[New Product] Champions Complete

Jason S.Walters

I'll add my thumbs up for an excellent bit of work!

Only real gripe is the character sheet. Seriously, this is Champions not generic HERO. Where's the character portrait blank? I realise there wasn't room to include pre-drawn heroes, but previous versions of the sheet managed to get everything onto ONE page AND still found room for a big rectangle to show the costume.

And powers on the back of the sheet? Really?

• 3 months later...

I'm getting back into Hero with my kids (14 and 16) after 25 years or so. They love the game's build-anything approach  :-)

I'd love to get Champions Complete so we can use 6th Edition/Hero Designer etc. but I can't find the book for love nor money here in the UK (I much prefer a book to a PDF). Best I seem to be able to do is to import a copy from Amazon US with about a 2 week delivery time, which I might well have to end up doing.

A lot of the other 6th edition books are available in print from rpgnow/drivethrurpg (including other Champions books) but not Champions Complete for some reason (that's a strange one).

So, anyone know where I can get a physical copy in the UK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/158366145X/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1508519657&sr=8-1 shows two: one from the US (that's probably the one you mentioned) for GBP 30.65 with 5.23 UK delivery, and one from the UK for GBP 57.98 with 2.80 UK delivery. I've been poking around Google for British game stores but the ones I'm finding don't seem to carry Champions Complete. 

I saw the 6th edition Basic Rulebook, at which one I can't remember; I don't know if having that on paper and any of the corebooks in PDF would work for you.  

There might also be print on demand solutions.  Drivethrurpg seems to have a UK print on demand source, and while you can't get Champions Complete through POD you can get the 6e1, 6e2, and Champions: the Super RPG genrebook in that format.  That might be more money than you were looking to spend, though; $105 total for the three books in paper and PDF combined. 

Still looking, will post again when I have more info.

Chris, yeah, I found the same ones:

• the eBay one is "reconditioned", i.e. not new
  • The Amazon ones are either: US imports (which is fine, but delivery is slow), or sold in the UK but at $80 for a $40 book (and I'm not paying that much extra)

And I think I'd really rather get Champions Complete than 6e1 + 6e2 - last edition I played was 4th which was much smaller and we played it for years without feeling the need for 100's of pages of extra detail. I know how to play Hero - I just want the up-to-date rules and power lists so I can reference them alongside Hero Designer. And I think putting 700/800+ pages of rulebooks in front of my kids will just terrify them  :-)

It's a shame that the Complete books (Champions Complete and Fantasy Hero Complete) seem to be amongst the only core Hero books that aren't available as print on demand as that would be a great solution.

I actually just realised this morning that I could get the PDF from herogames.com for $20 then get it printed and bound in the UK (at lulu or doxdirect) for about $40 total. So basically, do-it-yourself print-on-demand. Think I'll look into what's involved in that.