how to make team flight.

Kebprime

Hi I am new to hero system, and I'm trying to have a power that will allow me give flight to the people around me. ( similar to team flight in City of Hero.) How would I build this power. Also how many books have powers in them? What are the books names?

Here is one way -

60 Team Flight: Flight 24m, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Usable Simultaneously (up to 4 people at once; +1 1/4), Grantor can take back power at any time, Recipient must be within Standard Range of the Grantor for power to be granted, Recipient must remain within Line of Sight of Grantor (60 Active Points) - END=2

There is one 6e book full of example Champions Powers -

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/35-champions-powers-bookpdf/

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/36-champions-powers-pdf/

Hi I am new to hero system, and I'm trying to have a power that will allow me give flight to the people around me. ( similar to team flight in City of Hero.) How would I build this power. Also how many books have powers in them? What are the books names?

Flight with a variant of the Useable by others advantage.

HyperMan gave you the msot literal interpretation in his post. It requires that players stay close or "drop out" of the effect.

Just making it a UOO with it being granted multiple times might be better.

The core books have (nearly) all the powers in them. Some very rare cases powers are limited to genre books and the Advanced Player Guide(s).

But most of the time books give you example builds of powers/pre-combined power modifiers rather then totally new powers.

A link to the list of core powers is in my siganture (Power Guide).

Also how many books have powers in them? What are the books names?

Welcome aboard! The Core Rules have basically all the Powers in them. The genre books, setting books, etc. mostly just elaborate on the infinite number of ways you can combine Powers, Advantages & Limitations to get the effect you want. With 6th Edition, you have a few options for the "core rules" -

1. Hero System 6th Edition, Volumes 1 & 2 (abbreviated 6E1 & 6E2) are the complete & comprehensive rules books. 6E1 contains all the Powers, Skills etc you need for character creation; 6E2 focuses on combat & adventuring.They're nearly 800 pages tho, and can be a little intimidating starting out.
  2. Champions Complete includes all the same rules as 6E1 & 6E2, but in a much more concise format. Where 6E1 might take several pages to explain how a Power works with copious examples and caveats for how this Advantage interacts with that Limitation, CC will give you a few paragraphs covering the same basics but with fewer examples. I highly recommend it for new players - if you like the system, you can always check out 6E1&2 later.
  3. There's also Monster Hunter International, which contain most of the core rules needed to play that specific setting.
  4. If you're more of a fantasy player, you can wait a few months until Fantasy Hero Complete is finished. Same idea as CC, but focused on fantasy instead of superheroes.

• 3 weeks later...

Flight with a variant of the Useable by others advantage.

HyperMan gave you the msot literal interpretation in his post. It requires that players stay close or "drop out" of the effect.

Just making it a UOO with it being granted multiple times might be better.

The rules for UOO define the maximum simultaneous uses of the ability. 

If it is defined as 'Usable by 1 Other' and is granted to 1 character, then only that character can use it. 

If on the owning character's next Phase they grant the ability to a 2nd character, then 1st character loses the 'grant' at that moment.

Depending on the special effect, I'd go with AE Radius Useable As Attack (or whatever it's called now), for something like a gravity bubble or a Storm-style whirlwind.

re: Usable as Attack vs. Usable Simultaneously

If the ability is built with Usable as Attack then the owner must have a separate personal Flight ability.

Usable Simultaneously allows the owner to personally keep 1 of the X uses (up to X people at once).