[New Product] Champions Complete

Jason S.Walters

Re: [New Product] Champions Complete

I dug the C:NM version of the setting and felt it was a neat progression from 4th ed material, I really didn't mind Fuzion either, but would've liked to have seen the rules completed. Like Tasha, I ran C:NM during the Fuzion age and into 5th ed as my base world (which was also my 4th ed campaign as well), and, if I were still using the CU, I'd probably still use it :) I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked a lot of the redesigns as well ;)

Really? I hope this is not a prolific problem.

It is likely the peeling lamination afflicts an entire print run to a greater or lesser extent. How can I say that? I've bound books like this since 1995 and I've run a laminator for 9 years of that. I've never personally encountered this where it was a spotty phenomenon. It's always affected the entire run. As an aside, this is a growing problem, or at least it is among the binderies around here*. Having said that, it's not the end of the world. The book will still hold together as it should, keeping those great rules in a single bundle of well-thumbed through pages. It's not like the book was going to stay in pristine condition anyways, right? I am sad that the lamination is peeling from my copy, but it hasn't stopped me from reading the rules or enjoying them.

* The reasons for this are many and varied, but ultimately it boils down to the world-wide contraction in the industry. It is caught between the struggling global economies and the rise of the e-book and print-on-demand digital print. Long story short, the book as we know it is fading. The new book, the e-book, the print-on-demand digital book is rising. No secret there, but what this also means is that the major vendors who supply the print shops and binderies are also struggling. Many have either completely gone out of business or have shut down some of their facilities. In the face of this, their products have changed as they're making them as cheaply as they can. Hence the problem with peeling lamination. The cheaper heat-activated glue that binds the more expensive lamination to the cheaper (but also more expensive) ink on the cheaper, but more expensive paper isn't doing as good a job as it used to do.

Pretty much what I figured: forces well outside the control of Hero Games. Thanks for that 30 rundown of the printing industry' date=' Sammael[/quote']

Any time.

As an aside, Champions Complete, in my opinion, is way too good a book to let something like peeling lamination deter anyone from picking it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered the bundle yesterday (put $50 on my debit card, cost me $47, $40 for the book, $7 total for S&H, and the debit card company took $2 for there fees. But it's worth it.)

Have to wait for it to ship to me (planing on buying a E-Book Reader with my taxes, so it makes sence doing the bundle, even thoe I can't enjoy it now).

Its just a pdf so you know you can read it on any computer system right? even a laptop/tablet/etc?

Will it show up on my Nintendo DSi? Will it show up on the Nintendo 3DS I also plan on getting? Does any of thoes two systems suport the pdf format?

Ya, that's what I thought...no.

Will it show up on my Nintendo DSi? Will it show up on the Nintendo 3DS I also plan on getting? Does any of thoes two systems suport the pdf format?

What about the computer you're using now? I think that's what Psyber was referring to.

***sigh***

Steriaca, have you ever considered putting "I access the Internet through a Nintendo DS. I do not own a computer" in a signature line (or maybe your title)?

There are apparently programs available to make PDFs into images + HTML for the 3DS. It does require a computer to do the conversions from the brief information I found in a search, and apparently makes use of Dropbox to hold the resulting document. I haven't tried these methods, and don't own any portable from Nintendo higher than a DSlite.

JoeG

Hay, I am sorry I got the thread down. I ment my statment that I bought ChampCom to be a happy statment (I bought it, Hero Games/DOJ has my money, thay can use my money, thay can survive as a company, all is right in the world). Instead, it somehow became a 'woe-is-me-cause-I-can't-aford-a-computer' statment. And, exactly why should anyone beyond myself care? I'm not doing anything of world shatering importance.

Now, enougth of the pity. Lets party.