Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it whitewashing that characters who were originally created as white would remain so in a movie?

Well exactly.  They made movies about their biggest, most exciting heroes building up to an Avengers film and most of them were white dudes.  It would have been weird and deliberately fixated on race to NOT have them be who they were in the comic books.

They made movies about their biggest, most exciting heroes building up to an Avengers film and most of them were white dudes.  It would have been weird and deliberately fixated on race to NOT have them be who they were in the comic books.

Well, I want to protest the casting of a white dude as the Vision rather than a red-skinned android like he was in the comics. It's like they deliberately went out of their way to get that wrong!

Actually, in all seriousness, I want to ask a question:

what's the difference between a co-star and a sidekick?

I mean... was Danny Glover the sidekick in Lethal Weapon?  Is Black Widow the sidekick of Captain America?  Isn't a sidekick someone that is subordinate, more a servant and a follower than someone who is also in on the fight, just not the main character?  Like Robin, who is pretty much around to once in a while watch Batman's back and come to set him free if he gets in a deathtrap? Vs Power Man and Iron Fist, where they work together?

Chris Hemsworth visualized 'Thor 4' with director Taika Waititi on New Year's Eve 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1022843001

Comment: two friends sharing a new year's drink, toasting the success of Ragnarok, and playing "what could we do with Thor 4?". 

Will it happen? Like anything with MCU, we have to wait until after Avengers 4. The only two confirmed films are Spider-Man Homecoming 2, and Guardians 3. 

It just occurred to me that Marvel needs a moniker to seperate Phase 1-3 culminating in Avengers 4, with whatever happens after, as they are moving away from calling that "Phase 4". 

In other words the 10 year 22 film series that is Phase 1-3 needs a name or moniker as "Phase 1-3" as a description is silly. My two suggestions are "The Thanos Saga", but as Thanos is hardly present in it, you can't really name it after Thanos, even though he his the Big-big Bad. 

My second suggestion is "The Infinity Stones Series (or Saga)". This is better, as it ties the Tesseract in Captain America 1 from Phase 1, and these Infinity Stones regularly pop up in Avengers 1 and Phase 2 & 3. 

And then in time maybe, Phase 1, Phase 2 & Phase 3 will drop out of usage. 

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Now that Disney owns Fox, can we get MCU Scarlet Witch meeting X-Men Quicksilver? 

Technically speaking Disney does not yet own any of Fox's assets. The purchase remains subject to government approval, which is estimated to take around 18 months. It is even conceivable that the deal could be disallowed all together. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

A Fantastic Four movie where they fight the Skrulls, weakening them so the Kree use that as a reason for attack would be an interesting twist.  Plus it gets the Super Skrull involved.  I know they keep trying an sucking with the Fantastic Four, but if the Marvel Cinema guys get the rights, I have no doubt fans would line up and trust them to do it right, this time.  Although to be fair, they did a pretty good job with the Silver Surfer, so it wasn't all just a horrendous catastrophe.