Dragon Martial Arts

quozaxx

I am trying to come up with Martial Arts that one dragon can use against another dragon in hand-to-hand (or is it talon-to-talon) combat..

I would like to have about 5 or 6 maneuvers and know which (from first to last) the order in which they would learn them.

Martial Arts is not my forte, and if you'd like you can add more maneuvers for more advanced dragon martial arts.  

If you'd like, you could incorporate their tails in the combat maneuvers, but not their breath weapon.

Thanks

Ok I know you are being serious and I will give a serious answer in a moment but the images I have in my head are old Godzilla movies where Godzilla does some funky little "fight/martial art" moves in the movies.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iym8TVQH7hA

But seriously you might want to go and look at the Martial Arts book and HD prefab pack.

Dragonfight (Default Element is Natural Weapons)

4 pt Charge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC +v/10 Strike, FMove

5 pt Brace: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

4 pt Seize with Jaws or Claws: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab one Limb, +10 STR to hold on, Weapon

4 pt Crush/Slash/Shake/Drag: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Crush, Must Follow Grab

5 pt Tail Swipe / Wing Clip: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +v/10; Target Falls; FMove

5 pt Grapple: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -2 DCV, Block, Must Follow Grab, Grab 5 limbs, +20 STR to hold, You Fall, Opponent Falls, Unbalancing: Opponent strikes first next phase

Lucius Alexander

Crouching palindromedary, hidden dragon

Edited by Lucius

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Randomly putting this out there in case you find it useful.

I like Lucius' build.

I don't care for the dragon style kung fu template in the ultimate martial artist book, but that's because I'm nitpicky and have done a fair bit of dragon style. That said, I also don't like the touch of cotton balls, so I'm obviously odd.

Anyway, in case it's useful.

Actual dragon style kung fu has seizing, throwing, striking, and raking attacks. There are also kicks referred to as relating to the dragon's tail. All of those tend to work by working the entirety of your body against only a segment of your opponents.

Now, I must go. If I stay too long in one place, the cotton balls will find me.

I am trying to come up with Martial Arts that one dragon can use against another dragon in hand-to-hand (or is it talon-to-talon) combat..

I would like to have about 5 or 6 maneuvers and know which (from first to last) the order in which they would learn them.

Martial Arts is not my forte, and if you'd like you can add more maneuvers for more advanced dragon martial arts.

If you'd like, you could incorporate their tails in the combat maneuvers, but not their breath weapon.

Thanks

Beastiary has a " Red in tooth and claw" martial art for critters...I think it would do just fine. :)

If dragons can shape shift, buy usable in form "X" just like a weapon familiarity.