In other news...

tkdguy

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I think Grendel became a descendent of Cain, in some later interpretations.  Or maybe I hallucinated that in high school English

I seem to remember reading one such translation, although I had forgotten it until I read your post.

Death tribble is right; I was referencing Vampire: The Masquerade.

13 hours ago, Tech priest support said:

I beard it was the roman legionnaire who jabbed the big J on the cross...

Some modern literature sources make him immortal. There is a series of books (the "Casca" novels) about his adventures. In the TV series "Roar," he is known as Longinus.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-hobby-georgia-sheriff-facing-charges-school-search-suspended/

Look, it's not just that the sheriff had no probable cause much less a warrant or that he denied them the right to call their parents.  Or even that they were handsy enough that he and two of his subordinates face charges of sexual assault.  He showed up at the school first thing in the morning looking for students who use drugs.  Students who use drugs *sleep in*.  Like duh.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Furthermore, even if he had found drugs, the charges would have been thrown out because if the egregiously illegal search.  One wonders just what the hell this guy was thinking.

If they'd found the drugs they  could have made up other charges because hey, who you gonna believe? Folks with suspicious stuff on them are horrible people and the cops can say what they want about them..

7 hours ago, Hermit said:

If they'd found the drugs they  could have made up other charges because hey, who you gonna believe? Folks with suspicious stuff on them are horrible people and the cops can say what they want about them..

Usually they just plant the drugs on people they want to arrest in the first place.

14 hours ago, Clonus said:

No.  If you're looking for context, his son's arrest for drug possession some time later probably provides some.  

Drug Possession with Intent to Distribute, according to this article, where the Sheriff is accused of interfering in the case:  http://investigations.blog.ajc.com/2017/10/25/ga-sheriff-who-ordered-high-school-drug-search-interfered-with-gbi-investigation-into-his-teenage-son/