Destroy Your Geek Cred!!

I've not gone to a movie theater since 1999, and dont plan to likely anytime soon.

(partly due to no movie I wanted to see that much (enough to go at least, the LOTR movies did tempt me admittedly), but also partly due to having the people who want to talk non-stop during the movie sit near me the last several times I went.  Also, while not a full-blown clean freak, the fact that I could probably still find the uncleaned soft drink stain I made while watching the animated Transformers movie as a kid, at my local theater does disturb me enough to not want to go, unless it was really worth my while)

Are you intending to at some point or do they hold little interest for you ?

I'll get Wonder Woman and Spiderman Homecoming on DVD, and will watch Guardians on Cable.

The only reason I have Thor is because I found it for $3 at 7-11.

I find Joss Whedon's work for the most part forgettable.

I believe he will be remembered as the Irwin Allen of the 21st Century.

You have a point (I found Buffy etc. unwatchable), though in Allen's defense, I can say as someone who was there at the time that Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was just frickin' AWESOME (using the phrase anachronistically) for TV in 1964.

I find Joss Whedon's work for the most part forgettable.

I believe he will be remembered as the Irwin Allen of the 21st Century.

That is more than a little unfair.

Whedon only had one failed TV series. Allen's all failed to get to five years most ending after 1-3 years. And the quality of the scripts drops sharply after the first series in those that continued for more than a year.

Allen also did The Lost World and should have used someone like Harryhousen. Instead he used real lizards with plastic bits and then made them look big which was awful. Also Whedon has never done anything as bad as The Swarm.

Allen has a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Golden Raspberry people. Whedon has never been nominated for the categories of picture, director or screenplay..

You have a point (I found Buffy etc. unwatchable), though in Allen's defense, I can say as someone who was there at the time that Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was just frickin' AWESOME (using the phrase anachronistically) for TV in 1964.

I loved the first season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

There was only one Matrix movie, and it was awesome.

Re complaining about movie theaters: I must live a charmed life, or maybe it's just another way that Denver is awesome, but I've almost never had those sorts of problems. Aside from the cheapo 2nd-run theaters, most of the theaters here are relatively clean and they take their No Talking Or Texting rules pretty seriously. I think I can remember having to shush someone once in the last decade. And we have theaters that sell BEER!

If you liked "the matrix" you should see "dark city". It was released before the matrix and generally better. The role of Mr. Hand was played by Richard o'Brien and was written for him.

That is more than a little unfair.

Whedon only had one failed TV series. Allen's all failed to get to five years most ending after 1-3 years. And the quality of the scripts drops sharply after the first series in those that continued for more than a year.

Allen also did The Lost World and should have used someone like Harryhousen. Instead he used real lizards with plastic bits and then made them look big which was awful. Also Whedon has never done anything as bad as The Swarm.

Allen has a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Golden Raspberry people. Whedon has never been nominated for the categories of picture, director or screenplay..

The bulk of Whedon's work is Forgettable. 

Quick, what is your favorite  Buffy episode?

Hush is a stand out.

But with the amount of things I have watched Classic Dr Who, X-Files, Xena, Thunderbirds, Buffy, Angel, Adam West's Batman, the rework of Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, NCIS, The Man From Uncle, The Addams Family, The Munsters and well over 2,000 movies the question is a little unfair. I would have to look up the title.

But I can describe them. Eliza Dushku as Faith. Spike and Drusilla and their whole arc. The Judge being brought into being and destroyed by a bazooka. The musical episode. Willow turning to the dark side and Xander brings her back. An episode called the Zeppo where Xander meets four zombies which is the main story while the rest of the cast battle to save the world. The Graduation when the Mayor ascends. Anya granting Cordelia's wish. The Body wherein Buffy's mother dies and the cast react to it. Dracula vs Buffy. Buffy sacrificing her life to save the world from Glory.

Hush is really creepy. Floating, smiling polite monsters who rob people of their voices so they cannot scream. 30 minutes of the show has no dialogue.