Iron Age Superheroic Kickstarter EXTREME EARTH.

Tasha

There's a kickstarter for an Iron Age Superhero World. It's going to be translated to nearly every published Superhero RPG in existance, except Champions.

It would be really cool if we could get a bunch of Champions Fans out to back the kickstarter and let the Creator know that Champions is a game that deserves recognition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaerdaph/extreme-earth-a-dystopian-superhero-campaign-setti

The name isn't the best part of the thing, but it looks cool. I backed it, and I hope a bunch of You will too. Also if you back it let the creator know that you are a Champions fan. If you don't back and it's because of lack of Champions support, let him know that too.

I am not involved in the KS ex by putting money into the project

Tasha :D

PS I hate 'extreme' anything, but ignore the title and see if you like the content.

As did I.

He said,

"Thank you very much, Tasha, for backing the Extreme Earth Kickstarter - we all greatly appreciate your support!

We chose the seven systems we did based on people we knew and had worked with before and the systems they were familiar with. We do hope to earn enough in the Kickstarter to consider adding a few more supers systems afterward.Champions/Hero would be an excellent choice, if only to help create a solid Rosetta Stone of supers systems!"

Yeah. People should get out there and pimp it. Feel free to post a link to my Journey to the Center of the Earth thread when you do. Sometimes new products help. Hit Surbrook's new ones too if you can find links to whatever Mike is doing. Spread the word that there is new stuff coming out. That helps the most.

Hi Folks

I'm the artist and one of the creators for Extreme Earth (sorry about the Extreme ! lol)

Fist off I'd like to say thanks for the interest in our Project, we have definite plans to bring Extreme Earth to the HERO system. The decision to create Extreme Earth for the various systems was based on the knowledge of those system by our project writers, creating the book for Champions was always on the table. I grew up playing Champions and it was my introduction into Superhero RPG's.

Thanks again guys, please continue to ask questions, myself or another member of the team will keep you updated.

Hi Folks

I'm the artist and one of the creators for Extreme Earth (sorry about the Extreme ! lol)

Fist off I'd like to say thanks for the interest in our Project, we have definite plans to bring Extreme Earth to the HERO system. The decision to create Extreme Earth for the various systems was based on the knowledge of those system by our project writers, creating the book for Champions was always on the table. I grew up playing Champions and it was my introduction into Superhero RPG's.

Thanks again guys, please continue to ask questions, myself or another member of the team will keep you updated.

Hey Jon - thanks for weighing in.

Jon is really the creative force behind Extreme Earth. I'm Mike Lafferty - publisher of Fainting Goat Games - the studio that's publishing EE.

We have heard you and we're considering options now for how to bring Extreme Earth to the HERO System. We're talking to a well known designer about doing the conversion and crunching the numbers. We are not sure right now if HERO System for Extreme Earth will be a stretch goal for this Kickstarter or the subject of its own crowd funding campaign at a later time -- but we're trying to figure that out right now.

thanks for the interest. Hopefully we'll be able to make an announcement in this thread in the near future.

I have had a look at the Kickstarter and it looked great, so I have pledged.

I would like to thank Jongibbons and mikelaff for posting here and keeping us informed of their plans.   I really hope that you can do a Hero version because it would round out the selection.

I do use the Hero books as a Rosetta Stone for most games I run which are not Hero and it would be nice to add Extreme Earth to that list.

Hey Everyone!

Joe Bardales here, the lead writer for Extreme Earth. I just want to thank you all for your interest in our campaign setting and let you know we are listening! I made sure to pass on all the requests for a Champions/HERO version of Extreme Earth that came in through the Kickstarter messages. Like Mike and Jon have said, we are actively looking into making this happen, which is very exciting! 

I also want you all to know that when we chose the seven systems we did, it was never meant as a slight to Champions or any other supers RPG system. We put together what we did based on the people we had in our core group at the time, but our intention was always to expand to other game systems once we got funding. Every single member of our development team is a die-hard supers gamer and fan of multiple supers RPGs, and we all believe in collaboration over competition which leads to a greater sharing of ideas and makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience for all.

Thank you all again for taking the time to check out Extreme Earth and letting us know what you think! 

Hey Everyone!

Just thought I'd share our latest Kickstarter update with a link to the first chapter of EXTREME EARTH:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaerdaph/extreme-earth-a-dystopian-superhero-campaign-setti/posts/811380

And here's the direct link to the PDF of Chapter 1: Welcome to Extreme Earth:

http://tinyurl.com/o3bbc9m

Thank you again, everyone, for your support and feedback!

Hey Everyone!

Just thought I'd share our latest Kickstarter update with a link to the first chapter of EXTREME EARTH:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaerdaph/extreme-earth-a-dystopian-superhero-campaign-setti/posts/811380

And here's the direct link to the PDF of Chapter 1: Welcome to Extreme Earth:

http://tinyurl.com/o3bbc9m

Thank you again, everyone, for your support and feedback!

Just a little signal boost for Joe's earlier post

we've had some requests to see more on the history/backstory of the Extreme Earth setting.
It contains a bunch of new art, a timeline and a description of the current political environment on Extreme Earth with special attention paid to hot spots and crises.

Just wanted to pop in and say 'hi'.

We're just waiting for the mystery freelancer to get back to us with confirmation of his prices for doing the conversion. As soon as he does - we'll announce that the conversion is underway and set up a pre-order site.

