Stretching, Maneuvers, and Time

Zane_Marlowe

Question

Some questions inspired by an ill-titled prior question about stretching.

Can Sweep maneuvers and similar multiple-target melee attacks be used within the whole area reachable by a stretching character?

6e1 284 describes the length of stretching as the distance stretchable "at any one time." Is stretching a zero phase action (as other kinds of power activation are) or does it take more time than that because distance has to be traversed? The grabbing example on 286 suggests the latter possibly because stretching distance is limited by the time allowed for the maneuver, but this isn't spelled out in the text for the power, so default activation would seem to be the rule.

Thanks again!

2 answers to this question

Re: Stretching, Maneuvers, and Time

1. I’m sorry, but Sweep is a 5E Combat Maneuver, and I no longer answer questions about pre-6E rules.

If you’re asking in regard to Multiple Attack, as discussed on 6E1 285, Stretching increases a character’s Reach for purposes of making HTH Combat attacks. So that would allow him to make a Multiple Attack in HTH Combat against foes who are within his Reach as defined by the amount of Stretching he’s using.

2. Activating Stretching is typically a Zero Phase Action, as with activating most other Powers. However that’s still subject to the rules on 6E1 286; and any attacks made using Stretching still take their usual required time, of course. Beyond that I think any questions can safely be left up to the GM to handle with common and dramatic sense. ;)

Re: Stretching, Maneuvers, and Time

1. I’m sorry, but Sweep is a 5E Combat Maneuver, and I no longer answer questions about pre-6E rules.

If you’re asking in regard to Multiple Attack, as discussed on 6E1 285, Stretching increases a character’s Reach for purposes of making HTH Combat attacks. So that would allow him to make a Multiple Attack in HTH Combat against foes who are within his Reach as defined by the amount of Stretching he’s using.

2. Activating Stretching is typically a Zero Phase Action, as with activating most other Powers. However that’s still subject to the rules on 6E1 286; and any attacks made using Stretching still take their usual required time, of course. Beyond that I think any questions can safely be left up to the GM to handle with common and dramatic sense. ;)