Advice on building a whirling debris filed, minor effects

Hello All,

I am working on an NPC with a difficult to define effect, the concept is still in the early stages (and it's 5th ed)...

The effect is a whirling mass of air around the character, 2 hex radius, that tends to stir up loose particulates and debris.  I wanted to have a minor effect to anyone who comes within the range of the effect (effectively melee range) and am having a difficult time definine the effect (its more of an annoyance or distraction as opposed to being a serious hindrance to opponents).  I originally thought of a Damage Shield with a 2d6 EB NND, or Flash, or DEX drain, but all of those have standard defenses that I didn't want to worry about being applicable.

My current thought is a Change Environment, no range (centered on self, 2 hex radius), with at most a -2 CV effect (with personal immunity).

I would appreciate thoughts, ideas or criticism.

Thanks,

Elmo

Thank you for the reply Greywind.

I forgot to mention that this effect is the character's default state in that it will be 0 end, persistent, and thus effectively always on (though the character chooses when to activate and deactivate with the default being "on" should the character become unconcious...assuming he switched it on prior to losing conciousness).

If I go with Darkness...I think it would be too restrictive as this is meant to be more of an annoyance to others.

If I go with Flash...wouldn't any Flash Defence work against it, by the rules anyway?

As to the NND...I do like that approach, especially if I can add Penetrating to indicate the "harrassing" quality of the effect, low dice of course, 2d6 max.

Also, I thought of a single hex, but that might be too small of a volume and I thought that the ring of six hexes around the character would be more appropriate to affect those in HtH with the character.