Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattingly

The Algernon Files

A new thing from us! In that other system...

Algernon lives...!

Or at least, his chance to live is in your hands.

The superhero roleplaying character set is live on Kickstarter, here:

The Algernon universe is being relaunched as a series of "splat books," in full color with eye-popping artwork.

Head over to Kickstarter, and help us spread the word. The world needs you!

6009f9810da32dc0e7a448b255f5d139_large.p

c2df65bd1aea8a827f36e490848b7d04_large.p

We do plan to convert these to Champions in the future.

The thing is, I've learned sometimes if the M+M version doesn't get made, the Champions version will NEVER get made.

Unfortunately, that can be true. It's also unfortunate that I can't afford to buy every product twice to get the Champions/Hero version.

The should relist as a Champions Product if the M&M fans don't come out to buy the stuff. Hero Fans have been pretty good about supporting nearly everything that has been KS'ed. A New Champions Campaign that is different from CU is something that should be very interesting to Champions fans. Heck, with all of the talk in the Champions boards about interest in developing products that Perfect Worlds doesn't have veto over. Algernon Files as more than a list of Heroes and Villains COULD be what Hero Fans are looking for.

another project i' d like to contribute to but can't since I have no need for facebook

I wish kickstarter would provide a non facebook way to contribute

good luck

You do not need to have a Facebook account to sign up for Kickstarter.  Never have.  If you take about 3 seconds to read the "sign up" page, directly under "log in with facebook" is the entire rest of the page which says OR and has a traditional form with space for your name, email, et cetera.

bigbywolf I read your post and tried to log in but the page read my email address was already in use thanks though

That usually means you have made an account with that email address already and forgot (or someone with a similar address made one with yours due to a typo).  Either way it has nothing to do with Facebook.

If it's not worth your time and effort that's your prerogative, just trying to inform.

And here's the latest from Aaron Sullivan, the author of the series.

If everything goes to plan (fingers crossed) we'll be able to put out everything I've outlined on my many precious spreadsheets and filled notebooks detailing... these are 2 of 30 volumes comprising 300 entries and 642 characters. And that's not even counting the supplements outside the series proper, like TAF: JUVENILE INJUSTICE, which details The Winters Academy, its faculty and most of its student body, as well the villain team formed by several of its recent graduates, The Seven Sins. Adding in the supplements, that's north of another 180 entries, and somewhere around another 250 characters.

Just doing the math, the characters who are new edition versions of ones we had 1st/2nd edition write-ups for barely makes it into the 10-15% mark.

Of course, all that depends on Blackwyrm getting the money to start and continue the series. :-)

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have checked out the Algernon Files Kickstarter? And for those of you that have, what do you think of it? And the Algernon Files in general for that matter.

I've got 2.0 for Hero and Fires of War for Hero and liked both of them for the builds, and the amount of interrelations they were able to work in. I got a strong sense of the campaign setting they are now trying to expand with their latest effort.

If they keep up the quality of the characters, background, etc., I think 3.0 will be a good addition. The only reason I haven't backed the Kickstarter is because I cannot justify buying the material twice. I have no need for M&M, and if I did support the KS, then I couldn't justify buying the Hero version later since I already got the M&M version.

I've got 2.0 for Hero and Fires of War for Hero and liked both of them for the builds, and the amount of interrelations they were able to work in. I got a strong sense of the campaign setting they are now trying to expand with their latest effort.

If they keep up the quality of the characters, background, etc., I think 3.0 will be a good addition. The only reason I haven't backed the Kickstarter is because I cannot justify buying the material twice. I have no need for M&M, and if I did support the KS, then I couldn't justify buying the Hero version later since I already got the M&M version.

I'm wondering how many of you guys would support a Hero version, if it was offered up. Not that I'm saying it's going to happen, as I don't have a say so in the matter, but I think Dave might be interested in knowing.