The cost of Multiform

MuensterCheese

Question

On pages 80-81 of Champions Complete are the following sentences which totally seem to contradict each other.  Please help me determine the cost of Multiform for a 350-point villain robot that can transform into an SUV (which I'm not counting as a regular Vehicle in game terms, but a character vehicle):

"The player must choose one of the character's forms (depending on character concept) to be the true form, and the other forms are alternate forms.  Only the true form pays the cost for Multiform, and the true form need not be the most expensive form."

So, in math terms, Cost(True form) >= Cost(Alternate form) or Cost(Alternate form) <= Cost(True form)

"Alternate forms must be regular characters (not Vehicles, Bases, Computers, Automatons, or the like), and are built on the same Total CP (including Matching Complications) as the true form (or fewer CP, if desired)."

In math terms, Cost(True form) >= Cost(Alternate form), but NOT Cost(Alternate form) <= Cost(True form).

For my Transformer, it seems like the first sentence will let me choose the robot or the vehicle as the true form, but the second sentence seems to say that only the robot can be the true form.

1 answer to this question

I didn't write Champions Complete, so I don't feel comfortable commenting on it. My suggestions would be either to consult the full Multiform rules in the 6th Edition core rulebook, or to contact Derek Hiemforth (who's active here on the boards) via PM and ask him directly.