The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

That almost sounds like sex-based Unluck.

I think I've actually seen that written up somewhere. Not sure if its Hero or some other game system but I thought it was a clever way to rationalize a horror trope.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Strange Ideal #37: Martial Arts "Eros Fencing" (using the penus as a weapion, but not in the way feminist warn about). I don't have a write up on this, but I'll just toss it into the air and see if anyone grabs it. Anyone know if Hojojustu got a decent martial arts write up? A grab based martial art with the chain/rope element.

Too late to do anything I suppose, but it strikes me that the name of the thread doesn't give a very clear idea of what it's about.

Lucius Alexander

Unlike the palindromedary, which should be self explanatory.

Regarding Babe Magnet/Stud Magnet, would these apply if the woman/guy only had a 2-point SA? What would happen if a Babe Magnet and Stud Magnet met who only had these SA levels and no 3-point levels? Would they attract each other?

Regarding 2-point levels of SA, if a woman had a babe body but her face was plain or had some odd feature (like an alien woman with no nose, just a pair of slits where the nose would go, or a mutant woman with Neanderthal-like brow ridges), would that be a 2-point SA?

1) Is a person who is not attracted to your gender necessarily affected in any way by a sexually-oriented Seduction attempt? A Player might easily decide that a given character is susceptible to that particular person' date=' or to fake it, but is the PC/NPC required to respond in any way?[/quote']

I would asume that character has so much PRE/SA that he/she overcomes the "wrong gender" penalty. Maybe even with casual PRE+SA?

2) Can EGO rolls be used to resist an otherwise successful Seduction? Never been clear on this. What about PRE?

The rules specifically say that you can resist any interaction Skill with EGO in Skill vs. Skill Contest. PRE is only used against non-fear Presence Attacks (and with APG I can be used instead of EGO for Mental Effects).

3) How does one clearly simulate extra effort and preparation put into the Seduction attempt? I'm thinking clothing' date=' makeup, location, music and other ambient elements, perfume/cologne, and the like. What about complementary skills, such as Fashion Sense, Disguise, various Performing skills, and so on?[/quote']

6E1 59, The time Chart. At least for "I want to seduce X" actions. Or use complimentary skills to simulate "thinking it through" or "using the proper speech and clothing".

"Dressing up" in general is a bit more tricky. But I would go for equipment with extra SA too. Since Shape shifting and Disguise/Mimicry touch the same area I would say that even the skill can give you some levels of SA when used properly (i.e. pading out your bra; disguise as some who is prettier).

4) A fetish would normally be bought as a Complication' date=' I assume. But since it might provide some degree of defense from Seduction attempts that don't include that fetish (sorry, darling, but your shoes just don't do it for me), how would that affect the point cost and process in a game with a lot of Seduction going on?[/quote']

More in general: What would be the effect of being genderless? Either by birth (robot, neutrum), or accident (becomming a eunuch).

5) The whole concept of physical attractiveness is a very personal one. While there are statistical measures of 'what is attractive' that work over large groups' date=' each individual has his or her own triggers and preferences. How do these factors play into Seductions? Does the blonde face a penalty to her roll because my character prefers redheads?[/quote']

I disbelieve the existence of "my type is/I prefer type-x". That's only our atempt at categorizing and understanding the seemingly uncontrolled/uncontrollable area of affection.

6) How does one represent being jaded? The Seduction that works very effectively on the 17-year old virgin may fail to even mildly amuse the person with a few dozen more years under their belt. Even if the older character is no seducer him/herself' date=' they have still seen all of the approaches, all of the gimmicks, and lived through all of the aftermaths.[/quote']

I wouldn't make that a function of age. I am 27 and regulary have to do with people up to twice my age who behave like they are half of it (shortly after puperty kicks in). Some people just fail to develop.

Question: Can voice be a 'sence' stoped by Entangle? Or how should gags be writen up? Images VS Sound' date=' Only to Muffle?[/quote']

Yes, according to 6E2 10 and APG II 26 it can be regarded as a sense (inlcuding flashing it, entangling it).

I would build the gag as an entangle, similar to the handcuffs on 6E1 219.

6. Limitations: no range' date=' must grab/kiss/etc., requires a piece of hair/clothing/something belonging to target[/quote']

There is a "Skin contact required" Limitation on 6E1 154. It's -1 but that includes "no Range".

Strange Ideal #37: Martial Arts "Eros Fencing" (using the penus as a weapion, but not in the way feminist warn about). I don't have a write up on this, but I'll just toss it into the air and see if anyone grabs it.

