Proper skill for improvised explosives?

PaulK

Yup, what Greywind said. ;) A character who wants to be a real expert in the explosives field could even take Background Skills like Knowledge Skill: Explosives, Professional Skill: Create Improvised Explosives, and so on -- but basically those are all intended as Complementary Skills for Demolitions, which is your primary go-to Skill for everything explosives-related.

That's actually borrowed from an old Shadowrun campaign I played in over 10 years ago. We "happened" across a crate of C4 and knew we were about to go after a dragon (thankfully not a great dragon). To stay a bit farther away from the BOOM, we stuck a lawn dart in the block and put a contact detonator on the end. Our heavy support decker (for some reason our computer geek decker always carried a rocket launcher) opened a hole in the dragon's side then we started chucking exploding lawn darts in the hole (missing with most of them, but hilarity still ensued).

Eventually, one of the team members got a hole in one and caused the dragon a great deal of heart-burn. Or rather, heart explosive attack. :) All in all, it was one of the best RPG game sessions I've played.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clyde Rawlins had his debut a couple of weeks ago.  There are some tweaks being done on the "crunch" for Clyde to shift points around so that the stats match what I have envisioned him being able to do, but overall, the mechanics are great.  So far I'm really liking the Hero System.  I've "meta-played" by creating characters under 5th edition, but this was the first actual game session played.