Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    0    12m/24m    END [1]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    0    4m    4m forward, 2m upward

SWINGING        30m/60m

Characteristics Total: 152

Cost    Powers
    Bat Suit, all slots OIF (-1/2)
8    1)  Suit: Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED) (Impermeable) (15 Active Points); Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4)
2    2)  Cape: +1 DCV (5 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
2    3)  Cowl: +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Limited Power To Scare Only (-1)

33    The Utility Belt: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 15 base + 30 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1), Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (60 Active Points); Limited Class of Powers (Gadgets) Operates As A Multipower Of ~ Dozen Different Slots (Specific Slots Can Be Replaced At Batcave; -1/2); all slots OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

[Notes: This is just a small sampling of what is typically carried.]
0    1) Batarangs: Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 12 - END=[6 rc]
0    2) Energy Knuckles: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4) Real Cost: 13 - END=0
0    3) Flash Pellets: Sight Group Flash 4d6, Area Of Effect (32m Radius Explosion; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4), 16 Charges (-0) Real Cost: 13 - END=[16]
0    4) Batlines: Swinging 30m (15 Active Points); 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 7 - END=[6 rc]
0    5) Bat Bolas: Entangle 2d6, 4 PD/4 ED (30 Active Points); 2 clips of 6 Recoverable Charges (-0) Real Cost: 15 - END=[6 rc]

Powers Total: 45

Cost    Martial Arts
    Bat Fu
4    1)  Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4    2)  Martial Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4    3)  Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 35 STR vs. Grabs
4    4)  Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike
3    5)  Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 4d6 +v/10, Target Falls
5    6)  Sacrifice Strike (Kick):  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 8d6 Strike

Batarang Fu
4    1)  Basic Shot:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +2, Strike, +2 DC
4    2)  Ranged Disarm:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Disarm, +3 DC to Disarm
4    3)  Trip:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +2, v/5, Target Falls

Martial Arts Total: 36

Cost    Skills
24    +2 Overall Skill Levels
5    +1 with a large group of attacks (Martial Art Maneuvers)
3    Acting 12- (13-)
3    Breakfall 13-
2    Bugging 10-
3    Climbing 13-
3    Combat Driving 13-
1    Combat Piloting 8-
3    Concealment 13-
5    Cramming
3    Criminology 13-
3    Deduction 13-
10    Defense Maneuver I-IV 

[Notes: No attacker is considered to be attacking “from behind”. Eliminates Multiple Attacker Bonuses to all attackers, even those which the character cannot perceive. (This does not allow him to perceive said attackers — it simply means that the way he moves in combat, no one can get a clear shot at his back, regardless of whether he knows they’re there. For example, he’d still suffer the reduced DCV that comes from being attacked by a foe he couldn’t perceive with a Targeting Sense, but that foe wouldn’t get a Multiple Attackers Bonus or bonus for attacking him “from behind.”) Acts as a “sense,” i.e., the character need not spend a Half Phase to use his Defense Maneuver (using it takes no time); any Combat Skill Levels that improve the character’s DCV are considered Persistent for this purpose.]
1    Demolitions 8-
1    Disguise 8-
2    Electronics 10-
1    High Society 8-
3    Interrogation 12- (13-)
3    Inventor 13-
2    KS: Superheroes & Villains 10-
3    Lockpicking 13-
1    Mechanics 8-
1    Navigation 8-
3    Paramedics 13-
10    Rapid Attack 

[Notes: He can make a Multiple Attack (6E2 73) as a Half Phase Action, instead of a Full Phase Action.]
3    Scientist
1    1)  Science Skill:  Criminology 10- (2 Active Points)
1    2)  Science Skill:  Psychology 10- (2 Active Points)
3    Security Systems 13-
3    Shadowing 13-
2    Sleight Of Hand 10-
3    Stealth 13-
3    Streetwise 12- (13-)
1    Systems Operation 8-
2    Tactics 10-

Skills Total: 121

Cost    Perks
15    Money:  Filthy Rich
6    Vehicles & Bases
6    Fringe Benefit:  Chairman of BoD of a major business
1    Positive Reputation:  It's BATMAN! (A medium-sized group) 11-, +1/+1d6

Perks Total: 28

Cost    Talents
6    Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
3    Lightning Reflexes (+3 DEX to act first with All Actions)
4    Speed Reading (x10)
3    +1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs. All characters)
2    +1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs. the opposite sex)