Anyone know if Hojojustu got a decent martial arts write up? A grab based martial art with the chain/rope element.

You mean, "c**k-fighting"? I believe that was covered in a very special episode of Celebrity Deathmatch(Ron Jeremy v. Tommy Lee).

I suppose you could have a martial art using a chain/rope element, with grabs, takedowns, weapon binds and escapes. You could also have a Nerve Strike based on striking "pleasure points".

That said, if anyone chooses to write up Steriaca's idea, I'd simply request that they keep it non-explicit, and that any subsequent discussion be concise. I'd rather not have 200 posts of dick jokes. :P

Too late to do anything I suppose, but it strikes me that the name of the thread doesn't give a very clear idea of what it's about.

Lucius Alexander

Well, that's somewhat intentional. Maybe I can change the warning to "content concerns sexual topics in Hero".

Regarding Babe Magnet/Stud Magnet, would these apply if the woman/guy only had a 2-point SA? What would happen if a Babe Magnet and Stud Magnet met who only had these SA levels and no 3-point levels? Would they attract each other?

Regarding 2-point levels of SA, if a woman had a babe body but her face was plain or had some odd feature (like an alien woman with no nose, just a pair of slits where the nose would go, or a mutant woman with Neanderthal-like brow ridges), would that be a 2-point SA?

Well, as written, yes, it would likely apply--it's intended to represent people who seem to strongly attract highly attractive members of the opposite gender, so anything that would make someone highly attractive to at least some people would still likely qualify.

As to the second question, there is of course a pejorative term for that--"buttaface" or "butterface"(Everything is hot but the face). I suppose that might qualify for a 2 point SA, since they would attract more attention than someone with the same face but a less "banging" body. Probably a gender-neutral term, even though it's used most often wrt women.

Looking at the Social Combat Maneuvers, I'm wondering if there could be additional maneuvers created that are more sexual or romantic in nature.

Regarding the PS: Perform Sexual Techniques, I wonder if a form of positive reputation like "Kama Sutra Master" would make sense in some campaigns. That seems more classy than "Fantastic in bed" or more lewd descriptions.

I suppose there could be negative reputations like "Playboy" or "Easy" as well.

Lucius Alexander

Think of it as a plain brown wrapper. ;)

JG

Looking at the Social Combat Maneuvers, I'm wondering if there could be additional maneuvers created that are more sexual or romantic in nature.

Regarding the PS: Perform Sexual Techniques, I wonder if a form of positive reputation like "Kama Sutra Master" would make sense in some campaigns. That seems more classy than "Fantastic in bed" or more lewd descriptions.

I suppose there could be negative reputations like "Playboy" or "Easy" as well.

In my never-completed trashy detective novel, Enter the Wolf, the main character had a rep as an E Ticket. I'm not sure how much of a bonus that's worth, but it was definitely helpful to him in the book.

In my never-completed trashy detective novel' date=' Enter the Wolf, the main character had a rep as an E Ticket. I'm not sure how much of a bonus that's worth, but it was definitely helpful to him in the book.

I wonder if "Megaplayboy" would be an example of an Extreme Negative Reputation to women? :)

In thinking about it, sexual reputations in general could have positive or negative versions. A girl with a reputation that she's an "E-Ticket Ride" might be positive towards men but negative towards other women. Likewise a "Don Juan" romancer could be positive to women and negative towards other men.

I wonder if "Megaplayboy" would be an example of an Extreme Negative Reputation to women? :)

In thinking about it, sexual reputations in general could have positive or negative versions. A girl with a reputation that she's an "E-Ticket Ride" might be positive towards men but negative towards other women. Likewise a "Don Juan" romancer could be positive to women and negative towards other men.

Well, yes, quite likely. A rep could be positive with one group and negative with another. Even "Virtuous and Chaste"(+ rep) could be accompanied by "Stuffy, Stuck-Up Prude"(- rep). A "Ladies' Man" rep could be offset by a "Homewrecker" rep.

A fantasy campaign that combined the romance/sexual conquest exploits of Don Juan and the flashing swordplay of Zorro or The Three Musketeers might make for an interesting campaign.

Likewise a "Don Juan" romancer could be positive to women and negative towards other men.

Or the other way around.

Lucius Alexander

You mean, "c**k-fighting"? I believe that was covered in a very special episode of Celebrity Deathmatch(Ron Jeremy v. Tommy Lee).

I suppose you could have a martial art using a chain/rope element, with grabs, takedowns, weapon binds and escapes. You could also have a Nerve Strike based on striking "pleasure points".

