• Please log in to reply
4511 replies to this topic

#4501 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,625 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

Well, to be fair, I am tolerable as long as no "living on a prayer" gets sung

Note: Evidently, the local rock station thinks, that and Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Scar Tissue" has to be the last song I hear on the way to work, at least once a week for both.

Note: ANd a 3rd day has to be taken up by Green Day. 

Hmm, heard a Green Day song, and Scar Tissue on the way to work today  while also being stuck behind a log truck going 15 MPH, someone hated me today.

- a follower of the evil Punxsutawney Phil, devourer of the media. - I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. - Ewokses is tasty. - Badger's Ewokhunters: Where freaks and outcasts can find a home. - HELP! I am in an eccentric orbit.

#4502 Cancer

Cancer

Ontology oncology

• 49,968 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:01 AM

That's why you never let on what really bothers you. When they know, they just lean on that button.
... abnormal, non-Euclidean, and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours.

#4503 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 42,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 AM

I'll bet Puerto Rico would like a do over on this hurricane season.

...and that's when the destruction began.

#4504 DasBroot

DasBroot

Bat-Noogier

• 1,135 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:45 AM

If certain fringe climatologists are to be believed they'll have to settle for encores.

(Full disclosure: I do believe we've had an impact on the climate: Only a fool or a politician wouldn't. I don't believe that we've reached the tipping point where this season heralds the new normal for hurricane seasons to come.  Maybe I'm an optimist after all.)

"I threw a rock at him!"

*silence*

".... it was a *big* rock."

#4505 Cancer

Cancer

Ontology oncology

• 49,968 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 AM

One head is rolling, anyway
... abnormal, non-Euclidean, and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours.

#4506 gewing

gewing

just me

• 16,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Play-lynching 8-year-olds in New Hampshire in 2017 A.D.:

a5rpamg2pnsf0bavbto4.png

I read about this last week...   of course no information on the bastards released as they are under-aged...     

My rage level went up quite a bit...      I could easily see them getting preferential treatment.

"Life is too short for weak coffee or cheap beer"

#4507 gewing

gewing

just me

• 16,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 AM

Please not Bon Jovi, please dear LOrd no.

I like a number of his songs quite a bit.  nowhere near all of them, but...

that is why there are so many different artists around. 

Almost no one I know likes Flamenco, but I found out today my dad's caregiver does also...

#4508 gewing

gewing

just me

• 16,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 AM

I've always felt that if someone wants to park in handicapped zones that badly, the logical thing to do would be to make them qualify for it. I understand kneecaps are easy to damage.

The only reason I did not "like" this is that I disapprove of assault and battery in principle.   Though sometimes the temptation is very strong...

#4509 gewing

gewing

just me

• 16,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Fun scene aside... Shepard Book has some reading to do (heh).

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Golden_Rule

It's not fuzzy about kneecaps in the slightest. :)

do unto others as you would have them do unto you?  He just has to believe it would be appropriate for the same thing to happen to him in similar circumstances...   

#4510 gewing

gewing

just me

• 16,495 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 AM

IN local news, a pot shop employee eating in his car was kidnapped and murdered last week.   In a TV news interview, the killer confessed and stated he was having a very bad day, and originally just went over to beat the guy up because he was disrespectful to him....  so he killed him and stole the car, dumped the body, then the car. 

I cannot even begin to understand the mindset.

THAT, imo, is a THUG.  I don't care what color, creed, or nationality someone is, if they think it is appropriate to assault, murder, rob, etc based on "being disrespectful" then they are a problem.  I know historically many of our upper crust would have dueled over kinds of disrespect, but...

#4511 BoloOfEarth

BoloOfEarth

Smell? It Sphinx!

• 10,665 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:45 PM

I've always felt that if someone wants to park in handicapped zones that badly, the logical thing to do would be to make them qualify for it. I understand kneecaps are easy to damage.

I'm reminded of a comedian who said, "I saw a guy park in a handicapped space, he got out of his car and was perfectly fine.  I figured I'd make an honest man out of him... so I ran him over."  After the laughter died down, he added, "Then his 90 year-old grandmother got out of the car and started beating me over the head with her cane."

I'm also reminded of my brother, who got a ticket for parking in a handicapped space at the mall.  He was incredibly upset, telling our mom, "I limped all the way in and all around the mall!"  Mind you, he wasn't hurt at all, he just figured that faking a limp should be good enough to qualify for handicapped parking.

"Sometimes getting PCs together is like herding kittens...nuclear powered kittens at that." - phoenix240

"The Internet. It's like an idiot assembly plant." - Lawnmower Boy

#4512 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 42,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 PM

khbo91yyyvmz.jpg

...and that's when the destruction began.