Any reviews available?

Theros

I have read that thread from rpg.net, but I am looking for some rpg.net style reviews. I know that book is well written, but I am more worried about content. I will buy 2 more books to Hero System and I am trying to decide the other one from these: Dark Champions, Star Hero or Monster Hunter International.

All are different, but those are the books that I am looking for currently. Dark Champions and MHI are closer to each other than Star Hero.

Dark Champions is a good suppliment but is still quite 'generic'. A more meaningful name might have been 'Modern HERO' as it is primarily designed for a world without true super powers (the HERO version of D20 Modern).  MHI has all the setting/background info for a modern world infested with supernatural stuff ready to go.  It just doesn't include any premade adventures.  MHI also includes the basic rules.  Dark Champions and Star Hero do not, they assume that you have a version of the core rules (Hero System 5e, Hero System 6e 1&2 or Champions Complete*).  *Champions Complete is the only one of the three currently in print.

Here is a simple analogy:

Dark Champions is equivalent to Fantasy Hero (and Star Hero, Champions etc...)

MHI is essentially a tweener subgenre book and is somewhat eqivalent to Urban Fantasy Hero.

The biggest difference is that MHI includes the basic rules and is built around a specific detailed setting.

I have plenty of books: Champions Complete, Champions Powers, The Ultimate Base, Equipment book for 6th edition,The Ultimate Vehicle, Fantasy Hero, Grimoire, Bestiary, Millenium City, Hero System 1&2, The Book of the Machine and Crooks...(don't remember whole name). I am very interested from MHI, but I just want to be sure that book cobtains really everything without need to buy more books to get setting running well enough.

I am after background information, world information, setting ideas and so on. I can make adventure to that setting by myself. It is like modern day cthulhu without insanity point of view and too serious horror theme.

I forgot to mention, as I have hero system rules already, I fear that I will pay from rules "2nd time", and I won't enough content from world for 60$+shipping costs.

If you actually plan on running a game within the setting, then the book itself would be a good selling point to potential players as it has a artisctic flair to its layout not often seen in most other HERO products.  But i can understand the financial reasons to not duplicate rules you already own.

Ah, well...again, if you read the novels and want to recreate the specific setting from them, MHI is a great buy even if you already have the Hero System core books (rules, equipment guide, bestiary, etc). I'd say it's over fifty percent setting specific content with all the flavor text and illustrations expanding on the setting of the novels and many characters fully statted out as NPC's, and you can save on the postage cost buying the PDF....

If you're looking for just an Urban Fantasy setting and intend to customize it heavily in any case, you might be better off building your own. That said, I am not aware of any other Urban Fantasy world setting commercially available and already statted out for Hero System.

Also, here's a more generic, free setting provided by a member of this forum that you might be able to use: http://www.killershrike.com/HereThereBeMonsters/HereThereBeMonsters.aspx