That said, if anyone chooses to write up Steriaca's idea, I'd simply request that they keep it non-explicit, and that any subsequent discussion be concise. I'd rather not have 200 posts of dick jokes. :P

The Hot Chicks Rpg actually has a fighting style revolving use of the penis as a striking surface. IIRC, it requires certain Advantages (similar to "Well Endowed". There's also a female variant thats "grappling" focused and somewhat more limited but effective...

Exalted has a number of sex based Martial Arts, some canon, some fan based. One that might work for the purposes of this thread/book is Laughing Wounds Style, a martial art based on exploiting the power of pain and dominance.

In my never-completed trashy detective novel' date=' Enter the Wolf, the main character had a rep as an E Ticket. I'm not sure how much of a bonus that's worth, but it was definitely helpful to him in the book.

Where any of the characters Furries?

That wold make it a VERY trashy detective novel though.

More seriously, if your proposed book some mention of kinks and fetishes might be appropriate, particularly how they might interact with Disads/Comps like Distinctive Features (possibly turning a negative into a limited positive) in some cases.

Crossposted from

Effects of "Heightened Libido"?

First we would have to determine what a Libido Level is. What does each level change up or down mean?

Well, I've been taking it up and down in two steps increments and observing.

So what happens if I turn on this power, and the power turns off all of us?

Change Environment (-2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Some of us old guys already have problems with that. Cut it out.

Interesting reaction. Now when I turn it up....

So what happens if I turn on this power, and the power turns on all of us?

Change Environment (+2 Libido Levels, Long-Lasting 6 Hours), Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (49 Active Points)

Lots of frustration and several female forum members never returning

Interesting and unexpected. Reportedly, males in the affected area become frustrated and irritable, and females find it so unpleasant as to leave the vicinity and form a long term aversion to the area?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary doesn't remember any females even being in the area to begin with

I think it's probably helpful to attempt at least a semi-accurate, semi-detailed breakdown of the "process" of attraction/flirtation/courting/foreplay/intercourse/afterplay/intimacy. It would probably help, because we could then think of abilities in terms of what effect they have on which stage of this process.

I think it's probably helpful to attempt at least a semi-accurate' date=' semi-detailed breakdown of the "process" of attraction/flirtation/courting/foreplay/intercourse/afterplay/intimacy. It would probably help, because we could then think of abilities in terms of what effect they have on which stage of this process.[/quote']

I forgot to write down the reference, but I did jot down the number - 112.

According to sociologists, from first eye contact to actually accomplishing coitus, there are, on average, 112 points at which a man risks rejection by a woman. Wish I still had the citation on that.

Lucius Alexander

Sometimes, I actually refrain from posting because I can't think of a good palindromedary tagline. This is not one of those times.

I forgot to write down the reference, but I did jot down the number - 112.

According to sociologists, from first eye contact to actually accomplishing coitus, there are, on average, 112 points at which a man risks rejection by a woman. Wish I still had the citation on that.

Lucius Alexander

Sometimes, I actually refrain from posting because I can't think of a good palindromedary tagline. This is not one of those times.

The adolescent Megaplayboy would ask, "Only 112?"

There's the Liam Neeson site for that.

The adolescent Megaplayboy would ask' date=' "Only 112?"[/quote']

That's potential rejections during the process with a single woman. If you counted all actual rejections before finally succeeding, I suspect it would be a similar number.

edit: Now I think on it perhaps a much higher number.

Lucius Alexander

Hanging signs on a palindromedary protesting working conditions to give it a striking appearance

I think it's probably helpful to attempt at least a semi-accurate' date=' semi-detailed breakdown of the "process" of attraction/flirtation/courting/foreplay/intercourse/afterplay/intimacy. It would probably help, because we could then think of abilities in terms of what effect they have on which stage of this process.[/quote']

While I wouldn't feel competent to detail out the process, I'm not entirely sure it's actually necessary. For gaming purposes, merely listing out the stages as megaplayboy did already gives a decent framework of the sexual intimacy process that can be used to categorize abilities and stimulate creativity.

While the Courting and Intimacy stages strike me as more purely role-playing ones, I can see a few Interaction skills that would come into play: Acting, Conversation and Persuasion.

Something else that is worth discussion in terms of how sex and romance works is how some mental powers can affect things. I don't mean from the standpoint of using Mind Control to seduce a target. What I'm speaking of is Telepathy and Mind Link.

Consider what sex and intimacy would be like for two beings joined on a mental level when they have physical coitus. In a superhero or science-fiction setting, some characters may only desire sexual partners with telepathic abilities.