What RPG worlds do you wish would be converted to Hero

Tasha

I wonder if Hero's more restrictive 5e and earlier licences Harmed the brand.

I don't get that impression.  I do get the sense that Hero, and Champions in particular, could benefit from better exploitation of the fiction IP in the Champions universe. Why does Champions not have its own comic book?  Makes no sense.  At least a webcomic should be doable.  But I don't know how any of that plays with the old Heroic characters, or who has what rights after the Champions Online deal.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get that impression.  I do get the sense that Hero, and Champions in particular, could benefit from better exploitation of the fiction IP in the Champions universe. Why does Champions not have its own comic book?  Makes no sense.  At least a webcomic should be doable.  But I don't know how any of that plays with the old Heroic characters, or who has what rights after the Champions Online deal.

Because when earlier versions of Champions had their own comic books they were horrible?

Because when earlier versions of Champions had their own comic books they were horrible?

Like I said above this. Those comic books were written by a different company and weren't vetted by Hero Games at all. So they ran into the OGL problem of them being crap.

It runs into the issue of money, control and interest. It would have been really nice to get a good Comic writer and artist working on a Champions Oriented comic. Perhaps they would have sold and done well if there was quality there. It comes down to Hero Games being a Game company and not a Comic Publishing Company. I know that after DOJ's entrance into our scene that the Champions IP was shopped around to many sources including Comic Companies who weren't interested in a property with such a small fanbase. It would have been really cool for Cryptic to get Image to do a Champions comic similar to what they did with City of Heroes. Again I think it comes down to lack of money to do so. Currently DOJ doesn't have full control of the Champions IP. So I think any dreams of a Champions Comic will remain that, just dreams.

re. Shadowrun there is the Hero 5e compatible Shadow Punk.

I've read through the PDF, it's a pretty good conversion. I was considering making it the next game I run until I discovered one of the guys in my group has just started up a Shadowrun game using official rules.

Edit: Oh and Greyhawk. A decent setting that could do with a better system.

Well... Really doesn't matter. I just Lovecraftian mythology and I would play that setting using BRP, but I think that characters should be usable longer than one campaign. Generally speaking...in BRP every character is mad,near madness or dead after one CoC campaign ;)

Well... Really doesn't matter. I just Lovecraftian mythology and I would play that setting using BRP, but I think that characters should be usable longer than one campaign. Generally speaking...in BRP every character is mad,near madness or dead after one CoC campaign ;)

I was just wondering because in addition to the regular Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu type settings, there are a few new takes like the Chthonian Stars and The Void in the last few years.  They are different enough to be noteworthy. 

There is a total of zero RPG worlds that I personally want to see converted to Hero, but then I have little interest in GMing (especially) or playing in any published world -- whether that world comes from movies, TV, books, RPGs, or whatever.  I would far rather play in a GM-created world that may borrow concepts and themes from such worlds. 

There is a total of zero RPG worlds that I personally want to see converted to Hero, but then I have little interest in GMing (especially) or playing in any published world -- whether that world comes from movies, TV, books, RPGs, or whatever.  I would far rather play in a GM-created world that may borrow concepts and themes from such worlds. 

I prefer creating my own game universe as well, although I do borrow liberally from published settings.