Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feige says there are 20(!) more films after Avengers 4 planned, and Disney says they'll be making Marvel films for at least another 20 years(!).  Considering they are potentially getting the rights to X-Men and FF back soon, that's potentially a film series consisting of 40-100+ films.  That would make it the longest major film series in cinematic history.  Truly an epic accomplishment, if they pull it off.  

The MCU is already historic. James Bond has officially 24 films in the series since Dr No, whilst the MCU has so far released 17 films and has 7 more in development. The MCU is also the most successful series-franchise at the box office, while other series like Star Wars are more successful if accounted for inflation & merchandising, or home video sales/rentals, etc.  

On 24/11/2017 at 10:56 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

The British approach television as stories rather than seasons; they make a show as long as it takes to tell the story they have, then they're done.  If there are ideas to do another such story, they do another series.  Its odd to American audiences, but in the modern internet age, its a better option I think

I think that is a generous take on the state of play in the UK ;-) 

We used to do enormous seasons. Can't afford it these days! 

Recently finished Punisher. I am going to disagree with the other comments in this thread and say that I found the pacing just perfect. 

Unlike other Netflix shows I enjoyed all the diversions into side characters who seemed to behave in sensible or at least realistic ways (again unlike other Netflix shows). The only action I had trouble buying was from Castle himself in the final episode. Which you can probably guess if you have seen and we can guess Season 2 is the real reason. 

Punisher is a long way from my favourite character but this has been one of my favourites from Netflix. 

I liked the trailer, especially the use of the theme song, which is one of the best ever written for movies.  It should be up there with Star Wars for fame and popularity,

Not fond of the treatment of Thanos, he's just Josh Brolin with a weird chin.  And Spider-Man's costume keeps getting more rococo every film, like Batman's in the 90s.  I expect him to show up with nipples and CGI glowing seams soon.

34 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I liked the trailer, especially the use of the theme song, which is one of the best ever written for movies.  It should be up there with Star Wars for fame and popularity,

Not fond of the treatment of Thanos, he's just Josh Brolin with a weird chin.  And Spider-Man's costume keeps getting more rococo every film, like Batman's in the 90s.  I expect him to show up with nipples and CGI glowing seams soon.

New way to shoot webs?:shock::rofl:

6 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Meh. They can probably do glowing seams with practical effects easier and cheaper than with CGI these days. Flexible LED strips or such.