In other news...

tkdguy

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Bureaucratic wheels always move slowly, which is actually an intended feature.

Two weeks is pretty quick considering.  Still, I'm waiting to see what actual fixes to systems and procedures are put into place, aside from the band-aids that were implemented on the day.

8 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Yeah--I could live  on $500 a month in my hometown, but in California?  Not likely.  Still, I imagine there are those in Stockton who'd willingly take the money if they met the criteria.

THat is definitely plus to living in a small town, everything is cheaper (except electricity)

Edit:  And some services you take for granted in a city, you'll have to solve on your own.

Punxsutawny Phil, while the most famous, is but one of the groundhogs . And good thing. Really, I advise folks turning to large rodents for oracular skill and meteorological advice to try the nearest regional because the continent of North America is huge and weather patterns can get trickier the larger the scale is. So keep your groundhog worship local- it's just good science!!

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Meh, groundhog-o-mancy is just another manifestation of East Coast bias.  If you live east or north of the boundary between Arkansas and Texas, you have groundhogs.  The rest of the country doesn't.

No whistle pigs? Sad. You could go back to the old german standard of badgers!

Perhaps lay an ewok as bait?

8 hours ago, Cancer said:

Meh, groundhog-o-mancy is just another manifestation of East Coast bias.  If you live east or north of the boundary between Arkansas and Texas, you have groundhogs.  The rest of the country doesn't.

We should get crows to help out.  They'd probably work for peanut butter filled pretzels.

15 hours ago, death tribble said:

Punxsutawny Phil has condemned the USA to another six weeks of Winter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42920504/groundhog-day-punxsutawney-phil-makes-prediction

He was probably pissed he had to get out in the cold (it was in the 20s in VA today, probably colder in PA), and as usualy having cameras flash in his face, like a thousand suns.

Kind of hoping this would be the year, he would finally unlock his cosmic level berserk powers and destroy us all.

7 hours ago, Hermit said:

No whistle pigs? Sad. You could go back to the old german standard of badgers!

Perhaps lay an ewok as bait?

You had to go there,  I would have spent the day laying 2 inches from a fire getting my fur smoldered, if not for my requirement to work for a living.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:19 AM, Cancer said:

My part of the world we have marmots