Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason S.Walters

Fantasy Hero Complete Kickstarter Is Live

I have pledged for then PDF and Character pack.  However I would like to get a signed Physical copy but you are not doing international shipping.

I have previously backed all other Hero System books and it really disappoints me that their is no international option.  I would happily pay more for the books.  I have bought books from the Hero Store and paid for international shipping so I am unsure why you can not offer it now.

This can only hurt Hero Games.

I noticed on Kickstarter that you will be printing additional copies for the Hero Store and other sources.  What is the difference in me ordering it from the store and paying international shipping and increase the cost on kickstarter for international shipping?

If this is not an option can I pre-order a copy from Hero Store?

Reading the comments on the Kickstarter page, as far as I understand it, it looks like offering international shipping would add about $25 to an individual book's cost (vs. $5 domestic), which would push the minimum Kickstarter amount way over $15,000, making it harder to get the base goal funded. Essentially, by not offering international shipping now but allowing for it once the book is done, it looks like it increases the chances of the book being available at all.

Nice!

Project Update #1: International Shipping Posted by Hero Games ♥ Like

We've had a lot of inquiries about our not including an option for shipping physical copies of Fantasy Hero Complete internationally as part of this Kickstarter project, and feel that our foreign customers deserved an explanation. The reasons for us making this choice are strictly economic. It costs us somewhere between three and five times as much to ship intentionally as domestically. The $15,000 we are asking to complete this project is the bare minimum it will cost to create and ship the book to domestic backers with no “wiggle room” for extra expenses. Until we reach that point, any added money for international shipping doesn't actually make the book happen. It just goes to shipping. So if we accept international shipping before reaching our goal, we could wind up reaching the goal but not getting enough funds to actually make Fantasy Hero Complete.

And nobody wants that.

(Additionally, books that are shipped overseas get lost more frequently than those shipped domestically, so we need a good cushion of funding to cover cases where we wind up having to ship a replacement book.)

However, it was never our desire to exclude our foreign customers, but rather to serve them by making electronic files available during the project and physical copies available via direct sales and international distribution afterward. So if we reach our $15,000 goal by May 16th (the halfway point), we'll add a $60 “Legionnaire” Level which will be the same as our Myrmidon Level, only with international shipping included. That's Canada and Mexico at cost - and we'll subsidize all other international shipping.

If you're an international customer, please remember that you can pledge at the Journeyman Level ($20) now, then change your pledge with the blue "Manage Pledge" button to the Legionnaire Level should we get to add that. Or, if you're feeling particularly supportive, you can choose the $20 reward but pledge $60 now to get us to $15,000 faster, and then drop back to $20 if we don't make that goal by May 16th.

So IF We can get this funded in a little less than 2 weeks, they will add a tier for International Shipping. So Lets get this thing funded!!!

BTW this is one of the most boring KS campaigns I have seen. I would love to see some Stretch Goals to give us a reason to fund more. Perhaps offer a reprint or at least a PDF of Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds. Talk about expanding the Default Campaign world materials. Something.

So IF We can get this funded in a little less than 2 weeks, they will add a tier for International Shipping. So Lets get this thing funded!!!

BTW this is one of the most boring KS campaigns I have seen. I would love to see some Stretch Goals to give us a reason to fund more. Perhaps offer a reprint or at least a PDF of Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds. Talk about expanding the Default Campaign world materials. Something.

True...even the add on for International shipping isn't mentioned on the main page to incentivise but only in the updates; maybe that at least could be mentioned (prominently) on the main page?

I suggested throwing in some relevant PDFs as a bonus for higher pledge amounts, but that was not done. With as large a library as Hero has, it would seem to be an obvious thing to try, but this one was set up for funding as if it was the very first offering of the kickstarter creator.

As much as I detest how late White Wolf has been on delivery of their Kickstarter offerings, at least I was able to fill up gaps in my library with PDFs of older products to salve my annoyance a bit.

Larry Correia is awesome! Seriously, if you haven't read his books, you could be in for a big treat, and I personally consider Hero Game's "Monster Hunter International RPG" to be the "6e Dark Champions Complete" for me!

http://monsterhunternation.com/2014/05/01/fantasy-hero-kickstarter/

Fantasy Hero Kickstarter
Posted on May 1, 2014 by correia45

Hey guys, the same folks that did the MHI Employee Handbook and RPG have just launched a new Kickstarter

So if you picked up the MHI RPG, and want to be able to expand that into traditional fantasy stuff, check this out. Or if you just want to pick up a new fantasy RPG. Either way, they’re a great bunch of guys to work with.

Please allow me to answer a few questions:

1) For those of you who haven't seen it, there's an update about foreign shipping here.

2) I am planning on introducting stretch goals when we reach 10k. We're at 7.4k right now, so if things go as planned I should announce the first one shortly.

3) Good work! We're almost half way there with 185 backers. If we double that we have a book!

Jason

Larry Correia is awesome! Seriously, if you haven't read his books, you could be in for a big treat, and I personally consider Hero Game's "Monster Hunter International RPG" to be the "6e Dark Champions Complete" for me!

http://monsterhunternation.com/2014/05/01/fantasy-hero-kickstarter/

Just stay away from the Man's Blog. It's noxious and offensive. I can't even enjoy his books anymore.

We're at 10,000. I would love for the last 5,000 to show up so our international crowd can get their shipping. That would be very nice. There's a lot of great people just in Canada who want this book, forget about the rest of the world. To make this happen, the kickstarter either needs 5000 in 4 days, or some worthy stretch goals to make people cough up money early.

Now that we've reached $10,000, we'd like to announce some stretch goals. We'll unlock them as we achieve them, and make them available to you the backer!

$17,000 Fantasy Hero Bonus Pack. This will include 12 ready-to-play sample characters, an additional sample adventure, and an expanded setting derived from the adventure in Fantasy Hero Complete. All characters created in the Bonus Pack will be included in the Hero Designer Character Pack, and all backers at the Journeyman ($20) level up will receive it.

$27,000 Fantasy Grimoire. We will print and make available a 240-page book of spells and magic items with an original cover.

$37,000 Fantasy Bestieary. We will print and make available a 240-page book of monsters and enemies with an original cover.

Now that we've reached $10,000, we'd like to announce some stretch goals. We'll unlock them as we achieve them, and make them available to you the backer!

$17,000 Fantasy Hero Bonus Pack. This will include 12 ready-to-play sample characters, an additional sample adventure, and an expanded setting derived from the adventure in Fantasy Hero Complete. All characters created in the Bonus Pack will be included in the Hero Designer Character Pack, and all backers at the Journeyman ($20) level up will receive it.

$27,000 Fantasy Grimoire. We will print and make available a 240-page book of spells and magic items with an original cover.

$37,000 Fantasy Bestieary. We will print and make available a 240-page book of monsters and enemies with an original cover.

Excellent! So...will these stretch goal-books be with new and different content than the current Grimoire and Fantasy Bestieary books available POD?