Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason S.Walters

Fantasy Hero Complete Kickstarter Is Live

Excellent! So...will these stretch goal-books be with new and different content than the current Grimoire and Fantasy Bestieary books available POD?

Beat me to the question. (Silly job gets in the way of everything. Except for funding my Hero habit.)

Extended International Shipping Deadline

Due to requests from fans of Hero abroad, we are extending our international deadline by five more days! Now if we reach our $15,000 goal by May 22nd, we'll add the $60 “Legionnaire” Level with international shipping included. And at $11,393 – roughly 75% of our needed funding – we're really not that far from the finish line today!

And remember: if you're an international customer, you can pledge at the Journeyman Level ($20) now, then change your pledge with the blue "Manage Pledge" button to the Legionnaire Level should we get to add that. Or, if you're feeling particularly supportive, you can choose the $20 reward but pledge $60 now to get us to $15,000 faster, and then drop back to $20 if we don't make that goal by May 22nd.

On a personal note, whether we succeed in reaching our goal of $15,000 or not, I am gratified to see that there are 300 people who care enough about Fantasy Hero as a game to take the time to back this project thus far. Thank you all.

No: our hope is to pair down existing material to make smaller, less-expensive books with brand new cover art.

That makes sense. I was just noting all the splat books for M&M super powers. Instead of 1 book like UNTIL Super Powers, they have 100 books (or it seems like it)--earth powers, water powers, etc. I personally come out ahead with one book, but business-wise, the smaller books can generate more business.

Extended International Shipping Deadline

On a personal note, whether we succeed in reaching our goal of $15,000 or not, I am gratified to see that there are 300 people who care enough about Fantasy Hero as a game to take the time to back this project thus far. Thank you all.

All right, I bumped up my pledge to help support Herophiles everywhere. It's not much, but every little bit counts.

@Jason -- You're welcome. I've been playing Champions/Hero since 1st edition came out. I'll do my part to ensure my children see a vibrant Hero community for years to come.

Things seem to be stalling out on pledged support. I'm considering bumping up to a signed copy. It looks like we need another 80 or so pledges.

Yeah, was already at the signed copy level, I just bumped my pledge up to the $80 level.

Let's keep the momentum going!

Things seem to be stalling out on pledged support. I'm considering bumping up to a signed copy. It looks like we need another 80 or so pledges.

Most KS's I have been in tend to have a lull in the middle.  There is usually a spike in the last few days.    Or at least in the ones I've been in there was...

Most KS's I have been in tend to have a lull in the middle.  There is usually a spike in the last few days.    Or at least in the ones I've been in there was...

True. People were hoping to get this funded in time to add the international shipping option.

I went up to signed, but I really can't justify signed & numbered.

I hear you. I already bumped to the signed copy, but the WAF (wife acceptance factor) for anything more is very low considering I haven't played fantasy in years.

I went for the PDF version and Character Pack.  For previous kickstarter projects I have gone for a numbered copy usually in the top 10 and then bought an additional copy for use but unfortunately with not guarantee of international shipping I could not do it.

I used to have friends in the US who I could get stuff shipped to and they would sent it over to me, unfortunately they have returned to the UK now. 

Update

We're at 332 backers, $12449.00, 83% with 11 days to go.

My estimate is that we need another 65 backers to go over the top and make our goal of $15,000.00 - not to mention unlocking the Legionnaire level for international customers. So if you're holding back and waiting to see what may happen NOW is the time to strike! Tell your friends. Tell your loved ones. Tell that guy you game with that you don't even like. 

Pledged last night. I really wanted to do more than the PDF but there's so many pulls on my money right now it's what I could manage. I really hope this makes it as I love Fantasy Hero and I like Mike's work.

We've looked at our numbers, and concluded that we can afford international shipping if we reduce the size of our print run. That means FHC will go out of print sooner and be less profitable in the long run, but that we're not leaving our international fans out in the cold. (The print run will still be big enough to have copies for distribution to game stores and to sell on the Herogames.com website after the kickstarter for a while.) So we've added the LEGIONNAIRE level at $60 for a signed book, PDF, and Character Pack, shipped anywhere in the world. You can add additional books to that level for $30 each, just like the backers in the USA.