What is your superpower?

GhostDancer

What is your superpower?  I don't mean what superpower you would like to have, or your favorite one- I mean one you already have.  Barring that, you could cite a friend's superpower.  Some of these may resemble Quirks more than Powers, and that's fine.

I'm nigh immune to jet lag, and this has been tested by repeated trips from Detroit to Asia.

tag

jetliner-sunset.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am going to go a bit nuts with this:

• Skills
    • Analyze complex systems
    • Bureaucratics
    • Computer Programming
    • Conversation
    • Deduction
    • Navigation - Ground
    • Oratory
    • Persuasion
    • Tactics
    • Teamwork
    • Lots of KS/AK/CK
    • PS:  Software Engineer & Project Manager
    • WF:  Sword, Dagger, Gun
  • Perks/Talents
    • Well-Connected
    • Computer Link
    • Bunch of contacts
    • Huge number of favors

I am not sure what this falls into but I am highly intuitive.

I thought that was tkdguy's gig.

As for myself, I might have bump of direction and a high pain tolerance.  No idea where all the other points from the complications went.  Certainly nothing useful.

No, that's my talent. My superpower is thinking of a specific television episode a day or so before it's replayed by the networks.

Possible real superpower that I had when younger:  Great recovery time from drugs, especially anathesia.   Almost became awake during a surgery, but that was the only problem.

I also seem to have a unnatural ability to piss off someone who will later become my boss.

As a kid and young adult my Bioelectric Field was so strong I interfered with Radio Reception within 30 meters, blanked digital watches in 3 weeks, left rainbows accross tv screens and was contantly causing electromagnetic shocks. (Longest arc was 5 seconds)

For the longest time I wore t-shorts and shorts in winter and could melt through artic ice by laying my hand down and exerting mild presure.

I also possessed my Mom's insanely high pain tolerance.

QM

Eidetic Memory

Peace Corps worker, name withheld, walking with me in Ulan Batar, capitol of Mongolia.  "I don't understand why people use mnemonics.  It's just an extra step."

"OK for you to share this with me, but don't tell this to everyone.  Some will be jealous.  We must take the extra step, one step back with two steps forward, or we won't progress at all.  It's not optional for us."

I'm a storm repellant. Blizzards, hurricanes, even earthquakes may happen all around me, but my immediate area will be fine. I mean, it will rain during a hurricane, but houses in the town or neighborhood nearby will be devastated and we'll just be wet.

My complications would take up all the room on this server to list.

I'm a storm repellant. Blizzards, hurricanes, even earthquakes may happen all around me, but my immediate area will be fine. I mean, it will rain during a hurricane, but houses in the town or neighborhood nearby will be devastated and we'll just be wet.

My complications would take up all the room on this server to list.

Thank you, Mr. "Eye of the Storm" Log.

I'm a Wiccan. My High-priestess ran me through a gauntlet of tests to find my talents. I know there are those who don't believe in any of this stuff, just as there are people who claim to be Wiccan and then brag about all of the crap they have supposedly done. I think these fellows give the rest of us a bad name. Everything here is 100% to the extent of my knowledge and experience.

Psychometry  - I can pick up residual emotional energy on objects. I can also pickup what pop culture would refer to as 'ghosts.'

Empathy/Aura Reading - I can read people pretty well. I know within minutes if you are someone who can be trusted or avoided.

I've also got a HUGE 'magical core.' As in, when participating in rituals or doing magik work of my own, I can pull in and hold a lot of energy.

Said ability to draw upon a ridiculous amount of power for spellwork is offset by my rage. I pretty much refuse to do magik anymore because there is too much danger of it becoming tainted by my rage and becoming black magik. As I told a priest consulting me for a possible exorcism - I can do it if I have to, but I'd really rather not.

I also get deja vous a LOT. I'm not sure if it is anymore than mundanes do or if it's just a side effect of my affinity for the craft, but I've had dreams years in advance of them coming to pass. I also KNEW my grandfather was going to pass away the morning before it happened. Which sucked massively cuz I didn't get to say goodbye.