New Forum?

Re: New Forum?

You can find the formal announcement of the MHI RPG in all the other forums, with an open thread in HERO System Discussion.

We created this new forum so that MHI fans who aren't familiar with the Hero boards would have a place to go for news, information, and discussion without having to search through a bunch of other threads. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: New Forum?

This is sort of the second golden age of this genre. Buffy a few years ago, and more recently the dresden files, harry potter, etc. have really caused a LOT of urban fantasy fiction to hit the shelves. The crossover romance/urban fantasy is really selling a lot to young adult women. Of course that isn't a demographic that buys many RPGs but this genre is blowing up now. A bunch of TV shows too, from True Blood, Warehouse 13, Torchwood, Fringe, Being Human, Haven, Sanctuary, etc.

I remember the first time this genre got big following the X-files. TSR (I think?) put out a campaign setting for Alternity, their sci-fi RPG that was basically an X-files rip off, a monster hunter, urban fantasy investigation game.

That was a convoluted way of saying I'm excited to see this project on its way!