Using The Laundry Files With MHI

Steve

I have never read the Laundry but I think it would be some hard work since magic seems to be more usuable in the laundry series and MHI is more about naturally occuring beasts and humans that have been touched by outside influences.

CES 

I had the same thought about Myke Cole's Shadow Ops books: some similarities, but more High Magic.

• 2 months later...

While I can't see the two universes merged (Laundry magic is more common, if more dangerous-mind you, Milo getting access to computational demonology would be a very, very scary thing...), I can see the Laundry as a template for the way the British handle the monster problem.

In short-anybody that seems a monster is brought into the organization, one way or another.

The useless and "B" players are given government jobs that keep them chasing their own tails until they hit retirement age.

The "A" team players go out and fight monsters (Operations, the Artisan Rifles, etc, etc).

And, for missions that need to be done in a certian way or needs high deniablity, you have External Assets.