Fantasy Hero Complete Cover Art

Jason S.Walters

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the dragon's smiling. His mouth corners aren't turned up. He just seems to have a severe underbite.

And the figure in the forefront isn't obviously a woman. With its apparent physique it could just as easily be a clean-shaven, long-haired man. Mind you, I agree that a little visual ambiguity is preferable to the stereotypical fantasy female wardrobe.

I have to say, it's a fun fantasy-based illo, but it doesn't say to me, "exciting RPG adventure awaits within." Then again, that's different enough that it may attract browsers to the book.

The form definitely looks female, but personally i think the chain mail bikini is a thing in overrated and do not believe it is as pervasive as people make out.

Than you haven't actually looked.  It's everywhere.

This is what you get when you Google "female fantasy art"

Hopefully you realize the phrase "chain mail bikini" doesn't apply just to armor.  The wizard wears floor length robes, unless the wizard is female in which case she wears see through harem pants and a top that shows her midriff (if not more).  The female barbarian, if wearing a top at all, has a fur bikini top.   

Also check out the fairly big list of examples of the Chain Mail Bikini on TV Tropes.

If that still doesn't convince you, go to the Artist's Alley at any convention.  There absolutely will be more half naked women in the fantasy art, even art where the men are fully dressed.

So if it's a dragon with an overbite, maybe the gal (because I don't see him as a guy) about to fix it; and everyone else is looking giddy because something went wrong with the laughing gas.

The painting gives me the impression that everybody is giddy because they're tallying up the gigantic treasure trove they just beat that dragon to win.

The form definitely looks female, but personally i think the chain mail bikini is a thing in overrated and do not believe it is as pervasive as people make out.

This is a miniature (NSFW)... And there are many more just like it at the same site.  I have women in my group and miniatures like this one makes the entire group mad as hell.

Edited by bluesguy