Differences between Book Character Sheets and HD Pack

rtknowles

I have been looking at the characters in the Hero Designer Character Pack for MHI and comparing them to the character sheet in the book.  I have noticed some differences on some of the characters stats.  I have only looked at the stats not anything else so far.

A few examples of differences are:

Special Agent Franks has a 20 STR list in the book and a 30 STR in character pack

Tadeusz Byreika has a 6 DCV in the book and a 12 DCV in character pack.

Skippy has a 6 DCV and a 12 Rec in he book and a 5 DCV and a 8 Rec in character pack.

I also noticed errors in Holly and Trip.

I would expect that the book would override the character sheets in the Hero Designer pack but I just wanted to check.

Also is there errata for the book I haven't seen yet?

Thanks!

BTW since this IS Hero. If you like the write ups as they appear in the Character pack. There is no reason why you couldn't use them, it's not like the gaming police are going to storm your house for customizing the NPC's. In fact one of the best parts of Hero is the ease of customization. Though the first two examples seem a bit extreme, but it's your campaign.

But you would think the Hero System Rulebook for Monster Hunter International and the Hero Designer pack for the same rulebook would have the same stats for the main characters wouldn't you?  I would think the book stats would override the character pack stats and it was just a editing error.

But you would think the Hero System Rulebook for Monster Hunter International and the Hero Designer pack for the same rulebook would have the same stats for the main characters wouldn't you?  I would think the book stats would override the character pack stats and it was just a editing error.

That is what I said in my original post. I was also pointing out that if you found that the incorrect versions fit YOUR vision of the characters better it's ok if you used them. Heck that it's ok if you modify each and every character that appears in the book if that suits your campaign and interest.

1st rule of Gamemastering.  All rulebooks a but guidelines  :rofl:

Very true.

I usually point out stuff like this to new posters because many people aren't used to playing in a system that allows for simple modifications of Characters, and abilities

I may be listed as a new member but that is because I only post when I have something to say  :winkgrin:   I have been a member of this forum since 2010 and was a member for many years of the forum this replaced.

I have been playing and running Champions and the Hero System since 1981.  It is my favorite gaming system since the first time I played it!  I love point based systems.  I love to design my characters and villains to exactly how I imagine them.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know who entered the HD info in the Character Pack. I suspect that it wasn't Steve Long. Unless/until an Errata is released I would treat the book as being the "correct source" and the HD characters as having errors in them.

Can we make this thread a preliminary Errata until there is an official one?

From the first post:

"Special Agent Franks has a 20 STR list in the book and a 30 STR in character pack

Tadeusz Byreika has a 6 DCV in the book and a 12 DCV in character pack.

Skippy has a 6 DCV and a 12 Rec in he book and a 5 DCV and a 8 Rec in character pack.

I also noticed errors in Holly and Trip."

I also noticed errors with the Master Vampire write up. I don't remember what they were, but will check back when I can.

I emailed Hero about the discrepancy and I was a bit disappointed by the response:

"I don't think we have any plans to update the Hero Designer pack at this time Richard, but I'll pass along what you've told me and we'll see. Jason, Hero Games"

Admittedly the HD pack wasn't very expensive, but I did pay cash for it.  I would expect it to accurate or at least they would update it when errors are reported...