Talents Total: 18

Value    Complications
5    Dependent NPC:  Alfred Pennyworth Infrequently (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
5    Negative Reputation:  Vigilante, Infrequently
15    Psychological Complication:  Noblesse Oblige (Common; Strong)
20    Psychological Complication:  Protective Of Innocents (Very Common; Strong)
20    Psychological Complication:  Code Versus Killing (Common; Total)
10    Social Complication:  Secret ID: Bruce Wayne Infrequently, Major

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 400

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are links to the Hero Designer files for those who are interested:

Princess Diana

Bruce Wayne

Clark Kent

Billy Batson

Barry Allen

Hal Jordan

and his Power Ring

Rita Farr

I cannot figure out how to actually attach them to a post in the new forum software. If anyone can tell me how to do that directly I would greatly appreciate it.

Am I missing a joke or something?  The "Clark Kent" file is actually the file for Batman, the "Bruce Wayne" file is actually The Flash, and the "Barry Allen" one is for someone named "Captain Obvious"...

Am I missing a joke or something?  The "Clark Kent" file is actually the file for Batman, the "Bruce Wayne" file is actually The Flash, and the "Barry Allen" one is for someone named "Captain Obvious"...

The current HeroDesigner Vault appears to be corrupted.  See the new Downloads section on this website to see current versions of those files.

I love the export format. I also like how you've managed to distll the characters and keep them mostly playable. I will say I found the Clark Kent write up to be somewhat complicated. There are a lot of variables "nested" in his design. I could play him written as thus, but I'm not sure new players or game-masters would immediately recognize what he can do and how he can be used.

I'm digging them, but I have to ask, did you really just "Buy" the Power Ring VPP as "Equipment" and pay no points for it?

It's purchased as a Follower/Computer for 64 points.  it was the best way I could figure out to both make the Ring(s) 'universal' like a 'lightsaber' and also allow different users to have recognizable differences in their ability to effective use the Ring(s). The 75 point Naked buy off of the built in RSR to Change and Requires Ego Roll on the Ring's VPP reinforces this as well.  I figured it out straight once and 139 points is comparable if not exactly the same cost as buying the Ring as a more traditional focus.  This method is more complicated but more clearly defines what happens if a villain gets their hands on the Ring.

EDIT - it may be confusing on the export format because Real Costs are displayed on the RIGHT column and End Costs are on the LEFT column (the reverse of most traditional exports).

64 The Most Powerful Weapon In The Universe! (IIF Ring): Follower/Computer (see Equipment for Abilities) (80 Active Points); IIF (Green Power Ring; -1/4)

I love the export format. I also like how you've managed to distll the characters and keep them mostly playable. I will say I found the Clark Kent write up to be somewhat complicated. There are a lot of variables "nested" in his design. I could play him written as thus, but I'm not sure new players or game-masters would immediately recognize what he can do and how he can be used.

Yeah... I've added a lot of extra slot write ups to the VPP in my spare time.  Originally I modeled the character in Hero terms to answer the challenge that a recognizable version couldn't be built on 'starting points' following RAW.  The extraneous slots are really there to address specific things he's done in the animated series and the recent movies. I should post an updated version with the alternate export created by killershike that includes the Tactics and Combat Notes section from Hero Designer.  That's one of the few things lacking with this particular one.

here's that section (some of the referenced slot name-power build references from this will not match the most current build, they match THIS version instead).

TACTICS AND COMBAT NOTES His VPP allows for a wide range of combat options.

Some of the key 'default' slots are as follows:

"Up, Up and Away!": Gives 40m Flight with Position Shift.

"Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound": Gives 66m Leaping.

"...speeding...": Gives +4 (or 5) Overall Levels.

"More powerfull than a locamotive": Gives extra Strength at 0 END, Defenses and Knockback Resistance.

"It's...SUPERMAN!": Gives him extra Defenses that also allow him to carry heavy objects from otherwise fragile lifting points.

"The Man of Steel": Gives him even better extra Defenses and KB resistance.

"Heat Vision" & "Super Breath": Gives him various Ranged attack options.

"Super Punching": Gives him a variety of different punches that can be though of as Super Martial Arts.

Combine "...speeding..." (Overall Levels) with "Super Punching" (AOE Accurate) to make 3-4 successful hits with Multiple Attack.

Combine "Up Up..." or "Able to Leap..." with "...speeding..." to make a Move Through of up to 21d6 with a 5 OCV.

Combine "Up Up..." or "Able to Leap..." with "More Powerfull.." or any version of "Super Punching" to make a Half Move and Attack.