In other news, the happy Canadians on the Accidental Survivor podcast recently had Joe Bardales on to talk about Black Ops Supers as a genre. Subjects included: 

Garth Ennis' the Boys

Warren Ellis' run on Secret Avengers

Captain America: the Winter Soldier

and...Extreme Earth

The Accidental Survivors are a hilarious bunch - and the podcasts are a lot of fun.

They just announced how they are going to handle the Champions/Hero System conversion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaerdaph/extreme-earth-a-dystopian-superhero-campaign-setti/posts/821819?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDO4oMSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA6JsGUkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA1LTI0IDIwOjQzOjE1BjsGVA%3D%3D--ee577c847c50097f02f5d6ce2bc58353f5c828b4&ref=backer_project_update

---snip

A Special Thank You Gift for Current and Future EXTREME EARTH Backers!

Yesterday, we announced that we will be opening up pre-orders for print copies of Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO versions of EXTREME EARTH once the Kickstarter successfully funds. Unfortunately, we can't offer print copies of EXTREME EARTH for Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO as part of this Kickstarter. There are several reasons for this, primarily our budgeting for the current Kickstarter was based solely on the costs of the seven systems we initially offered. We are also not very comfortable offering something we do not have yet in hand because we've seen this cause problems in other Kickstarters in the past. It's not as simple as offering a stretch goal either, because those aren't guaranteed, plus other folks who have already pledged are expecting other things in stretch goals we have promised. There are also some tax issues - we need to spend down the Kickstarter by the end of the year, and I don't want to risk having to carry over money into 2015 to get shipping completed if the newer books run late. So the best we can do is offer pre-orders for print copies after the Kickstarter closes at a reasonable price.

However, as a way of saying thank you to all of you who supported this Kickstarter, we are going to give free PDF copies of the Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO versions of EXTREME EARTH when they finally become available to anyone who backs the current Kickstarter at the CITIZEN OF EXTREME EARTH level or higher as a bonus. So you'll get either three PDFs (CSW, Champions, and one of your choice from the original seven game systems) or nine PDFs (the original seven plus CSW and Champions). This is our gift to you for all the unwavering support and valuable feedback you have so generously provided! You don't have to do anything - we will send you links and information on how to get your two bonus PDFs later in the year when the books are finished and become available. 

Of course, we still need to reach our funding goal to do any of this, so please keep spreading the word about EXTREME EARTH! 

Thank you very much! 

The EXTREME EARTH Development Team

--snip end

I Bolded the coolest part for those who won't read this much :D  So lets get this project funded!
Just a fan of the project.

hey Tasha - you beat me to it :)

Yes - in response to the requests from this forum and a few other places - we're doing a Champions/Hero System conversion

Thanks again for your enthusiasm for Extreme Earth. We'll provide more details as we can.

They just announced how they are going to handle the Champions/Hero System conversion.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaerdaph/extreme-earth-a-dystopian-superhero-campaign-setti/posts/821819?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDO4oMSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA6JsGUkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA1LTI0IDIwOjQzOjE1BjsGVA%3D%3D--ee577c847c50097f02f5d6ce2bc58353f5c828b4&ref=backer_project_update

---snip

A Special Thank You Gift for Current and Future EXTREME EARTH Backers!

Yesterday, we announced that we will be opening up pre-orders for print copies of Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO versions of EXTREME EARTH once the Kickstarter successfully funds. Unfortunately, we can't offer print copies of EXTREME EARTH for Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO as part of this Kickstarter. There are several reasons for this, primarily our budgeting for the current Kickstarter was based solely on the costs of the seven systems we initially offered. We are also not very comfortable offering something we do not have yet in hand because we've seen this cause problems in other Kickstarters in the past. It's not as simple as offering a stretch goal either, because those aren't guaranteed, plus other folks who have already pledged are expecting other things in stretch goals we have promised. There are also some tax issues - we need to spend down the Kickstarter by the end of the year, and I don't want to risk having to carry over money into 2015 to get shipping completed if the newer books run late. So the best we can do is offer pre-orders for print copies after the Kickstarter closes at a reasonable price.

However, as a way of saying thank you to all of you who supported this Kickstarter, we are going to give free PDF copies of the Cold Steel Wardens and Champions/HERO versions of EXTREME EARTH when they finally become available to anyone who backs the current Kickstarter at the CITIZEN OF EXTREME EARTH level or higher as a bonus. So you'll get either three PDFs (CSW, Champions, and one of your choice from the original seven game systems) or nine PDFs (the original seven plus CSW and Champions). This is our gift to you for all the unwavering support and valuable feedback you have so generously provided! You don't have to do anything - we will send you links and information on how to get your two bonus PDFs later in the year when the books are finished and become available. 

Of course, we still need to reach our funding goal to do any of this, so please keep spreading the word about EXTREME EARTH! 

Thank you very much! 

The EXTREME EARTH Development Team

--snip end

I Bolded the coolest part for those who won't read this much :D  So lets get this project funded!
Just a fan of the project.

hey Tasha - you beat me to it :)

Yes - in response to the requests from this forum and a few other places - we're doing a Champions/Hero System conversion

Thanks again for your enthusiasm for Extreme Earth. We'll provide more details as we can.

Good show! This makes me back the KS! Unfortunately, it's going to be PDF only for me this time as in the coming months I might move from Canada to Australia. I don't know where I will be when so it makes shipping a bit difficult to sort out :)

EDIT : Backed at the "FIST INVESTIGATOR" level.