HERO Dice

Herolover

Re: HERO Dice

Originally posted by Herolover

I know that several people have stated they wish they had "official" HERO system dice.

Well, I can't help you there, but I can get you close. I was at a convention recently when I found Earth speckled dice by Chessex. It comes very close.

I actually am putting together two sets of dice. One is Purple and Green (for the Supervillains) and the other is Blue and Red (for the Superheroes)

Originally posted by Zaratustra

It would be nice if the 2, 3, 4 and 5 had a differently-colored dot, and the 6 had two of those, painted in such a way that would make it easy to read both STUN and BODY.

Ooooooh! That's a good idea. I'd buy a set of them.

It would be nice if the 2, 3, 4 and 5 had a differently-colored dot, and the 6 had two of those, painted in such a way that would make it easy to read both STUN and BODY.

That would be cool.. Has anybody brought this idea to Steve's attention?

Brought to my attention? Heck, it's entirely possible that the description actually comes from a description I posted, months ago, of the Hero dice we'd like to create. ;)

It's not that we haven't thought of it, because believe me we have -- over a year ago, in fact. And it's not that we don't like the idea. It's a matter of finding the money to do it. Producing the dice themselves isn't terribly costly -- but having a custom mold made to create them the way we want them is. I have some friends in the plastics industry on the lookout for deals for me, though. :)

An addition to that: d3's (aka 1/2d6's)---two faces with one dot, two with two dots, two with three dots. One of the ones, one of the twos, and one of the threes have a single differerntly-colored dot each. Thus you could read STUN and BODY off directly.

--

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. -- Yogi Berra

Both the d3 and the HERO dice are good ideas, but in the mean time there is this neat little invention called paint :)

Just drop a couple dabs the same color as the die body to cover up the extra spots, for the d3 and paint one of the dots another color except for the one and paint two on the six.

I may just have to pick up some dice with dots and try this out. Thanks for a great idea. I still need to rebuild my collection of six siders anyway, this is a good excuse.

I think the dice should, of course, be FREd themed; Black dice with flourescent green dots.....

I also like the idea of the d3's. So what's the word, Steve? Is anything like this actually in the works? Even if it were a limited run, I'd buy it just for the novelty alone. Although it would be nice if there LOTS of them......:)

Originally posted by Steve Long

Brought to my attention? Heck, it's entirely possible that the description actually comes from a description I posted, months ago, of the Hero dice we'd like to create. ;)

It's not that we haven't thought of it, because believe me we have -- over a year ago, in fact. And it's not that we don't like the idea. It's a matter of finding the money to do it. Producing the dice themselves isn't terribly costly -- but having a custom mold made to create them the way we want them is. I have some friends in the plastics industry on the lookout for deals for me, though. :)

Well, I know I, for one, would definately buy a set(or three). I think the FREd colors alone would be enough for me. The ones in the picture are close, but not the same. Please keep us up to date on this. I'll even pre-order if that would help.. :)

Originally posted by Chaosliege

Well, I know I, for one, would definately buy a set(or three). I think the FREd colors alone would be enough for me. The ones in the picture are close, but not the same. Please keep us up to date on this. I'll even pre-order if that would help.. :)

Picture?!?!... what Picture?.......

Originally posted by Chaosliege

The first post on this thread has an attachment. It's a picture of some dice a guy found at a con.

To quote the Mr. Horse from 'Ren and Stimpy'......

"No Sir, I didn't like it."

Hero Games needs to get together with Chessex (or whoever) and make solid, jet-black-with-green dice. Perhaps even the kind with digits instead of pips? I've personally always found those easier to count....

Dice...?

I have a pair of dice I got at a Rock Shop in Arkansas... They're made of rock, naturally... The 2, 3, 4, and 5 have the dots painted in black, and the 1 and 6 have them in red... I don't see why a manufacturer couldn't do the same with regular dice...

A set of those would be very handy... BODY would equal number of dice, modified by what comes up red... Then total as normal for the STUN...

d3s already exist, I picked up a couple 10 years ago or so, and converted 1 to a 1d6-1 (simply convert a 2 to a 4, and a 3 to a 5, and voila, 1d6-1) - the d3s were 6-sided dice with holes for pips (rather than the # written out), so conceivably you could do the old crayon-coloring-in trick to differentiate them even further as needed.