Takes No Stun Usable On Other

Lucius

Question

1. If a character is subjected to a Takes No Stun Power bought Usable as Attack, I understand that

a. The character now cannot be stunned or knocked out

b. Upon taking BODy damage, the character loses Powers, STR, SPD, a sense, etc. OR just dies at 0 BOD if the more expensive option was used

But I wonder about

c. - Do Defenses all drop to 1/3?

2. Does the answer change if it's Usable by Other and the character accepts the Power voluntarily?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to ask: if a character has Takes No Stun as their own Power, does that affect how Adjustment Powers work on their defenses? Would it take thrice as much Aid for example to increase PD by a given amount? What if the Takes No Stun was borrowed or imposed on the character, as in the previous two examples?

1 answer to this question

1-2.  Let’s short circuit a whole bunch of potential headaches and questions here (at least for me :) ). The official rule is:  characters cannot use any form of the Usable On Others Advantage to grant Automaton Powers to another character (or to themselves). If the GM chooses to allow this anyway, he can determine the rules implications for his campaign.

3.  Caveat:  I could’ve sworn I addressed this issue somewhere — some book or previous FAQ question — but I can’t find it, so this answer may require revision if in the future I find previous “canonical” info on the subject.

If an Automaton (or other character) has the Takes No STUN Power, then the effect of an Adjustment Power or other ability used to grant that Automaton PD, ED, or any other “defensive ability” or Defense Power is reduced to one-third, as usual, rather than half.

For example, if an Aid PD 4d6 rolls 12, it would normally add 6 PD to the target (since the effect is halved for a defensive ability). For a character with Takes No STUN, the effect is reduced to one-third instead, or 4 PD.

(A really cruel GM could be even more technically strict and reduce the effect to one-third of half, or 2 PD in this example, but the rules don’t require that.)