A Good "Raygun Future" Setting?

Steve

• 2 months later...

Flash Gordon actually took place in the present, not the future! But still a great setting. I would love to play in something like the Sam Jones/Timothy Dalton/Melody Anderson/Ornella/Max von Sydow/Chaim Topol/Brian Blessed movie version. That would be so much fun.

• 11 months later...

Armageddon 2419 A.D. by Philip Francis Nowlan. The original novella the created Buck Rogers. Modern copies are usually both novellas in the two part story: Amageddon 2419 A.D. (1928) and The Airlords of Han (1929).

Great books and not what most people think of when they think Buck Rogers,

This, both the books and comic strips, are two (or one) of my favorite pulpy science fiction settings. Unfortunately, although I've written a bunch of Hero material around it, I've never gotten a group of gamers to play in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have the Rocketship Empires 1936 books John? They're no longer available for sale on DriveThru, but there were at least four items (all I have, anyway): Rocketship Empires Core Setting, Setting Book In Fury Triumphant, Ship Focus book The Gunslinger Betty, and Starship Compendium 1.

Do you have the Rocketship Empires 1936 books John? They're no longer available for sale on DriveThru, but there were at least four items (all I have, anyway): Rocketship Empires Core Setting, Setting Book In Fury Triumphant, Ship Focus book The Gunslinger Betty, and Starship Compendium 1.

I've got the core book, but none of the others. This actually came up in a random convention discussion this weekend - and none of us were able to remember the name of it. Just about drove us nuts until someone not part of the discussion threw the name at us.

• 3 weeks later...

Oddball idea: what about a post apocalyptic Earth? The heroes could be from an advanced city state, but most of the planet could be overrun with radiation devolved mutants, monsters, resurrected dinosaurs, savage tribes, lost and sunken cities, a patchwork of radiation badlands and resurgent super-flora, and the like. You could have sky-ships, a rival city run by a Ming the Merciless type, and ray guns. Think Flash Gordon meets an amalgam of pulp tropes. And, you don't even need rocket ships. Unless you want them, of course. 

• 4 weeks later...

Oddball idea: what about a post apocalyptic Earth? The heroes could be from an advanced city state, but most of the planet could be overrun with radiation devolved mutants, monsters, resurrected dinosaurs, savage tribes, lost and sunken cities, a patchwork of radiation badlands and resurgent super-flora, and the like. You could have sky-ships, a rival city run by a Ming the Merciless type, and ray guns. Think Flash Gordon meets an amalgam of pulp tropes. And, you don't even need rocket ships. Unless you want them, of course.

Thundaar the Barbarian! The show even had a high-tech city in a bottle!

• 4 months later...