Strange questions but here goes...

phoenix240

Hm, I didn't think it was likely anyone had but worth a shot. :)

I guess I could get the ball rolling

"Mind Control: 10d6. AE: 1 Hex, 0 End, Persistent Continuous Uncontrolled, IPE: All Senses. One Command: Put up with my asinine obnoxious and generally insane behavior and lack of anything resembling social skills. 

I added Persistent since none fo the rest of the cast has tried to murder him in his sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

I added Persistent since none fo the rest of the cast has tried to murder him in his sleep.

On screen.  Remember when Leonard moved in there was "Die Sheldon Die!" graffittied on the wall of his room ("You may want to repaint.") and the others, especially Howard, have discussed it.

"Mind Control: 10d6. AE: 1 Hex, 0 End, Persistent Continuous Uncontrolled, IPE: All Senses. One Command: Put up with my asinine obnoxious and generally insane behavior and lack of anything resembling social skills. 

Add "Limited power: Doesn't work if confined to a small base in the arctic for months".  Remember what they wanted to do to him?

Characteristic wise I'd put most of Cooper's Physicals at 8 or 7, maybe a Con of 10 (he's a hypochondriac but does seem to get himself reasonably healthy due to it). Since I use Com I'm going to put that 10. Other characters don't react to him as particularly handsome physically but he's “Hollywood Ugly” in that regard, IMO.

Intellect is good, probably not as high as he'd imagine though. Outside of his field and areas of interest he doesn't come across as that smart or a particularly quick thinker. I think much of his reputation is built on talent more than raw intelligent. Ego is probably moderate:12-14. Cooper isn't especially brave or strong will but he can be very stubborn but usually to his detriment so it might be best represented by a Psychological Limitation. Presence is tricky. Sheldon has 0 personal skills, but his associates often cater to him and he can be earnest and oddly charming in a quirky clueless way. I'd call it a wash and give him a standard PC level: 10 and chalk it up to role playing.

Overall I'd leave his “Figured” alone regardless of Edition. Most of them physical and that's not really his forte so the base levels seem fine.

Aside from Characteristics he has Lightning Calculator, Eidetic Memory and probably some truly impressive rolls in Sci: Physics, Quantum Physics and Advanced Mathematics with more reasonable levels in several others, probably has the Science Enhancer. I'd give him either slew of “geek” KS (nad a few languages including Klingon as Basic Con) or just a really PS: Stereotypical Nerd.

• 2 weeks later...

I was mostly joking about the Mind Control but it is amazing how much the characters kowtow to Sheldon on that show and for apparently no reason. He's a complete ass and seems to go out of his way to make Wallowitz's life Hell sometimes but when it comes down do it they'll throw him under the bus to appease Sheldon. Or anyone but Penny really. His own wife even took Sheldon's side over his.

• 2 weeks later...

Penny has been noted (by Sheldon) to have "farmhand strength" (or some phrase to that effect). She's been shown to be much stronger than any of the guys in the show. Technically she could do that with a 10, but I think the rule of comedy tv should give her at least a 13, possibly a 15.

And she beat the hell out of the guy who stole Sheldon's world of Warcraft character.

I'd probably give her a 16 comeliness. She's pretty, but no more so than any other b movie actress.

Arguably Sheldon has the persuasion skill. Not in the way anyone is used to seeing it, but it's just a different special effect. ;)

I would hardly rate Penny's COM at a 16.  That's pretty freakin hot.  I'd probably put it at a 12 or 13.  Does anyone honestly think she can lift 220lbs?  I seriously doubt it.  STR score is probably closer to a 7 than to a 10.

Sheldon's INT I would rate at least 15 but probably more like 17 or 18 as all those guys are supposed to be genius level IQ.  I would rate his EGO at 10 to 12.  Maybe.

Aside from their intellect, the people on the show are extremely normal, even below average in a physical capacity, which means the vast majority of their Characteristics should be between 8 and 12

God, I hate that show.  It's like nerd black-face.

I would hardly rate Penny's COM at a 16.  That's pretty freakin hot.  I'd probably put it at a 12 or 13.  Does anyone honestly think she can lift 220lbs?  I seriously doubt it.  STR score is probably closer to a 7 than to a 10.

Well, the girl who plays her is a TV star.  And while the actress probably can't, I could see Penny the character lifting 220.  We aren't talking about bench-pressing it, we're talking about lifting the weight off the ground.

