Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattingly

The Algernon Files

Well, the answer is we give more money. If we want it, we'll have to make it worth Dave's while.

Yes, but there's a point at which the cost is more than most will be willing to pay.

Since I broke my own rule and backed the M&M, I'll get to see the product and make a decision about what the Hero version is worth to me, if/when it becomes available.

And a few additional pieces of preview art.

The Cold Front (L-R: Cold War, Frostbite, Blueblood, Ice Age, and Chiller)

coldfront.jpg

Chimera (shape-changing martial artist assassin)

chimeragreenish.jpg

Cipher (motif-villain obsessed with codes and puzzles)

cypherman.jpg

Cool art and interesting concepts!  Also kinda holding out for a Hero conversion, though.

Honestly, me too. I'm not interested in M&M (no criticism of the game or its fans intended). I backed the Kickstarter for the Hero version.

Me 3.

Honestly, me too. I'm not interested in M&M (no criticism of the game or its fans intended). I backed the Kickstarter for the Hero version.

I think there are quite a few people that would be interested in seeing a HERO version of this, so you may want to contact Aaron and let him know that. As far as the latest on the Algernon Series of books goes, here's what he has to say.

Juvenile Justice (no long "In-"*) will be on hold conditional on how the Kickstarter for Deluxe Volume I goes.  If the first one fails, I'll know not to waste time on further ones.

*I expanded it to include The Sentinels Training Program (one of those things that very publicly starting helped kill the last run at a Metahuman Registration Act), Project CHIRON (secret government program to train young metas to work for Uncle Sam), and The Furies (the young ladies introduced in one of the pieces of fiction on my own site). While the Winters Academy section by itself is still half again the size of those three new sections combined, the book is no longer limited to just the bad apples.

Silly question- whats the difference between Algernon Files 2.0 and 3.0? I have 2.0 for hero, but if there are more or different ones in 3.0, even if its M&M, It might be worth picking up. Thanks

Your best info is in the original post (http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/89440-the-algernon-files/?do=findComment&comment=2368384) which has a link to the kickstarter campaign with  way more information.