Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaze9999

Mythic Hero revival? I hear things...

AndyS -- I have a number of references on African mythology, but I haven't tackled that general chapter yet. My plan is that any tribe or group that can support its own chapter (like the Yoruba) will get one, while the remainder will be covered in the general African Mythologies chapter (much in the same way the American Indian tribes are all covered in one chapter).

I hope to own it someday!
Ditto!!! I couldn't jump in on the original Kickstarter... kid on the way, wife said no. Now, 'nother one on the way but due in September. So start the the new KS in October and we're good!!!

Ditto!!! I couldn't jump in on the original Kickstarter... kid on the way, wife said no. Now, 'nother one on the way but due in September. So start the the new KS in October and we're good!!!

Awww, c'mon now Silverbullet, don't you want your kids to grow up with an extensive knowledge of mythology? Do it for the children! :)

I figure that probably goes against you vision...BUT....I think making the work available for other systems may be key...even as stretch goals. If you don't have the time/desire to do it, set those goals such that you can pay for somebody else to do it. At least that is my 2 cents.

Ditto!!! I couldn't jump in on the original Kickstarter... kid on the way' date=' wife said no. Now, 'nother one on the way but due in September. So start the the new KS in October and we're good!!![/quote']

Awww, c'mon now Silverbullet, don't you want your kids to grow up with an extensive knowledge of mythology? Do it for the children! :)

Of course I do!!! SO, like I said-- KS is October and I in!!!! No, really!!!

Latest update: the Japanese mythology chapter is done! Came in just short of 20,000 words.

As long as I'm in the Japanese islands I think I'll stay and write the Ainu mythology chapter. After that, it's on to something different. ;)

How about adding a chapter about designing and building your own deities with full character stats so they can be directly used in game, not just as Deus Ex Machina.

Or at least guidance to build their avatars :tsk:  

Me thinks the gods themselves would be a bit powerful.... :whistle:

Or at least guidance to build their avatars :tsk:  

Me thinks the gods themselves would be a bit powerful.... :whistle:

That would depend on the setting. Achilles (IIRC) chased Aphrodite away from Troy. In the Marvel-verse, going toe-to-toe with a god is a perfectly reasonable proposition for top-tier heroes.

That would depend on the setting. Achilles (IIRC) chased Aphrodite away from Troy. In the Marvel-verse, going toe-to-toe with a god is a perfectly reasonable proposition for top-tier heroes.

My point exactly. DC comics as well (Wonder Woman has done just that). There is also Darkside.

You could almost turn them into a character type. The next book in the ultimate series: the ultimate god!  :yes:

I think that Mythic Hero was supposed to be more for Heroic Games where GM's were world building or using parts of the Real world.

I would probably be more likely to invest in such a book today, but I still wonder at the need for another book that looks at real world gods and goddesses.

I think that Mythic Hero was supposed to be more for Heroic Games where GM's were world building or using parts of the Real world.

I would probably be more likely to invest in such a book today, but I still wonder at the need for another book that looks at real world gods and goddesses.

Could you point me to the other Hero System books that stat up any gods?

A thought I had a few days ago, and was inspired to bring up by the launch of TLG's Mythos Kickstarter:

How does the recent rise and expansion of DriveThruRPG's PoD service change the calculations? A lot of RPG kickstarters are making use of it to handle fulfillment, in order to reduce shipping expenses and other outlays.

(I also wondered if it might allow for the publication of both the single master volume and smaller selections for gamers on a budget, but that would seem to require the extra layout, planning work, etc. that makes it prohibitive.)