Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

That's the guy.  I was thinking Scourge, but then I got it mixed up with Skurge from Thor, and had second thoughts.  I doubt myself more these days than I used to.

I thought it was a useful method of cleaning up some more ridiculous or useless old characters, personally.  It was a very interesting storyline across all comics, him showing up and gunning down a bad guy, then gone behind the scenes.

John Byrne was the one that set him straight on it, as I recall. Pitched a story idea and Gruenwald wanted to know what villains he was going to create. Byrne told him the villains were already in the Marvel stable. Second- or third-raters that were on Scourge's list.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel's 'New Warriors' Won't Air on Freeform, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-new-warriors-wont-air-freeform-series-will-be-shopped-1052696

Marvel's highly anticipated take on New Warriors is on the move.

The half-hour scripted comedy, picked up straight to series at Freeform in April, will no longer air on the younger-skewing, Disney-owned cable network. Instead, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marvel will shop the live-action comedy to other outlets. Sources say there has been some talk that the 10-episode series from Kevin Biegel (Enlisted) could be taken to Disney's forthcoming subscription streaming service, though insiders stress that's a long shot.

Sources suggest Disney-owned Marvel — which has a multiple-show deal at Netflix that includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders and the upcoming Punisher — is no longer able to sell to outside companies. (Marvel denies that.) If true, that would seemingly limit the potential new homes for New Warriors.

New Reports Says Marvel TV Can No Longer Lease New Properties To Companies Not Owned by Disney
https://mcuexchange.com/marvel-tv-disney-owned-channels/

Amidst all this worry, there is a silver lining to be found. Being the giant conglomerate it is, Disney does own several TV companies. On top of ABC, Freeform and ESPN, they own A&E, History Channel, and Lifetime. The streaming service Hulu where Runaways is set to air is also co-owned by Disney so there is a bit of hope for future properties. It’s all a matter of distributing properties in appropriate platforms.

It's just too much to watch for me.  I guess its great that its all available but there must be at least 15+ superhero shows through all the networks and streaming.  Add that my and the wife's normal shows, I can't even think about some of the stuff coming out.

Well, ABC will be making things easier for viewers: chances are there will be no further episodes of The Inhumans after its 8-episode run, and this will be Agents of SHIELD's final season.

I don't know how well The Gifted is doing for Fox, but if that's not finding a big enough audience, that will be gone too.

The CW has a glut of superhero shows, but only one of them is actually any good (Supergirl), so that should make it easy for folks to manage their superhero intake.

3 hours ago, zslane said:

I don't know how well The Gifted is doing for Fox, but if that's not finding a big enough audience, that will be gone too.

Heh, I was DVRing The Gifted hoping that I could find time to watch it.  Instead the wife and kids found it on the DVR and watched it without me, and now they're hooked.  I still haven't seen a second of it.

2 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Heh, I was DVRing The Gifted hoping that I could find time to watch it.  Instead the wife and kids found it on the DVR and watched it without me, and now they're hooked.  I still haven't seen a second of it.

You are the family provider...of superhero entertainment. Plus it has Amy Acker! 

The Gifted is definitely well written, directed, acted, and produced. My only problem with it is that it has a relentless dreariness to it that reduces its overall entertainment value for me. Much in the same way that I stopped watching 24 after about five episodes; that sort of intense, anxiety-imbued drama is not what I look for in an hour of entertainment. So while I acknowledge that The Gifted is very well done, I'm not sure that it suits my tastes.

Slightly OT, but I was thinking the other day that even tho there are a lot of shows I'm theoretically watching, with the near-death of the traditional TV season model and the advent of binge media drops and so forth, I'm really only watching 2-3 shows at any one time. Sure, I'm eagerly waiting for the next seasons of GoT, Westworld, I Zombie, Legion, and all the Netflix MCU shows. But the only shows I'm actually watching at the moment are Supergirl, The Gifted, and The Orville. Nice to have stuff spaced out more throughout the year like that. Add in the fact that most of those shows are only 8-10 episodes per season, and it doesn't really turn into that many hours of television per week.