In other news...

tkdguy

OK, I shouldn't care. That was easy.

It's kind of a long article, so let me summarise:

Some guy said (or did? Maybe?) to some other guy, and then that other guy did (said?) something to the first guy, and then everyone who like the first guy were, like, "This is sickening, we're all, like, outraged, and we'll, like, totally do something about it." And then the other guy was, like, "Whatevs," and so the everyone totally did stuff, and it was in Masssachusetts. Or Maine? Possibly New Hampshire? And stuff.

Well, I'd put it more like this. You know how Canadians get tired of USers pontificating about dumb stuff that only goes on in the US and how what they do and think and and like is more important than what happens or exists or is thought of anywhere else in the world? Well, the rest of the US gets tired of it when New Englanders do the same kind of thing, which goes on all the time.

Thanks for the link, Cygnia. This is one story I really hope the whole truth comes out on. I don't condone rioting, but I don't condone a lot of what I'm hearing of the police there either. Some of the actions law enforcement there is taking stirkes me akin to trying to put a fire out with dynamite

Oh, an opinion piece by Leonard Pitts Jr is up. As I've said numerous times, while I don't always agree with him, I always find him insightful

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/12/4286081/leonard-pitts-jr-this-is-not-just.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/turmoil-tear-gas-give-way-hope-ferguson-n181141

State troopers have taken over in Ferguson, and are using a different response.

State troopers walked side-by-side with protesters in a tense St. Louis suburb Thursday as nationwide vigils honored slain black teen Michael Brown.

The Missouri Highway Patrol seized control of a St. Louis suburb Thursday, stripping local police of their law-enforcement authority after four days of clashes between officers in riot gear and furious crowds protesting the death of an unarmed black teen shot by an officer.

"All they did was look at us and shoot tear gas," said Pedro Smith, 41, who has participated in the nightly protests. "This is totally different. Now we're being treated with respect."