Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

A new thread for a new season seems appropriate, don't you think? 

Anyway, the show's been moved to a later hour--it's at 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, and so on as you head west.  So be sure to set your Tivos, DVRs, DVD-Rs, VCRs, wax cylinder recorders, or hire animation artists to draw up highly detailed flipbooks of the episode.

Or you could watch the broadcast as it airs, like people used to in the oldentime days.

Dare to be square.  If it's good enough for Phil Coulson, it should be good enough for the rest of us. :winkgrin:

Geeky trivia 

the actor who played Creel / Absorbinh Man also played Penny's boyfriend Kurt in The Big Bang Theory. So when Leonard & Sheldon leave pants-less in the pilot, it is because these two comic geeks confronted a supervillain. Also a later episode Leonard tries to get the money that Kurt owes Penny and leaves with indelible ink on his forehead—another act from a supervillain, right?

I think they did a great job introducing Crusher Creel, especially with the depiction of his powers.  I liked the notion that each substance he absorbs feels different to him, and some substances make him feel better to him than others.  I look forward to more of his appearances.

I'm also very concerned about the fate of Fitzsimmons.  With Gemma gone and Leo operating at only a fraction of his usual capacity, it doesn't look like Coulson will have the two brightest minds in SHIELD in his corner this time around.  Thing is, I had a feeling this might happen.

Something else has occurred to me--I said once before, possibly here on this forum, that the Marvel Cinematic Universe needs to have its own Spider-Man character, and since the wall-crawler himself is still locked into a movie deal with Sony-Columbia, I was thinking either the Richard Rider Nova or Speedball could stand in for him.  But as we've seen with Coulson and SHIELD in the Season 2 premiere,  nobody likes them, nobody trusts them, everyone's out to get them--and yet they keep fighting the good fight to protect people and defeat the forces of evil.

That's right--SHIELD is the MCU's version of Spider-Man.  They may not have web-shooters or be able to climb walls, nor do they have an elderly aunt looking after them--although maybe May's mother might put in another appearance this season.  But even if they don't say it, the notion of "with great power comes great responsibility" is there, as Coulson and his team have taken on the responsibility of protecting the world.

Just my thoughts on the new season.  Take them as you will.

I liked Absorbing Man, and did anyone else perk up when he grabbed that ball & chain?

My son noted "That's Sky, isn't it? She needs a haircut." It seems like Coulson may be much less involved in this season (consistent with "no field missions"), Ward's locked up, Fitz is injured, Simmons is gone and Sky no longer has that "what's going on/deer in the headlights" vibe, and seems like part of SHIELD. A very different dynamic from Season 1, almost a brand-new show for the brand-new season. It will be interesting to see where they take it.

Oh, and

what does Ward know about Sky's father?

I got so excited the wife looked at me funny. :D

I too had a nerdgasm, but only the dogs were around to see it.  :D

I had recorded this and finally got to watch it. I'm not sure I'm crazy about the new dynamic with the team itself, but it certainly was a treat to see the Absorbing Man

What Hermit said.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else loving the fact that after the ongoing complaints that they were doing "SHIELD without supers" last season, this is basically a comic book shout out every week? Absorbing Man, Blizzard, Mockingbird, Hydra, whoever Skye's father is, and the usual S.H.I.E.L.D. goodness in just four episodes.

Awesome sauce.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they revealed the race of the blue alien in the Guest House. It'll be revealed on the Dec 2nd episode, but if you don't want to wait:

When I saw the 3d map, I was thinking Attilan, in light of the upcoming Inhumans movie.