis STR 15, Fine Manipulation

3) TK Enhanced Horn Attack, HtH Killing Attack 2D6 (3D6 with STR)

3) TK Punch: Blast 6D6 vs PD

4) TK Entangle: 3D6, 3PD/3ED

Total powers: 58

Skills, Perks and Stuff

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Stealth 12-

2 KS: Military Culture/tactics 11-

2 KS: Monsters/Equestrian Enemies 11-

2 KS: Military History 11-

9 +3 CSLs with Multipower/small group of attacks (Horn, entangle, Blast)

Total Skills: 24

Complications 50

15 Subject to Orders

15 Knightly Code of Conduct

5 No Hands (infreq.barely)

10 Enraged when innocents threatened 11-, 14-

5 Distinctive Features. Uniform Armor of Equestrian Lancers

175 points with no exps

Captain Campion

STR 15

DEX 16

CON 20

INT 13

EGO 10

PRE 13

OCV 7

DCV 5

OMCV 3

DMCV 3

SPD 4

PD 8

ED 6

REC 12

END 30

BODY 10

STUN 30

30 Running

4 Swimming

10 Leaping

Total Characteristics 129

Powers

18 Chain Mail Barding: Resistant Protection. 12PD/6 ED (OIF -1/2)

13 Enhanced TK Armor: PD Damage Reduction 50% (OIF -1/2)

18 Unicorn Magic: Cosmetic Transform. Changes Color of anything to any

Color(s)…even polka dots. (Disappears in an hour all by itself)

5 Extra Limbs for TK (10)

60 Unicorn TK Powers: Multipower, 60 Point Reserve

5) Telekinesis STR 30, Fine Manipulation (55 APs)

6) Equestrian Lancer Killing Attack – Hand to Hand

(TK enhanced Horn attack) 4D6 (5D6 with STR)

6) TK Entangle 4D6, 4PD/4 ED. Takes No Damage From Attacks (+ ½)

Total Powers: 131

Skills Perks n’ Stuff

3 Acrobatics 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

9 +3 CSLs with Multi Power

3 Survival Everfree Forest 12-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Tracking 12-

2 KS Equestria Familiarity 11-

2 KS Everfree Forest Familiarity 11-

2 KS Monsters/Enemies of Equestria 11-

2 KS Military Culture and history 11-

3 High Society

3 Tactics 12-

Total Skills 38

Total points: 298 (175 +123 experience)

Complications 50

15 Subject to Orders

15 Knightly Code of Conduct

5 Watched (Lancer Superiors)

15 Hunted Manticore (Campion Killed its mate), as pow, kill

Whimsy Snowmane

STR 10

DEX 16

CON 20

INT 13

EGO 20

PRE 10

OCV 5

DCV 5

OMCV 10

DMCV 5

SPD 4

PD 4 (10 PD, 6 Resistant)

ED 4 (10 ED, 6 Resistant)

REC 12

END 35

BODY 10

STUN 30

20 Running

4 Swimming

10 Leaping

Total Characteristics 133

Powers

9 +3 PER with all sense Groups

51 Telekinesis STR 15 Fine Manip. Reduced END (to Zero)

5 Extra Limbs for TK power (10)

10 Unicorn Magic (Horn Produces Light)

Sight Group Images, Area of Effect 32M Radius +1, Only to create light -1

19 Unicorn Horn HtH Killing Attack, Armor Piercing +1/4, 1D6 +1 w/STR

20 Create Campfire Minor Transform 4D6 (creates small campfire that

Needs no fuel) Disappears in 4 hours, dismissible by caster, or doused

like any ordinary fire.

60 Pony Scout Magic: Multipower 60 point reserve

6) Bad Monster, Go Away. 12D6 Mind Control

(only to make monsters go away)

6) Sweet Campsite. Major Transform 4D6. 8M area Effect +1/2

Makes Soft grass bed for sleeping. Broadleaf Rainproof Roof. Thorn

Bushes form Protective Hedge around Perimeter. No insects, snakes

or mice. Dispelled by time, natural forces, or by another application

the power.

