Arena: General Discussion

Logan D. Hurricanes

Week 5  	Startingbigbywolfe	62Steve   	52Bazza   	39CaptnStrawberry	35Lady Pariah	59SKJAM!   	83Enforcer84	42The Rose	108Psybolt  	126Pariah  	58BlueCloud2k2	68Hermit  	105

Also, I like the idea posted that #1 seeds play #2 seeds of other league, so that's how we'll do the playoffs this season. That way, all match-ups in week 1 of playoffs are new, no repeats.

Also, I like the idea posted that #1 seeds play #2 seeds of other league, so that's how we'll do the playoffs this season. That way, all match-ups in week 1 of playoffs are new, no repeats.

Outstanding. It'll be nice to see some fresh faces. Thank you, Lord Commissioner.

Here are your deadpool updates. As you know, there were three tied for two spots: Pig Iron, Pikachu, and Hairball.* There were so many awesome nominations that I decided to remove all three from the list. You're welcome. To replace them, and fill the other empty spots, I have chosen

1. The Blob
  2. Darkwing Duck
  3. Giganta
  4. Matter-Eater Lad
  5. Stingray

So your new full deadpool looks like this:

Alley-Kat Abra

Black Lightning

Blob

Darkwing Duck

Doctor Spectrum

Giganta

Man-Bat

Matter-Eater Lad

Moon Knight

Red Bee

Stingray

Throg

I will now go roll the substitutes for The Psy-Chos. They'll be posted shortly.

*Really? Hairball? And Pig Iron would have been awesome! You people ... 011.gif

Darkwing Duck....sweet!  "I am the terror that flaps in the night." What a cool catch phrase!

Trivia Answers!

1. The Penguin
    1. Oswald Cobblepot. This was pretty much a gimme. Gotham made this well known even among casual fans now.
  2. The Riddler
    1. Edward Nigma (sometimes spelled Nygma). A retcon later stated that this is a false name he chose for himself and that his real name was Edward Nashton.
  3. The Joker
    1. Nobody knows! The comic books never revealed a real name, although he had a plethora of assumed identities. (The laziest being Joe Kerr. Seriously?) In Batman (1989) he was named Jack Napier, a tribute to the actor that played Alfred in the '66 TV series. 
  4. The Ventriloquist
    1. Arnold Wesker. The dummy, Scarface, started out as Woody, a dummy carved from the former gallows by a cellmate. 
  5. Calendar Man
    1. Julian Gregory Day. This is often cited as one of the worst real identities in all of comics (or most brilliant, depending upon your point of view). It's also usually the only thing people know or remember about the Calendar Man.
  6. Captain Cold
    1. Leonard Snart. Great name, now reaching a wider audience on The Flash.
  7. Killer Frost
    1. Crystal Frost. There have been three Killer Frosts, the other two being Louise Lincoln and Caitlin Snow, a name being used on The Flash.  
  8. The Vulture
    1. Adrian Toomes. Not Tombs, though I have no doubt they intended you to think that.
  9. The Rhino
    1. Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich. I thought this one would be a lot harder than it was, but I forgot about his recent appearance in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
  10. Mysterio
    1. Quentin Beck. Not Fishbowl Head. That's just a nickname.
  11. Electro
    1. Max Dillon. Another villain from Amazing Spider-Man 2
  12. Adam Warlock
    1. Him. Originally an artificial construct created by the Enclave, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby named the character "HIM" when he first appeared in Fantastic Four #66. Jim Starlin made the character into Adam warlock from the 1970's.
  13. Solomon Grundy
    1. Cyrus Gold. A dead man resurrected by the swamp 30 years before Ted Sallis and Alec Holland performed the same trick.
  14. Darkseid
    1. Uxas. He took up the name Darkseid after killing his mother and brother to inherit the Omega Effect.
  15. Galactus
    1. Galen (sometimes spelled Galen). Galen was born in the universe that existed before our own. As his universe died, he joined with the Sentience of the Universe and was reborn after the Big Bang as Galactus.

FWIW, IMMO the worst real identity in all of comics is Roy G. Bivolo, The Rainbow Raider.

Once again, too many points earned!

You vex me.

250px-Riddler-character.png

Him! Aww dammit. I should have remembered that!

I am getting too damn old.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day.  I'm afraid my mother passed away unexpectedly many years ago but I cherish her memory.  I also got a new puppy today - Winky the smartest terrier/chihuahua/dalmation mix (?) on the planet!

good memories of mom  I hope and welcome to the family, Winky

I thank the Rose for that. A man of honor, that one... odd and vengeful, and a touch delusional, but a man of honor nonetheless.

Oh, and I do okay on trivia.

Please remember that I am honorable when you vote. Or that I'm vengeful. Either is OK.

La Rose.