Combine a Move By or a Move Through with "Super Punching" with AOE Accurate for up to 24d6 with 0 OCV vs. 3 DCV (8- chance to hit with devastating damage).

Combine "More Powerfull.." and "Man of Steel" to go Toe-To-Toe with a traditional Brick using low END use 75 STR, very HIGH Defenses (31 PD/ED & 6d6 Damage Negation) and effectively 24m KB Resistance.

The biggest challenge will be deciding on what strategy to use in any fight.

He can focus on high movement, high OCV, high defense or Low END usage.

Good END managament is paramount!

He can easily burn 14 or more END per PHASE (without Pushing) if he keeps changing tactics since many of his abilities have base END cost or have some form of "Only Costs END to Activate" (which effectively penalizes multiple slot changes).

Possible directions for future XP towards combat abilities (Note that he is VERY skills lite at this point):

- 30 Real points spent on the Pool of the VPP would allow 1 additional slot to be used simultaneously (for a total of 3 vs. the current 2).

- 8 points could increase his Kryptonian Recovery to 20 Total.

- 12 points could buy +1 non-Power based Overall Level. CAMPAIGN USE Flying - Speedster - Energy Projecting - Brick

Strength - although varying depending on his energy levels, Clark is among the strongest superheroes on Earth, capable of lifting a 747.

Flight - able to defy gravity, possibly through sheer force of will.

Invulnerability - years of exposure to yellow solar energy have caused Clark's Kryptonian body to become almost indestructible. His natural bio-electric aura also has limited force field properties protecting items near his skin e.g. his costume. His cape is not protected by his aura.

Clark can survive in outer space as long as he has a breathing apparatus, and doesn't lose too much solar energy. Without an air supply, Superman can last between an hour and ninety minutes in space or underwater, after taking a deep breath. Using his powers of flight and super-speed Clark can travel inter-planetary distances by himself. Interstellar distances require assistance e.g. a spaceship, teleportation belt.

Super-speed - capable of superhuman speed, Clark can fly from Metropolis to have dinner with Lois Lane in Paris, France, or in a few minutes fly to the Moon.

Super-breath - Clark's invulnerability and strength exist internally too, affecting his skeleton and internal organs. After inhaling deeply he can expel the air in a gale-force wind. Superman is also able to chill his breath in order to freeze a target (this latter ability has also been called "freeze breath" and "arctic breath").

Super-hearing - Capable of blocking out and discerning a single known voice within a city.

Vision - Clark can detect electromagnetic energy in more than the normal visible spectrum:

X-Ray vision - lead appears opaque

IR vision

Microscopic

Telescopic

Heat Vision - additionally, Clark can release solar energy in the form of Heat Vision as a weapon.

It's purchased as a Follower/Computer for 64 points.  it was the best way I could figure out to both make the Ring(s) 'universal' like a 'lightsaber' and also allow different users to have recognizable differences in their ability to effective use the Ring(s). The 75 point Naked buy off of the built in RSR to Change and Requires Ego Roll on the Ring's VPP reinforces this as well.  I figured it out straight once and 139 points is comparable if not exactly the same cost as buying the Ring as a more traditional focus.  This method is more complicated but more clearly defines what happens if a villain gets their hands on the Ring.

EDIT - it may be confusing on the export format because Real Costs are displayed on the RIGHT column and End Costs are on the LEFT column (the reverse of most traditional exports).

64 The Most Powerful Weapon In The Universe! (IIF Ring): Follower/Computer (see Equipment for Abilities) (80 Active Points); IIF (Green Power Ring; -1/4)

Gotcha! I assumed wrongly that the follower only dealt with t he rings AI. Though 64 pts would be ridiculously expensive for that now that I think of it.

re: the export format

I didn't create it.   It was created by board member desaturated.  I just copied the export file to the new downloads section since the old vault is going away after Sunday. I will try to move some more stuff Sunday as well but it is a slow process with giving credit to the original creators with standard format plus including the original creation notes.

It just occurred to me that I have never clearly explained something that I always had in mind with these characters in relation to the DCAU

All of my conversions are essentially at the power level of their first appearance in any DCAU animated series.

This means is that, in game terms, Batman has likely earned the most XP since he's been doing this longer than any other active hero.  Superman is next in line.  Other characters like Etrigan,Flash, the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern and Doctor Fate made appearances in Batman's and Superman's solo series before the beginning of Justice League so it's arguable that they have a few more XP than some other core members like Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter.  John Stewart would fit in this latter group as well if I were going for a 100% faithful translation of the series.  