6) Nature’s Bounty 4D6 Major Transform (something from nothing)

Local plants produce a variety of fruits, vegetable and candy/ All are low enough where even the littlest Pony Scouts can reach them. 8M area effect

6) Find the Lost. Mind scan 12D6 (all Ponykind class of minds)

6) Makeover Minor Transform 12D6

Cleanse/Beatify/Perfume/and other Girly stuff (Time dispels)

Total powers: 204

Skills, Perks n’ stuff

3 Bump of Direction

6 +2/+2D6 Striking Appearance

12 Combat Luck (6Pd/6ED)

1 Pony Scout Leader: positive reputation to small/medium sized group

11-, +1/1D6

3 Charm 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Concealment 12-

3) Conversation 12-

2) KS: Forest around Ponyville 11-

2) KS: Herbology 11-

2 KS: Everfree Forest 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Tracking 12-

3 Survival Equestria Wildlands 12-

3 Survival Everfree Forest 12-

Total Skills: 30

Complications

15 Social Complication Subject to Orders

5 Physical Comp (infrequently, barely)

5 Watched by Royal Court Security

10 enraged when colts are threatened 11-, 14-

15 Social Comp: Equestrian Scouts Code of Honor

Total Complications: 50

Also' date=' I'm not convinced Earth Ponies are any stronger or tougher than their Unicorn and Pegasus counterparts. Pinkie Pie demonstrates many powers (teleportation, stretching, precognition, super speed, building a gyrocopter out of candy) but better physical stats don’t seem to be among them. I think Earth Ponies are the standard.[/quote']

Yeah, but Pinkie Pie is a Reality Warper. I really don't think that anything she is shown doing should be seen as "normal" for anypony in Equestria.

'Let's have a party, Jean-Luc!" :)

It's kind of hard to think of a game-world reason for what Pinkie Pie does so often, from randomly doing exactly what the group needs to proceed with their quests (she has a habit of finding vital information even Twilight can't locate -- in her own library -- seemingly by accident) to suddenly just being where she wants to be to playing havoc with the "fourth wall" that none of the other ponies notice.

As it is, my writeup of Pinkie is stymied somewhat by her sheer randomness. Most of what she does is so chaotic and random that it looks like a nebulously-defined VPP that only works to do kooky, cartoony things.

Pinkie Pie can easily eat up a lot of points. She would not look unusual with a cosmic power pool.

Add Luck. and clairvoyance (see into other dimensions, breaking that 4th wall).

Powers from her cosmic or varied power pool:

Change environment: Party.

Major transform: conjure sweet things to eat from other dimensions.

If Pinky wasn't so crazy, she would be scary. Maybe its the fear of thousands of little girls in another dimension know all about her, watch her, and find her adorable...maybe that is what broke Pinky's fragile sanity.

Or maybe she is a reincarnated mouse who was already insane, working to take over the world.

The other thing to remember about Pinkie is that she can ONLY do that crazy/kooky stuff when she's happy. If she gets depressed or emotionally stung hard enough, she goes back to being plain old Pinkamena the Rock Farmer, at which point she's a very, very different pony.

Thanks to you guys' date=' my wife is addicted now too. This is her character as dictated to me. There was [u']no[/u] attempt to make it fit a set group of points so here she is:

Whimsy Snowmane

Background/History: Whimsy Snowmanegrew up in Princess Celestia’s palace complex. But loved the outdoors so much she ran away 3 times when just a colt. As a young filly, her woodcraft and wood magic attracted the attention of Equestria security. They ended up recruiting her to patrol the borders of the Everfree Forest to ensure the monsters did not leave.

Whimsy could not refuse such a challenge and gladly joined the Equestrian Scouts. Their mission is largely secret, but she reports to Princess Celestia through the Mayor of Ponyville. The townsfolk think she is just the leader of the Pony Scouts.

