Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

Marvel has officially announced plans for Phase Three of the MCU so we need one thread to tie it all together, right? Right. 

Bazza reporting from the Internet: 

Marvel Announces Phase Three Slate, Included Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Captain Marvel And Inhumans

Last week’s Warner Bros./DC announcements proved to the world that they were worthy opponents to their one major rival. Now, however, their competitor is striking back! At today’s Marvel event, Kevin Feige took the stage to reveal the studio’s phase three line-up. Amongst the glut of new titles and dates revealed, new logos were showcased as well as concept art for Black Panther, all of which you can check out below.

Here are the list of preliminary dates and titles, with applicable notes on each. Be sure to keep checking back for further details and let us know in the comments what you think of Marvel’s huge announcements today.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-announces-phase-slate-including-black-panther-captain-marvel-inhumans/

B1EAr8_CQAAHTQu.jpg

Keven Feige interview with Screenrant

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B1De3VBCEAA5H4x.jpg

Captain America Serpent Society was a joke title before Civil War was officially announced. 

Black Panther is set to be introduced in this film. (Confirmed by Kevin Feige)

Marvel Pits Captain America & Iron Man in a Cinematic Civil War

B1De3VBCEAA5H4x.jpg

Captain America Serpent Society was a joke title before Civil War was officially announced. 

Black Panther is set to be introduced in this film. (Confirmed by Kevin Feige)

Marvel Pits Captain America & Iron Man in a Cinematic Civil War

I would have preferred the Serpent Society to Civil War.  Much of CW was simply awful.  

I would have preferred the Serpent Society to Civil War.  Much of CW was simply awful.  

I think the premise is something they could work with, though.

Edit: I'd pay to see a Serpent Society movie, though. :D

ScreenRant: That was a really good misdirect with the Captain America title but I think for all of us just to clarify, are there any plans for Serpent Society?

Kevin Feige: There are always plans but they’re mainly jokes. I want to say one more thing about Serpent Society. Civil War is first up, but we didn’t want to blow our wad on the presentation with Civil War right up front. Mike Schula had the idea to put Serpent Societyup there and I thought it was awesome, hilarious and then part of me thought, “You know people are going to love Serpent Society, they’re going to think it’s really cool,” but we were betting they wouldn’t think it’s as cool as Civil War, but now it’s on the radar.

Civil War was phenomenal!!! Can't wait to see it on the big screen and become more real to most people than lame snake stuff!

I'm totally kidding. Never read Civil War; have no idea what the fuss was about.

How much money is about to be sunk into the Marvel lineup? What is this, like twelve films at $100M each?

How much money is about to be sunk into the Marvel lineup? What is this, like twelve films at $100M each?

Budgets for Phase Two films: Iron Man 3 is $200 million, the other three (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy) are $170 million each. Total budget: $710,000,000

Grosses (source Box office mojo):

Iron Man 3: 1,215,439,994

Thor The Dark World: 644,783,140

Captain America The Winter Soldier: 714,083,572

Guardians of the Galaxy: 752,650,120 

Total: Lots aka $3,326,956,826

Profit: $2.6 billion

Post-Infinity War, if there's a Phase 4 through 6, I'd like to see a buildup to a Masters of Evil/Acts of Vengeance storyline. Besides Kang and Korvac, the MoE are the biggest Avengers nemesis not yet featured. They should announce a Squadron Supreme picture just so they can frame the cease and desist letter from Warner.

Boy, they must be hoping really hard the superhero bubble doesn't burst for the rest of the decade. Either that or they're convinced it can't burst and the current trends are forever.

Or, they're convinced they can keep putting out quality product which will sell regardless of trends.