Well, the girl who plays her is a TV star.  And while the actress probably can't, I could see Penny the character lifting 220.  We aren't talking about bench-pressing it, we're talking about lifting the weight off the ground.

Well, you could use the Heroic Lift Table from APG1. Effectively, a character can lift half of what they could using the standard table. So a 10 STR could lift 110 lbs (50 kg). (Also, per APG1, a character can bench press 75% of their maximum lift capacity.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm more interested in Penny. How would you write her up?

I hadn't given Penny much thought. I guess because she seems so "normal" compared to the rest of the crew. She's physically better than any of them but...low bar so I'd give her 10s for most of her physical attributes. Her Comeliness, based on how others react to her seem to seems high, I'd say in the 12-15 Range. She's attractive but doesn't stop traffic. Above average Pre, she can be intimidating when she tries and is a moderately good actor and public speaker so...12, 13? (The Com helps on some of Pre skills). Ego is pretty good. She's gutsy, probably more so than most of the characters and doesn't scare as easily so 13-15. She's not an idiot but not as bright as the rest but High bar in the case so I'd give her a 10 Int.

Skills: Modern Everyman Skills (PS: Waitress), Acting 11-, Oratory 8-, KS: Theater 11-, Fam: Physics, Fam: KS: Geek Culture (she's picked up a little from exposure), Couple of Dirty Infighting moves (Low blow, Punch). KS: Farming 8-, TF: Tractors and farm equipment.

Limitations; Her stand outs seem to be Fear of Commitment (Com Strong) and Short fuse (Com, Mod).

Sheldon's INT I would rate at least 15 but probably more like 17 or 18 as all those guys are supposed to be genius level IQ.  I would rate his EGO at 10 to 12.  Maybe.

Aside from their intellect, the people on the show are extremely normal, even below average in a physical capacity, which means the vast majority of their Characteristics should be between 8 and 12

God, I hate that show.  It's like nerd black-face.

I like the show but I can see it could feel like that. The mockery usually feels good natured to me most of the time.

What gets to me is how tragic the same set up would be played straight. But I guess that's true of most comedies.

I've been watching some of the earlier episodes. All the characters have really Flanderized. Sheldon most of all. At the beginning he was much more functional and less of a space cadet. And oddly, felt like more a tool as it felt like he understood some aspects of polite social interaction but just didn't care to use them unless it served his purpose.

It's more than one hex.  People do it from meters away.

At the risk of taking a joke too seriously, I mainly made it 1 hex so he doesn't have to target it. People do seem to get more fed up with him and call him on his BS over the phone and other longer distance situations so its not totally pulled out of thin air. :)

Edit: though the suggestion upthread about giving him higher Presence or some kind of Striking Features with an odd sfx probably makes more sense from a mechanical point of view. Maybe with a Limitation that it doesn't work against certain targets (unimpressed by his reputation, that make an Ego roll, etc).

• 3 weeks later...

Amy Farrah Fowler

Noteworthy items

Char: Int 12-14, Com: 8*

Skills:Science: Neurobiology, Anatomy),  Animal Handler (primates, rodents), KS: Canterbury Tales

Disads: In Love with Sheldon (Uncom, Str), Crush on Penny (uncom, Mod), Wants to belong socially (uncom, strong)

*Hollywood "ugly", based on in setting reactions to her appearance not the actress that depicts her.

• 1 month later...

Howard Wallowitz

Estimated Characteristics: Straight 8's for physicals, Intellect 12, Ego 11, Presence 8 Comeliness 8* Figured as calculated

Skills of note: PS: Engineer +1, Science Mechanical Engineering, Sci: Robotics, Electronics, Mechanics, KS: “Geek” culture, Lang: Klingon, Sindarin, (basic conversation) International Sign language French, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Japanese, (Fluent conversation) Computer Programming, Mimicry, PS: Dungeon Master (Pre Based) +1

Systems Operation, Inventor

Disadvantages of note: Psych Lim: Lecherous (later trades for for In Love with Bernadette or at least buys it down), Psych: thinks he has the Seduction skill, he does not. Physical: Nut allergy. Psych: Insecurity particularly Intellectual

*Again based on other character's reactions to his appearance in the show both his actual appearance and odd fashion sense.