Personality/Motivation: Whimsy loves little colts, and enjoys her ruse as a Pony Scout leader. But she can be deadly serious when it comes to her real job, protecting Equestria from monsters.

Whimsy loves to laugh and sing, but she also loves quiet solitude. The wind in the trees is like a call for her. She hopes to instill her love for a living, breathing world into a new generation.

Quote: “Yep. These are tracks of a manticore. “

Powers/Tactics: Whimsy can create light with her horn, make a campfire, or create the perfect campsite. She can make fruit and vegetables grow from any plant…and even candy (to the delight of Pony Scouts). Whimsy can stare a monster down and send it running the other way. She can also find a little lost colt before the weather turns bad. All in all, she’s a pretty useful filly to have on your side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39099[/ATTACH]

Campaign Use: Whimsy maintains a number of campsites for the Equestrian Scouts on the perimeter of the Everfree Forest. She’s been pretty deep inside the forest too. She can serve the party as a Guide, or will alert the Scouts that a group of ponies has entered the forest.

Appearance: Whimsy is a pretty little filly. Her mane and tail are as white as snow. Her coat is Roan red. Her colors are those of a Clydesdale, but she’s a slim, petite pony. Her Cutie Mark is an oak leaf and three red berries.

I have to say, Whimsy sounds like she'd make a great character in the show proper. Kudos to you and your wife.

• 5 weeks later...

Whoa! this like totally disappeared! There is no page two on this forum!

This is apparently what happens when a topic goes an entire calendar month (or 30 days, I'm not sure which) without activity. The posts still exist, but they don't show on the listing.

Hmmm. Now I've seen all 26 episodes. Unicorn magic. Its like buying powers for champions. No limitations at all. No gestures or incantations. Just the will to set if off.

My first inclination would be so say it's EGO based...but Twilight makes a good case for an INT based Power skill.

That may be the case for Twilight, but it's established that she's a special unicorn who has developed her powers to an astounding level through intense study and willpower. She would have high levels in Telekinesis with extra range and fine control (to reflect some of the from-a-distance manipulations she does on a large scale) and a medium-sized VPP for some of the other tricks she pulls (like Images to give guys temporary mustaches).

Most unicorns have not studied as intensely as Twilight does. Rarity doesn't rely on her powers to get by. She makes up for it with social skills and inventiveness -- and you don't get to be a designer at her level without discipline and resolve. Trixie has a little magic, but it's all flash and show designed to bluff potential rivals into feeding her ego. (She'd be better off if she were to concentrate on entertainment magic, but her ego is too big for her to realize this.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen that map before, and it uses some fanfic references folks might not know (like Gildedale from "It's A Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door"; basically a Pony Rohan, complete with armored cavalry)... but all in all it's one great map!

I have read some professionally done books and game supplements that I wish could have sported such work.

That may be the case for Twilight, but it's established that she's a special unicorn who has developed her powers to an astounding level through intense study and willpower. She would have high levels in Telekinesis with extra range and fine control (to reflect some of the from-a-distance manipulations she does on a large scale) and a medium-sized VPP for some of the other tricks she pulls (like Images to give guys temporary mustaches).

Most unicorns have not studied as intensely as Twilight does.

Most unicorns don't have Twilight's talent. Canonically, Twilight and Trixie are unusual because they are unicorns whose talent is magic itself. Rarity's talent is "Making things beautiful" so she can only cast spells to prettify things and find pretty things. Trixie's talent being "magic" is probably what gave her the swelled head until she ran into Twilight who has the same talent but is far more powerful and better educated.

Oh, and it's not that surprising that Pinkie can find books that Twilight can't. Everybody can find books that Twilight can't. It's a strange disability on Twilight's part and it's why she needs Spike and the owl. She can never find the book she's looking for at least when she's agitated.