6E 1 out of print?

thewomble

• 1 year later...

Re: 6E 1 out of print?

Well, that is all swell for you guys but even if Game HQ is doing orders worldwide (or just to Germany would be enough in my case - forget the rest!), shipping & handling is usually too expensive.

Is there any plan to do another print-run? I mean: We are speaking about the groundlaying rulebooks to the game, not Bestiary IX: Creatures of Obscure B-Movies Part II (Swamp-Fatty to Zebulon 9 Devouring Devil)!

Can't play the game without ... well - THE GAME!

According to Jason Walters, Champions Complete is now considered the core rulebook for future Hero System publications (unless the company eventually decides to also go ahead with a "Complete" book for fantasy, which is still up for debate and not imminent in any case). So no, neither 6E 1 nor 2 will be reprinted.

Steve's suggestion above of a "damaged" copy is a very good one. They're less expensive than cover price, and my own and many others' experiences have been that said damage is rarely more than normal shelf wear in a FLGS. I found at least one copy from a very reputable online retailer that I could direct you to if you wish; but it's pretty pricey, and I doubt its condition would be much if any better than the damaged ones.

I also ordered a damaged cover volume copy after I couldn't find a new one. I've been pleased with it. Gaming books tend to get kinda torn up anyway, so it wasn't going to look like anything I wasn't going to do to it myself.

I can understand the reasoning behind a condensed volume (those two books make for a weighty gaming package), but losing the comments and examples would seem a big con to me. Even if the examples are wordy, they help me understand the power with pratical implementations.

The former core 6E books will continue to be available from the Hero Games website online store in PDF form, in all their (electronically) weighty glory. ;) I realize that doesn't really satisfy folks who want a physical book, but given the new direction the company is trying, and their current financial restrictions, it's the best available option to try to please the most people.

Yea, for $50. Honestly, for PDFs, which I now only want as protection for my dead tree versions, this is more than a little steep. I also feel that 6E1 and 6E2 are the "grown up" versions of Hero, so once my new players understand the system, I am going to convince them all to buy them. Since they will all own Champions Complete, this will be redundant for them as well, but the examples and expanded explanations will be worth it. $50-worth it? I'm not sure :(