starbeet

I was setting up for my first game with my group, got stuck trying find a good support hero when I thought up one that got me excited :bounce:! his name is the living theatre a psychic actor/ director that couldn't find his place in the theatre and in stead found his place as a hero (rough summary). as a support he needed to be power based and to be honest I just threw together stuff that felt good; so I'm hoping of you people who know there way around character creation could help me take the living theatre the rest of the way.

please

the powers

80     the performance          multi power, 80 point reserve

8f 1) love scene                   mind blast 12d6 (80 active points), incantation (-1/4),                -flood the mind with powerful emotions of love when he say "I love  you!"

standard range (-1/4)

6f 2) criticism                       mind blast 8d6 (60 active points), incantation (-1/4)                   -the head fills with strong feelings of inadequacy while he say degrading things

4f 3) praise                          drain STR 8d6 (40 active points), incantation (-1/4)                   -weaken their will to fight with a complement that they can feel in their soul

standard range (-1/4)

6f 4) spot light                     flash sense group (sight), 8d6 (60 active points)                        -he raises a hand then powerful spot light shines on the hero

targeting, gesture (-1/4)                                             

8f 5) ignore                          dispel 24d6 (80 active points), extra time (extra                        -he see power, then begins to act disinterested in the fight

phase -3/4)

5f 6) Queue                         mind control (50 active points), gesture (-1/2)                            -he gestures with his hands that there is something that the enemy should be doing

15     old pro                         can not be stunned                                                                     -an acting pro won't freeze up on stage

30     be the hero                  aid STR 5d6                                                                               -he tell someone on the team (sometimes himself) how this is there time, they're the hero

30     blocking                      teleportation 30m                                                                        -first thing you learn as an actor is to be where they need you

well that's what I got, I could go try to further on my own but this just seem like a good point to ask for advice. :yes: want him to be a 400 point to match the other npc's

ok well not sure why this was left comment less but let me be more clear on what I wanted to learn from this post; based on the 192 out of 400 points spent and that I want him to have the following skills, how would build his characteristic? (not all  the numbers if you wish, just where you think he needs to be above average)

skill: acting, charm, conversation, cramming, disguise, mimicry ambidexterity and striking looks

also do the powers have any validity for a 400 point hero?

and most importantly do you see any mistakes? (not grammar mistakes)

last min thought: skill a bit confused about END the costs mainly   

Assuming 6th Ed.

1.  Love Scene 12d6 Mental Blast has an active cost of 120 and in general would enable you to one shot many, and two shot everything this side of an actual deity.

2.  Criticism is duplicative of Love Scene.  Suggest alternatively:  "Criticism"  Living Theatre gives one target a scathing review shaking their confidence and putting them in a funk.   2d6 Drain OCV, DCV, Dex, Pre, Ego, Int, Expanded Effects all 6 characteristics simultaneously +2 1/2, incantations -1/4, extra time full phase -1/2; limited range -1/4  Active Cost 70;  Real Cost 35 (3)

3. Praise, I think you meant to use Aid to add to STR rather than Drain.

6.  Ignore:  you have to specify what power the Dispel, dispels.  Like 24d6 Dispel Summon;  or 24d6 Dispel Barrier.

Consider:

"The Show Must Go On"  The Living Theatre gives a moving oration encouraging his teammates to "push through the pain, face their fears and get the job done."  4d6 Aid Stun, End, Body, Pre;  Expanded Effect 4 Characteristics Simultaneously  +1;  Area of Effect 4m Radius, Selective.  Incantations.  Active 72

"Queue"  Aid Ego, Pre 2 characteristics simultaneous, Gestures.  (the Living Theatre Prompts a Teammate to the proper action, i.e. helps them overcome Presence Attacks, Mind Control and other Mental disorders)

"Scene Change"  Change Environment, Variable Combat Effects, Area of Effect Radius  the Living Theatre changes the immediate area to a Stage Scene from one of the innumerable plays in his repertoire.

"Annnnd Curtain"  Darkness, Area of Effect, Personal Immunity.

"Wardrobe!  Makeup!"  Shapeshift any shape, imitation, instant change, makeover, sight group, smell/taste group, touch group.

"Spotlight"  Images only to create light

"A/V Tech"  Images, alterable origin point, -4 to Per rolls, Alterable Size, Sight & Hearing group.  Area of Effect

"Under Study" Cosmic Mimic Pool, only to Mimic powers/characteristics of incapacitated targets.

Errol Flynn school of fencing,   +STR to martial disarm

Martial Arts Fencing

ty for the reply

on 1) are you say it's op, if so as a gm should limit my player to 10d6 attacks and below in till say 600 point characters? other then there str based attacks

on 2) your alternative looks interesting, I have to add it just to test it out

on 3) be the hero is the str booster (should that be more powerful?), praise was made to go with it by draining the foe's str or weakening allies if needed. I do see how it could use a name change how about "step on there lines" (tlt begins to preform every word, grunt and gesture that the foe will do before they can; leaving them feeling predictable and exposed) or "tough love" (tlt tell the foe every thing they lack as a living being and as an opponent, then finishes by saying "but you got spunk"; leaving the foe feeling confuse and inadequate)  

on 6) thanks for the info ill go with summoning's, makes more sense

on the consider part I think I will add the fallowing

"the show must go on" both the name and effect feel good

your "queue"; but it'll need a name change how abut "feed them lines" (tlt squats and stage whispers words of triumph that the ally my have said if they had resisted the mind play) or "get in character" (tlt makes gestures of disbelief, fallowed by telling the target about there selves and about how there not behaving believably)

Starbeet:

1.  Your looking at just the number of dice and not the Active Points of the Damage Cap.  For example which of the following is the more dangerous attack:

a.  14d6 Blast;  works against Alternative Combat Value (OMCV v. DMCV);  attack against Alternative Defensive Value (Mental Defense);  Stun Only;  Line of Sight; Does no Knockback;

or

b.  14d6 Mental Blast

It's a trick question, they are functionally identical.

The idea behind the Damage Cap is to make sure that it's fun for everyone.  "Love Scene" is way out of proportion.  It would be similar to:

a.  A character with 60 pd and 60 ed.

b.  A character with 16 OCV and 16 DCV

c.  A character with 12 Speed.

Under your campaigns caps,

Character A can simply ignore every any normal attack because no one will have more than 14d6 damage.

Character B hits everything on a 17-;  and can only be hit on a 5-, which means he dodges most everything

Character C has 12 Actions per Turn twice what his nearest competitor has.  So the other players become extremely frustrated as they wait for their Action.

The problem with "Love Story" is that it works on a Defensive Combat Value that most targets have only have a 3.   It also works on a defense that almost no one has.  Thus, you attack is more likely than normal to hit, and when it hits its damage is unlikely to be reduced, thus all of the damage is likely to be sustained by your target.

Average normal 14d6 attack in your campaign does (49 - 20) = 29 Stun

Love Story does (42-0) = 42 Stun