What do I need to play Champions?

oldstar

Hi. I'm coming back to Champions after a long time out and wondering what I need to get back in to the game. I've browsed the site and seen the stuff on the 6th edition. Looks to be quite the change from the 3rd edition books that I have. There are a lot of books and that's confusing me. Can someone give me a list of the books that I should get to play (and GM) a game of Champions?

Re: What do I need to play Champions?

Hi. I'm coming back to Champions after a long time out and wondering what I need to get back in to the game. I've browsed the site and seen the stuff on the 6th edition. Looks to be quite the change from the 3rd edition books that I have. There are a lot of books and that's confusing me. Can someone give me a list of the books that I should get to play (and GM) a game of Champions?

The absolute minimum is the Basic Rules. I would recommend the Core Rules (volumes 1 and 2) and Champions (no longer a standalone RPG, but the superhero genre book for the Hero System), except the physical copies are out of stock. If you can deal with a PDF, they are well worth the download.

The absolute minimum is the Basic Rules. I would recommend the Core Rules (volumes 1 and 2) and Champions (no longer a standalone RPG' date=' but the superhero genre book for the Hero System), except the physical copies are out of stock. If you can deal with a PDF, they are well worth the download.[/quote']

That would be

Hero System 6th Edition: Character Creation

Hero System 6th Edition: Combat and Adventuring

And which Champions title? I see more than a dozen in the online shop.

*** Oops, I see it now.

Champions: The Super Roleplaying Game

Those are the three?

Ironically, you don't actually need Champions (the book) to play Champions (defined as playing comic book superheroics with the Hero System.) All you need is in those two core books.

But I think almost everyone would say it's very desireable to have the Champions book to make things easier, make the game even more fun, etc.

Lucius Alexander

You don't need a palindromedary