For the characters to be playable as built one major gameworld assumption would have to change from the series norm.  Batman and Superman may be the first heroes to go public but they have not been adventuring for very long before the other heroes arrive on the scene to form the Justice League.  That's the only way to keep the characters on the same 400 point starting line.

• 2 weeks later...

Magic using characters are so subjective.  I've only read a few Justice League Dark comics.  The only other comics I've read with him in it were the original 4 issue mini-series Books of Magic. I saw the movie but I don't know how well that translates to the comics.  I think his biggest strength over other similar characters like Zatanna is his knowledge of the seedier side of the magical underworld, the magical version of Streetwise for lack of a better term.  Other than that he's all back story.  I don't really know of any unique abilities that he has.

I'd like to see Batman Beyond, if you can. thanks!

Batman Beyond...

That's an interesting request.  I don't know if he should be a 400 point character even when he first began his career.  He's got access to the most modern utility belt/suit ever.  The JLUanimated crossoever timetravel episode showed the villains of that era as being somewhat (edit) more powerful than the old League members.  If that's the case then Batman Beyond should be built on a higher point total and picking what that should be sure seems like an arbitrary decision.  I really don't know where to start.

Batman Beyond...

That's an interesting request.  I don't know if he should be a 400 point character even when he first began his career.  He's got access to the most modern utility belt/suit ever.  The JLUanimated crossoever timetravel episode showed the villains of that era as being somewhat overmatched vs. the old League members.  If that's the case then Batman Beyond should be built on a higher point total and picking what that should be sure seems like an arbitrary decision.  I really don't know where to start.

This is the only information I can find for him... unfortunately its in marvel RPG rules.

http://52multiverse.angelfire.com/batman12.html

Batman Beyond...

That's an interesting request.  I don't know if he should be a 400 point character even when he first began his career.  He's got access to the most modern utility belt/suit ever.  The JLUanimated crossoever timetravel episode showed the villains of that era as being somewhat (edit) more powerful than the old League members.  If that's the case then Batman Beyond should be built on a higher point total and picking what that should be sure seems like an arbitrary decision.  I really don't know where to start.

While the suit may be the most powerful "utility belt" ever, Terry himself is no Bruce.  He has no where near the combat prowess (he's no slouch, but at the beginning he isn't black belt level in even a single martial art, he's basically a decent brawler when dealing with non-powered normals).  Also, while he's a bright kid, he is no "greatest detective in the world".  Bruce or Terry's friend Max do most of the detective and/or hacking work (other than actual infiltration).  While he is extremely versatile, he is nowhere near the power level of Superman or Green Lantern.  I think he would be doable in your 400 point project style.  

All three seasons are on Netflix if you are interested.

The Wikipedia page has detailed info on his Batsuit

I might give it a go.  It sure seems like a simplified version of Iron-Man's stealth armor in a lot of ways.

*I really want to finish the Fantastic Four when I get some creative energy. I've got Mr. F done and Invisible Girl pretty close. I plan on tackling Johnny next.

I might give it a go.  It sure seems like a simplified version of Iron-Man's stealth armor in a lot of ways.

*I really want to finish the Fantastic Four when I get some creative energy. I've got Mr. F done and Invisible Girl pretty close. I plan on tackling Johnny next.

thank you in advance.

Most of the old non-powered* JSA and All Star characters boil down to background research far more than any type of complicated build.  I think I'm better at the challenging power builds.  Michael Surbrook is much better at the research stuff than me. :D

* (The original Atom, Black Canary, Wildcat, Sandman, Dr. Midnight, etc...)

I did a swag of low powered 5e versions of the JSA a couple of years ago. 6e standard point versions would be easy. Just a matter of time and energy, both of which are obviously abundant. :(

Of course, the clever thing to do would be to convert over JLA characters with counterparts in the JSA first. That would give versions of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Hawkman and possibly Black Canary to serve as a baseline for other JSA characters.

The easiest JSA team would be their final Golden Age roster: WW, GL, Flash, Hawkman, BC, the Atom and Doctor Mid-Nite. It also has the advantage of two female characters, plus Hawkgirl if you want to include her.

Of course, the late version of the Atom was the one with superstrength. Not too difficult. Doctor Mid-Nite's nothing special either.

I might grab copies of some of Hyper-Man's characters, and have a stab at building the Atom and Doctor Mid-Nite based on them. That should maintain a similar power level and design style.

Hyper-Man can then ignore me completely and build his own versions. :D