Kragar's no one notices me - Sample Power

Heroic Halfwit

65 Active (16 Real)  "No one of consequence" -  4d6 Mental Illusions only "to have the eyes roll off"  i.e. a Cosmetic Change to the environment.  Standard Effect (12)

Advantages:

+1/2 Invisible Power Effects (6E1 132);  +1/4 Aoe 6m radius Non-Selective;  +1/2 0 End;  +1/2 Constant;  +1/4 Persistent; +1/4 Personal Immunity.

Limitations:

-1/2 no Range; -1/2 Always On;  -2 Limited power "only to have the eyes roll off"

Some may argue about the value of the limited power limitation, but I think that this makes for a reasonable facsimile of Kragar's power to not be noticed (various tales of Steven Brust's Vladimir Taltos).  For those who are not familiar, in the normal course of business no one notices Kragar, unless he does something to bring attention to himself.  People see him, but don't really register him.

In game terms, the cosmetic change in the environment is "Kragar's not here."  However, if Kragar attacks or otherwise brings attention to himself (+10 Ego or greater result to "hide" people will automatically see him.

I've done it with images before, a perception roll to even notice him.  When he's active and speaking the roll is easy, when not he just blends into the background and nobody can see where he went.

The Invisible Power Effects on Mental Illusion is superior though, because it would make people just forget he was there and not remember the illusion when it wore off.  Its an elegant build.

• 2 weeks later...