Autofire skills

Tech

I have read, reread and reread the new skills for Autofire over and over now. In my opinion, the new skill descriptions are confusing! Could someone shed some light on the four autofire skills for me? I have a sniper hero that could probably use them.

Basic rules of Autofire:

#1: If you are hitting many people with the AF attack you must take a -1 per hex of space in-between the targets. Accurate Autofire limits the minus to a single -1 instead of a possible -4 if the two characters were 4 hexes apart.

#2: If you are hitting many people with AF attacks you can only make one shot per person. With Concentrated Autofire you could decide to shoot at one target 2 times and a second target (one hex away) 2 times Without this rule you could shoot target 1 only once and target 2 only once.

#3: When shooting at people in different hexes, you must shoot one charge into an empty hex when moving to hit someone else. So if 3 people are each one hex away from each other and you want to AF a shot at each of them you must shoot a charge into each empty hex between the characters; meaning you would use 5 charges to hit 3 people. Skipover allows you to not waste a charge on the hex which has no one in it. So if you were shooting at those 3 people you would only need to use 3 charges instead of 5.

I hope that all makes some sense.

Rapid Autofire allows you to Rapid Fire an AF attack. Meaning a character could choose to AF 3 shoots, and then Rapid Fire 3 times at a target. So in this case a single target would get shot at 9 times, or 3 separate targets would get shot at 3 times each, ect.

Ah! Thanks, Monolith. I appreciate the insight on the skills. Yep, I'm definitely getting them for my sharpshooter. I'm going to print them out and put your post in my 5th Ed book. I bet no one's ever done that before with one of your posts, eh?

Originally posted by Tech

Ah! Thanks, Monolith. I appreciate the insight on the skills. Yep, I'm definitely getting them for my sharpshooter. I'm going to print them out and put your post in my 5th Ed book. I bet no one's ever done that before with one of your posts, eh?

Well, I do have all my posts printed out, put in gold frames, and hanging on the walls of my house, but I am a little strange. :)

I am glad it help you out some. Good look with the sharpshooter.