Beginning versions of the Justice League for 6e on 400 points

Hyper-Man

Since my original 350 JLA thread  had been corrupted (edit: this is no longer the case) I've decided to create a brand new thread.

Here are the characters that I've done so far:

Princess Diana
Bruce Wayne
Clark Kent
Billy Batson
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan
and his Power Ring

Maybe this thread will inspire me to finish the rest of the team. :D

I'll post the hdc files later.

Comments welcome.
HM

EDIT

*Now many of these HDC files are available via the New Downloads section of the website! (No current HeroDesigner contract required)

**Corrected links in this post

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you do the beautiful character sheets?

I found the export recently in the Hero Designer Vault. I don't know who uploaded it but it's one of the nicest ones I've seen.

Here's the text from the Vault entry:

The Ultimate 6ed Character Sheet

Uploaded: Friday, April 5, 2013

HERO System Sixth Edition

Type: Single Character

File Extensions: HTML, HTM

This format has the "look and feel" of the Default character sheet, but has the following differences:

*Collates all combat information including Martial Maneuvers in a special page block.

*Powers, Equipment, Talents, Martial Arts, Skills, Perks, and Complications are in a wider single column format.

*Moves picture to right of stats, with Appearance on same page.

*Particularly favors players with lots of Powers, Martial Arts, descriptive Skills, Perks or Talents.

*Split into 4 pages for cleaner printing.

*Added math functions to determine proper NC movement for leaping.

*Added new combat maneuvers and edited changes from 6ed.

*Added -Attacks- derived from power information to combat page.

*Added OMCV and DMCV information and updated characteristics.

*Many changes made to improve legibility and layout.

*The recommended picture size: 288px wide. The image should be anywhere from 352px to 442px tall.

The file " herologo.png " needs to be included in same directory as the export file.

If the character has an image associated with it and you want to have that image included in the HTML output, you will need to save that image into the same directory as the HTML file when you export (the export wizard will prompt you to save the image). The recommended picture size: 288px wide. The image should be anywhere from 352px to 442px tall.

--Modified from the Default character sheet by desaturated May 2010, again in August 2011 with support for 6th Ed, again in January 2013 for finishing touches and bug fixes

Other Files:herologo.png

Downloads: 20

Here are links to the Hero Designer files for those who are interested:

Princess Diana

Bruce Wayne

Clark Kent

Billy Batson

Barry Allen

Hal Jordan

and his Power Ring

Rita Farr

I cannot figure out how to actually attach them to a post in the new forum software. If anyone can tell me how to do that directly I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm considering adding the following VPP slot to Clark Kent :

0 27) Super Solar Battery: Aid END 10d6 (standard effect: 30 points) (60 Active Points); Only to Aid Self (-1), Conditional Power Only in Direct Sunlight (-0) Real Cost: 27

Notes: Since END costs 1 Real point per 5 END & the power costs 6 END to activate, this will give an imediate boost of +144 END (150 - 6) that begins to fade at -25 END per Turn. This boosted END is used first and must be completely gone before it can be Aided again. This would allow the combined use of "Up, Up and Away!" (Flight 60m @6 END/Phase) & "More powerfull than a locamotive v2" (120 STR Total @16 END/Phase) for a combined 'Lifting STR of 135 for ~ 30 seconds before he begins to burn STUN in place of END and knocks himself out with the effort. Accoring to APG1, 140 STR is enough to lift 6.4 mtons or The Great Pyramid of Giza (est.). END 6

The biggest issue I have so far is that I can't think of a good justification for an equivalent build for any of the other similar characters (Captain Marvel, Flash & Wonder Woman).

Any Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
What about Power Girl ? To me, she's my favorites character, but is she different in her build (Stats, powers..) from SUperman, or mostly the same ?

Opale

A lot depends on when and how you want to introduce her. Is she just Supergirl by a different name or is she from a different Earth in the Multi-verse? (if so some things could be tweaked if you wanted). This version of Clark is intended to be his first modern appearance as Superman. Introducing Supergirl and/or Power Girl at the same time would diminish his impact on the setting in my opinion. I would probably lessen either one's powers just a bit to make room for more skills since by most origins they actually grew up in a Kryptonian community before travelling to Earth. As a result, they haven't grew up under Earth's yellow sun and their powers might not be quite to the same level as Clark's.

How many board members remember playing Starfleet Battles? How about the X Ship suppliments?

I only got to play the system 2-3 times but I was always fascinated by the possibility of playing a X-Ship version of the Constitution Class (The Motion Picture version of the Enterprise) vs. equal point ships from the earlier books (like an Orion Cruiser or Dreadnaught Class of various races).

I only raise the question here because I see this version of Superman having somewhat of a similar feel in combat. He is certainly tough but not so much that he can ignore tactics like some traditional bricks can. Like an X Ship, his tactics and energy management is the key to controlling a combat situation.

I'm considering adding the following VPP slot to Clark Kent :

0 27) Super Solar Battery: Aid END 10d6 (standard effect: 30 points) (60 Active Points); Only to Aid Self (-1), Conditional Power Only in Direct Sunlight (-0) Real Cost: 27

Notes: Since END costs 1 Real point per 5 END & the power costs 6 END to activate, this will give an imediate boost of +144 END (150 - 6) that begins to fade at -25 END per Turn. This boosted END is used first and must be completely gone before it can be Aided again. This would allow the combined use of "Up, Up and Away!" (Flight 60m @6 END/Phase) & "More powerfull than a locamotive v2" (120 STR Total @16 END/Phase) for a combined 'Lifting STR of 135 for ~ 30 seconds before he begins to burn STUN in place of END and knocks himself out with the effort. Accoring to APG1, 140 STR is enough to lift 6.4 mtons or The Great Pyramid of Giza (est.). END 6

The biggest issue I have so far is that I can't think of a good justification for an equivalent build for any of the other similar characters (Captain Marvel, Flash & Wonder Woman).

Any Thoughts?

Thanks to Christougher this has been corrected on the character sheet to reflect END's status as a Defensive Power for purposes of Adjustments (positive or negative). So the build's cost remains but it only gives 69 END that fades at 12 END per Turn (30*5=150, 150/2=75, 75-6=69 total positive adjustment).

I've made some minor updates to Clark Kent which are reflected in the links above.

I just made a few more updates to Clark. I refined his various maximums in combat movement and peak & sustained lifting STR (before Pushing) as well as expanding his Solar Battery VPP slots.

Great thread! Love to see comic characters stated up. I would love to see other characters that you put together for the project. Atomic Think Tank has a number of folks who do it for MnM' date=' sadly it is a bit lacking for Hero.[/quote']

Glad you like them. I converted many more of the Justice League to HERO for 5e a while back.

You can see most of them here: LINK

and one straggler here: LINK

Follow the link at the top of the first page to see the original 350 point thread here on the forums. There are a few more characters that never got posted to Killer Shrike's page.

• 1 month later...
Micro Lad

I'm not ready to get into Legion builds quite yet. I never really got into the multiple reboot continuities so I don't know all the new characters and changes.

I'm assuming you are referring to a version of Colossal Boy. How different is he really going to be from Rita Farr (besides the Legion Flight Ring stuff)?

Did that version of Colosall Boy "grow" to normal size when he was knocked out?

:D