Arrow ~

Greywind

Ray Palmer, ie the Atom? Was that Felicity on the table looking dead or near dead? Roy looks cool as Arsenal. Not sure how thrilled I am with Rhas making an appearance, though I know they have done a lot with the League of Assassins and mentioned him. He is just such a Batman adversary and I think they needed to figure someone else out. Still, has been good so far, so benefit of doubt time.

• 2 months later...

So anyone catching the new season on this now that it's started? I saw the season opener, and I liked it overall but...

I know it's been five months, but Ollie's 'love' for Felicity feels rushed. He went from using her in a con, to having it turn into the real deal rather quick, in tv time.

And, of course, the big sting was

Sara/Black Canary dies! Whoever killed her, she knew them well enough that she dropped her guard entirely. I cannot say I am surprised. I always figured she would one day die so Laurel could begin her own journey as the next Black Canary, but it's a bit of a shame as Caty Lotz surprised me with how well she did in the role. She had the moves down and was a good enough actress to make the character engaging.  I'm guessing her murderer was Komodo on the orders of Ras, but I could be wrong on that

We watched it the other day. Pretty much agree with your assessment, though wasn't too concerned about the first point.

I think it would have been handled better as Ollie acknowledging Felicity's feelings and trying to date her, rather than professing such strong feelings out of the gate. Though, it didn't bother me at the time, so I'd have to rewatch it to see what his dialog actually was. It may have been better to have a scene or two after Ollie's talk with Diggles, showing him mulling it over, casting sidelong glances at Felicity, and finally working up the resolve to ask her out, then handle the date in another episode.

Gah. So unless you are a fan of comic books, you get to miss out on some potential story bits. That kind of marketing does not work for me, as I will not be jumping back into the comic scene anytime soon. I will admit that, had I not read about the S2.5 thing here, I would have probably chalked up some of the little things (Roy in costume, the pregnancy, etc) as one of those "behind the scenes" things.

As to the episode, I got the same feeling about the whole Ollie/Felicity thing being rushed. I think, and this is in retrospect, they just wanted to get over it so that it can be just "like old times." Overall, it was a solid episode and of course the surprise at the end was actually surprising. Looks like Arrow keeps another fan for now.

Ray Palmer, ie the Atom? 

Yep. No shrinking so far, but now that they have unleashed supers in the Arrow universe, I certainly wouldn't rule out it happening in the future.  :D

I find it really cool that instead of Ollie having his business stolen from him by yet another villain, that he is losing it to a bona fide DCU hero.  Much harder to predict how things are going to play out this way,

http://screenrant.com/arrow-tv-atom-flash-crossover/

“I think anything is possible. My instinct is that if Ray Palmer’s going to shrink, he’ll probably shrink on another show.

“With The Flash in existence, there’s no real compelling reason for us to do super powers on Arrow. We can bring characters to Flash to have super powers. We have plans for Ray that don’t involve shrinking, but our plans for Ray are actually really cool.”

• 2 weeks later...

And, of course, the big sting was

Sara/Black Canary dies! Whoever killed her, she knew them well enough that she dropped her guard entirely. I cannot say I am surprised. I always figured she would one day die so Laurel could begin her own journey as the next Black Canary, but it's a bit of a shame as Caty Lotz surprised me with how well she did in the role. She had the moves down and was a good enough actress to make the character engaging.  I'm guessing her murderer was Komodo on the orders of Ras, but I could be wrong on that

I'm glad i read that:

Sara was the only character I was cheering for after the end of season two. Was also cheering for Thea but she lost me when she went with Malcolm Merlyn.

So thank you. 

• 10 months later...

Wait, was that John Constantine in there? Cool, tying him into this too.

Oh yeah, Amell and the Arrow crew tried to help save the Constatine show back when it was being cancelled...

#SaveConstantine -- Hey TV Networks / Netflix and the like... If you pick up the show, I'll guest star.

— Stephen Amell (@amellywood) May 9, 2015
@amellywood man, it would be a real pleasure to explore these Guys dynamic #Constantine #SaveConstantine

— Matt Ryan (@mattryanreal) May 9, 2015
Can't wait. Constantine & Queen want to get shit done. Let's make it happen. #Constantine https://t.co/9R0tM3HQTx

— Stephen Amell (@amellywood) May 9, 2015
well, it fell through, no one picked up Constantine, but the Arrow guys didn't cut off their support. Seeing an opportunity, they invited Matt Ryan to come onboard and reprise the role again for at least one episode. I think the CW crew has checked the numbers, crossovers get them a ratings boost, and I would like to think there's also an aspect of camaraderie among entertainers involved. Of course, the jerk dabbler extrodinaire has every reason to be there....

As it is hinted that the Resurrection of Sara Lance after all this time has a cost, and occult expertise will be very badly needed

Seriously, so far I'm really liking what I've seen behind the scenes as well as on the screen when it comes to Flash and Arrow.

• 2 months later...